Dark Horse Omnibus volume 1

JimmyPSHayes

INDIANA JONES OMNIBUS VOLUME 1

WILLIAM MESSNER-LOEBS (W), DAN BARRY (W), LEE MARRS (W), DAN BARRY (A), LEO DURANONA (A), KARL KESEL (A), ANDY MUSHYNSKY (A), and more

On sale Feb 6
FC, 352 pages
$24.95
TPB, 6" x 9"

Indiana Jones is back in this massive volume recounting three of the most important discoveries in the career of the twentieth century?s most adventurous archaeologist!

Containing the long-out-of-print stories, ?Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis,? ?Thunder in the Orient,? and ?Indiana Jones and the Arms of Gold,? this substantial tome follows the intrepid Dr. Jones as he travels from Africa to Asia and nearly everywhere in between in a race against the Nazis for the world?s greatest treasures. From lost cities, to ancient temples, to artifacts of legendary power, Indy will stop at nothing to preserve these prizes from the grasp of Adolf Hitler?s evil minions.

? Collecting many long-out-of-print stories in one value-priced volume!

? With Indiana Jones 4 set to release in May 2008, the Indiana Jones Omnibus is a perfect jumping-on point for new readers!
g

This looks great!!! And unlike a lot of the other phone book size trades, it's in FULL COLOR!!

Indy's Fist

This is nice for those who don't have these comics! I'm fortunate to have all the Indy comics. I even got a promo poster for the comics that sits proudly on my wall. I think the poster was included with "The Fate of Atlantis" issue#1. I wonder if they will reprint the Marvel comics issues.

JimmyPSHayes

I do believe they are going to collect the Marvel series at some point. They're done it with the Star Wars and Conan the Barbarian comics.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I hope they have some logical order for the stories...
at least they put the two Sophia tales together.

AL_Patterson said:
Is this a collection of comics or novellas?

Comics. It's several of the Dark Horse mini-series.

Dunno if I'll buy it... I may just for collection's sake.

Though I'm more looking forward to a collection of the Marvel run. I much prefer Marvel's take on the franchise. Pulpy, corny good fun. It'd be great to have them all in one comprehensive manuscript.

Mmm, all this Indy merchandise coming out has me so giddy...:D

fortuneandglory

ResidentAlien said:
Yep, all that has me really excited.

Same here. I actually wasn't expecting all of this... new toy lines, LEGOs, comic books, games...

I know I should have, but all I ever thought about was the movie. I completely forgot that there would be merchandise galore to go along with such a huge, much awaited release. So I kind of geeked out a little :D

No Ticket

That's pretty cool...

You know, I only just realized that my brother has all of the old Indy comics. I had completely forgotten about it. They're all in brand new condition I think in a trunk in his closet.

fortuneandglory

No Ticket said:
That's pretty cool...

You know, I only just realized that my brother has all of the old Indy comics. I had completely forgotten about it. They're all in brand new condition I think in a trunk in his closet.

You should send them to me!(y)

No Ticket

fortuneandglory said:
You should send them to me!(y)

I haven't seen them myself in years. But I'm pretty sure he has them still. I remember reading through all of them a long time ago and they were all in perfect condition back then... and the stuff in there rarely gets touched. I think among that there are baseball, football and basketball cards too. Not to mention like, a million spider-man and x-men comics. lol.

Doc Savage

No Ticket said:
Where does your brother live? I'll go gas up the car.

Indy's Fist

I have all the originals. for me the reprint is not even a consideration, however a new series will be cool. I just hope it goes for years. Most Indy tiles, sadly, don't last that long. But new Indy is always a good thing!

Rivers

I harrassed Dark Horse comics with e-mails for months begging them to do a new Indy comic....It paid off!!!

Indy 4 has got me stoked for a couple reasons. Of course the fact that we get to see a new movie, but I am equally excited about all the merchandise in different mediums it will spawn. Indy 4 will revive Indy stories in comics and novels, video games and toys for years to come....that excites me incredibly!!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
This Omnibus is good news. I've got a three FoA issues and the last "Arms of Gold" issue, so to get it all complete and "Thunder in the Orient" will be pretty awesome. I will definitely get. Supanova Comic Con here I come!

Mind you, I look even more forward to the Marvel's, especially the ones with Marion in it! I've got the 1st part of the Golden Idol story arc, but not the second! I really want to get the Search for Abner story arc and the Raven's Nest issue too.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The color for part 4 of Fate of Atlantis was done on the cheap, as it was in most of the other tales. They can do so much more with computer coloring these days... is there a chance they went back for a deluxe enhancement?

The 'Further Adventures' Omnibus (omnibi?) and the movie adaptions should at least go to solid colors.