Little things that make KOTCS awesome....

The Man

Lonsome_Drifter said:
-The whole scene of Indy watching Akator be flooded and the space**** fly away.

Now, that is terrific CG. The temple disintegration and the rushing flood in its stead is the most striking, beautiful shot of the movie. The whistling wind throughout on the audio oddly enhances the sense of human wonder against nature's indifference to the spectacle...

The Drifter

The Man said:
Now, that is terrific CG. The temple disintegration and the rushing flood in its stead is the most striking, beautiful shot of the movie. The whistling wind throughout on the audio oddly enhances the sense of human wonder against nature's indifference to the spectacle...

Great wat to put it. That is probley my favorite scene in the movie. I love how we can see Indiana in the forground. He just looks on in amazment.

Also, I just realized in my lasy post I typed space****, and I meant spaceship lol.

Saber79

Excellent topic..

I'd have to go with a lot of the ones mentioned already, but some of my choices for that "little moment that makes it awesome" are:

- Indy being a total smart ass to Spalko in the beginning..."Ouch" "wubble-u's" etc.

- Indy and Mutt trading kicks to Dovchenko's face

- "Part time"

- The mention of when Indy rode with Pancho Villa

- Everytime Mutt thinks Indy is old and then watches in awe as Indy kicks ass

- Indy being "Indy" in the whole warehouse.

- Indy being scrubbed and looking at the guy, pissed, grabbing the broom

- Nods to the other movies...Henry and Marcus, Ark, the Grail theme when Indy is discussing knowledge, supposed Sankara parchment in the college hall.

And then everything else you all mentioned.

Morning Bell

Maybe it's just a small thing but I love Drew Struzan's artwork. Once again, it looks great and really captures the feel of the previous films.

Indy's Fist

I know I'll get my ass kicked around here for saying this but I thought KOTCS was awsome as a whole! I will say that the nucular fridge was a bit over-the-top but it was not distracting enough to ruin the movie for me.

If I had one favorite scene I would say it was the jungle chase!

The Drifter

Indy's Fist said:
I know I'll get my ass kicked around here for saying this but I thought KOTCS was awsome as a whole! I will say that the nucular fridge was a bit over-the-top but it was not distracting enough to ruin the movie for me.

I thought it was awesome also. I sat down and watched it last night in-depth; meaning I would re-wind scenes over and over just to watch them again. I really enjoyed the whole damn movie.

Dr.Jonesy

:(
Indy's Fist said:

Why do you think you'll get your ass kicked?

Alot of people here think the same as you, including me!

Except for the jungle chase being the favorite, mine is a bit different.;)

And the fridge rocks. I don't care what anyone says.

Don't think you'll get your ass kicked. ALOT of people here like KOTCS too.

:whip:

James

Indy's Fist said:
I will say that the nucular fridge was a bit over-the-top but it was not distracting enough to ruin the movie for me.

Midway through the Saucermen From Mars script, something wonderful happened. Indiana Jones survived an atomic blast. For years, it bothered me that I never got to witness such a cliffhanger on the big screen.

I'm honestly surprised that this scene caused such a backlash. How can you not love and appreciate the sheer audacity of it? Sure, there was really no way to re-write it so it would have satisfied everyone, but who cares?

If I were Lucas or Spielberg, I would have fought tooth and nail to keep that scene in the film.

Dr.Jonesy

James said:
Midway through the Saucermen From Mars script, something wonderful happened. Indiana Jones survived an atomic blast. For years, it bothered me that I never got to witness such a cliffhanger on the big screen.

I'm honestly surprised that this scene caused such a backlash. How can you not love and appreciate the sheer audacity of it? Sure, there was really no way to re-write it so it would have satisfied everyone, but who cares?

If I were Lucas or Spielberg, I would have fought tooth and nail to keep that scene in the film.

I remember someone did a revised script in which Indy went into a bomb shelter or an underground bomb-proof room which he found in the floor of the house.

Maybe they would've liked that?
:confused:

I don't care that some hated that scene anyway. It rocks!

Snakes

How can you not love and appreciate the sheer audacity of it? Sure, there was really no way to re-write it so it would have satisfied everyone, but who cares?

Agreed. I love over the top, pulpy moments like that in films. One reason Indiana Jones is great is because it balances the ridiculous stuff with great storytelling and production values.
As for little things that make KOTCS awesome, the weird sound heard in Peru from the opening of Raiders and the Star Wars sound effect when the Russians break into Hangar 51. I love when they re-use sounds from the original films, it really helps sell it as a Indiana Jones film.

James

Dr.Jonesy said:
I remember someone did a revised script in which Indy went into a bomb shelter or an underground bomb-proof room which he found in the floor of the house.

Maybe they would've liked that?

I believe the Saucermen version had Indy dropping into a cellar, and pulling the fridge down over him. Either way, the fact that Indy was in the blast radius was always going to cause problems for 2008 audiences.

After all, this was a summer in which the Batmobile got taken out by a single hit from a rocket launcher.

caats

James said:
I believe the Saucermen version had Indy dropping into a cellar, and pulling the fridge down over him. Either way, the fact that Indy was in the blast radius was always going to cause problems for 2008 audiences.

After all, this was a summer in which the Batmobile got taken out by a single hit from a rocket launcher.

i think it was the rocket + the flipping really. don't really care tho. cause it led to the batpod unveil. which was too awesome.

Indy's Fist

Thank you Lonsome_Drifter & Dr.Jonesy for seeing LOTCS as a wonderful as I do. I was afraid some of the others here who seem to live to hate this movie would just dump on me. I'm not saying KOTCS was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it was fun and what I would expect for an Indy Jones movie. Could it have been better? Sure, it could but so could almost every movie ever made.

Dr.Jonesy

Indy's Fist said:
Thank you Lonsome_Drifter & Dr.Jonesy for seeing LOTCS as a wonderful as I do. I was afraid some of the others here who seem to live to hate this movie would just dump on me. I'm not saying KOTCS was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it was fun and what I would expect for an Indy Jones movie. Could it have been better? Sure, it could but so could almost every movie ever made.

I wouldn't worry about getting dumped on since the mods do a great job at keeping the boards troll-free.

You're not alone!(y)

Darth Vile

Indy's Fist said:

It's my perception that the majority of people here think KOTCS was at least "ok"... There are some who out and out hate the movie, but I think most can find something to like (even if it's Ford's performance or the warehouse scenes etc.).

Agent Crab

KoTCS was enjoyable, but I wouldn't say it's my favourite movie. Though, watchin' the movie made me feel young, though.

Indy's brother

The entire ufo reveal was awesome. It's really grown on me. The surreal atonal music, the shot through that whole scene is beautiful and old school.

Classic. Spielberg.

Snakes

I really love the shot of Indy climbing the crates as the Russians all point guns up at him. The music, lighting, and camera are all really awesome in this shot.
I wish I had a screenshot, but I can't find one.

Dr.Jonesy

-The shot of Indy climbing the crates, then dropping the shot
-The sound the casing on the Alien makes when cut
-The delivery of the "80" line and Indy's reaction
-Mutt flipping the knife

A bit later in the film, but...
-UFO taking off, with Indy being the only visible witness.

I'll go through the rest of the film in a few days when I have time. There's just too many awesome little things.:gun: