The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles

You mean the flickering 'old indiana Jones Chronicles'? yeah lookin good Stoo, nice how you quoted me twice as MysteryFedoraMan is actually ME. Shocking yes I know, have made a few slighty Indy themed videos myself,along with some craziness

You're right about Flannery10 though, Haven't seen him in awhile. Maybe hes on holiday?:confused:

metalinvader

Thanks for the kind offer Stoo.But alas,I already have a full set (along with two sealed cases:dead: )Thanks anyways though!:hat: Maybe when you upload the next installment,You can have another trivia question to go along with the video,With a card being the prize.

As for the new logo,I noticed it right away.It's a nice touch and it doesn't take away from the opening at all.

Stoo

O.K., I'll save the cards for something else.:hat:

Jeremiah Jones said:
You mean the flickering 'old indiana Jones Chronicles'? yeah lookin good
I did add some flickering but check out the main logo in gold. It's appearance has been extended and changes to read "OLD".:D
Anyway, the sad part is that we're past the halfway mark now since the number of remaining bookends are dwindling...
The other day, I listened to an Indy-Cast for the 1st time (#56?) and Old Indy was being shot down.:(

Flannery10

Wow, I didn't think I'd be missed that much.;) I'm sorry guys, but I had a couple of busy months, but I checked out the threads once in a while to see what was going on over here. But now that I have been mentioned, I just wanted to assure you I'm still around, even though I don't have that much time on my hands anymore.

Great Job as usual, Stoo.:hat: It's just great to see some of those bookends, since we didn't get them with the DVDs. I always wanted to see the Petrograd one and the Scandal ones(y), just excellent. Really appreciate the work you put into this project. The logo morphing is also really well done. What program did you use? Adobe Moviemaker?

Thanks for posting old man Indy...not telling the cabbie the end of the story because it was getting too expensive really reminded me of Harrisons delivery/style!

:dead:

fommes

Stoo, great job, as usual!

Just curious, which shot did you have to drop?

The morphing of the logo was really well done, I didn't catch that at first. I think I like the last logo the best, the one at the end; the flicker you use two times also has a terrific effect. I wonder if it would be even more effective if you left out the entire opening titles, and put that one at the beginning as opening? Perhaps it might help the narrative to stand apart more?

Cheers!

DIrishB

Stoo...amazing...simply awesometastic (yes its so great it gets its own made-up word).

I'm so glad you're posting these...

Jorbex

What an awesome custom fig! Great use of Henry Sr's body (even if he looks a tad thin, if I remember correctly).

DIrishB

Stoo said:
Putting this one together proved to be the biggest challenge so far since the ?Scandal? bookends were
compiled from 3 different sources (and I couldn?t have completed it without fommes):
- Original English ?Scandal of 1920? (video)
- French dubbed ?Scandal of 1920? (video & audio)
- English w/Dutch subtitles ?New York, June 1920? & ?New York, July 1920? (video & audio)
(Unfortunately, I had to drop a shot from fommes? copy of the 2-parter. I?ll explain later...:(
and just realized that I have a clean, uncorrupted Scandal-Part 1-closer in English without
subtitles but it's too late now. I'll fix it for the DVD.)

Stoo, just a quick question about the original broadcast of Scandal of 1920. Did the US version feature the Old Indy bookend scenes, or is this a case where they only aired in Europe (like with Chicago, April 1920 and Chicago, May 1920) featuring Spike?

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
When Mystery of the Blues was aired in Greece it was shown with Harrison Ford's bookend not with Hall's. You mean all Europe saw Hall's bookend?

DIrishB

metalinvader said:
Thought I'd throw this in here because it is a bit on topic here..

Every (TRUE) fan of old Indy needs to check out this amazing custom that ddschneider1972 did of old Indy himself..

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=410757&postcount=938

Thats incredible! Can't wait to see the finished product. ddschneider1972 certainly knows what they're doing! Damn, thats impressive.

Sakis said:
When Mystery of the Blues was aired in Greece it was shown with Harrison Ford's bookend not with Hall's. You mean all Europe saw Hall's bookend?

I might be mistaken, it may only have aired with Hall's bookends in the UK or other specific countries within Europe--in which he interacts with his grandson Spike and his friends band and gets to telling them about when he lived in Chicago and played the Blues. Stoo will be able to clear it up.

But yes, there were bookends shot with George Hall for the Mystery of the Blues episodes which were trumped by the Harrison Ford 1950 bookends shown in the US and apparently there in Greece (and probably other countries). The Hall versions aired in some other countries. I'd never seen them before Stoo posted them here in the Old Indy Chronicles he's been editing together.

Stoo

Flannery10 said:
Wow, I didn't think I'd be missed that much.;) I'm sorry guys, but I had a couple of busy months, but I checked out the threads once in a while to see what was going on over here. But now that I have been mentioned, I just wanted to assure you I'm still around, even though I don't have that much time on my hands anymore.
Well, the Young Indy section of the board has quieted down considerably since its heyday last year but it's good to hear from you, Flannery10, and hope you are doing well! Thanks for the kind words and glad you enjoyed it.:hat:

fommes said:
Just curious, which shot did you have to drop?

The morphing of the logo was really well done, I didn't catch that at first. I think I like the last logo the best, the one at the end; the flicker you use two times also has a terrific effect. I wonder if it would be even more effective if you left out the entire opening titles, and put that one at the beginning as opening? Perhaps it might help the narrative to stand apart more?
I am thinking of doing something like this for a complete DVD compilation (to replace the crude version) but I'll keep the credits in each chapter for now. Gives it a fitting serial feel! Thanks to everyone for the comments on the logo morph. There'll be other changes in Part 8 but they will be for the good, trust me!;)

As for the dropped shot, see below...

DIrishB said:
Stoo, just a quick question about the original broadcast of Scandal of 1920. Did the US version feature the Old Indy bookend scenes, or is this a case where they only aired in Europe (like with Chicago, April 1920 and Chicago, May 1920) featuring Spike?
Sakis said:
I'm pretty sure that the "Blues" bookends with G.Hall aired in the U.K. only (but am not 100% certain).

The "Scandal" bookends, yes, they were shown in the U.S. (and Canada) but with a different edit. I don't know exactly which countries showed the 2-parter but, based on what I have, here's a breakdown of the differences between it and the movie version:

-Opening long shot of Chrysler building (Movie only. 20 secs.)
-Close up fly-by of the Chrysler building & cityscape (2-parter only. 10 secs.)*
-Opening, exterior sequence of the 2nd part (2-parter only - the movie version starts with Indy already inside the theatre. 20 secs.)
By combining the 2 versions, The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles version is unique and can only be seen on StooTV.:D

*This is the shot from fommes' copy that had to be dropped. Why? It's the continuation of the movie's opening shot and (because it's 10 secs. long) its inclusion would have screwed up the audio sync. Unfortunate but maybe I can fudge something in the future since the 2 shots slightly overlap. Here is that pesky, extra shot:

Scandal_Rare.jpg

Stoo

P.S. I forgot to mention another difference. The shot of the buildings scrolling by just before we see the taxi is shorter in the 2-parter. The longer version from the movie was used for Part 7.:)

fommes

Stoo said:
This is the shot from fommes' copy that had to be dropped. Why? It's the continuation of the movie's opening shot and (because it's 10 secs. long) its inclusion would have screwed up the audio sync. Unfortunate but maybe I can fudge something in the future since the 2 shots slightly overlap. Here is that pesky, extra shot:
That's right! - I already thought something was unfamiliar about those opening shots :) It's a pity there's just that one second missing at the opening of the original two-parter on my copy. I guess I must have been just a tiny fraction too late recording this.

TalonCard

Stoo, I can not get over how much work you are putting into not only editing these old bookends into a great supplement to the "new" Young Indy movies, but also into improving them each time. Going to the trouble to combine different versions of the bookends from different countries for the most complete story possible...it's above and beyond the call of duty, sir, and I salute you. :hat:

Have you considered putting together a "bookend" of Ford's Young Indy reference in KOTCS as an easter egg for the DVD? That'd be pretty awesome... ;)

TC

DIrishB

TalonCard said:
Stoo, I can not get over how much work you are putting into not only editing these old bookends into a great supplement to the "new" Young Indy movies, but also into improving them each time. Going to the trouble to combine different versions of the bookends from different countries for the most complete story possible...it's above and beyond the call of duty, sir, and I salute you. :hat:

Completely agree. Not only these awesome Old Indy edits, but the translations for the French Indy comics. Stoo is certainly one of my favorite members! He's an all around great guy, and has put in a lot of time to share these Indy tales with fellow fans!

Have you considered putting together a "bookend" of Ford's Young Indy reference in KOTCS as an easter egg for the DVD? That'd be pretty awesome... ;)

TC

Ooohhh!! Thats a great idea!

Stoo

Thanks Talon Card and DIrishB, I really appreciate it. It's good to know that people are enjoying them. Despite a few bozo comments on YouTube, the feedback is generally positive and (for some reason) there has been a recent rash of subscribers.

The funny thing about Chapter 7 is that IF my "Scandal" tape had not been chewed up, I wouldn't have seeked out a new copy and would've NEVER discovered the extra footage! Talk about a blessing in disguise. (So we owe our debt to fommesy-baby & my poor, dead Mitsubishi for that!:hat:) It makes me wonder if there are any other differences between the N.American & Euro versions than just "Blues" & "Scandal". For Chapter 8 and onwards, I'm going to use the alternate, opening theme. The variation is much more fitting for the wacky, old professor.

Another thing I want to do is make a photo montage of the extra part w/car valet from the "British East Africa, September 1909" bookends in the Young Indy comic book. It's totally do-able and would make for some cool, bonus material. I am missing a few issues (1-2 and 9-12) but I know #10, "Austria, 1917" has Indy on a park bench talking to a woman and is not the same as TV version. Are there any differences in the others issues?

Talon, the "Skull" bookend for Mexico is an excellent idea! The scene is long enough that it could work...just have to figure out where to split the thing. Chapter 14: Love it!:cool:

AnnieJones

Stoo said:
the feedback is generally positive and (for some reason) there has been a recent rash of subscribers.

Stoo,you are a cool dude for putting the lost bookends up,that is why you are getting a lot of subscribers.Putting them up for people who were not old enough to remember,or who did not get to see any of them old enough or not, and of course the bookends from around the world(such as the bookend with Spike not being shown in the U.S.).You are also getting a lot of subscribers because you don't accept very many friend invites,but I'm sure you have a good reason for that.