Elsa Schneider: Canyon of the Crescent Moon

bonoferox

Eh, mine was done on a job as well......worst job ever.

Be sure to at least include the fake Hitler autograph ;)

Indy fan 235

nezobiwan said:
Thanks, folks. :eek: :D

Only a couple of days to go! I'm at work pretending to give a crap, but really just working on finishing my grail diary. :rolleyes: ;)

LOL All day at work I've been on here chatting about Indy. Hard to stay focused on anything else!

nezobiwan

Indy fan 235 said:
LOL All day at work I've been on here chatting about Indy. Hard to stay focused on anything else!
The problem with my job is that there actually isn't anything else to focus on. :rolleyes:

Indy fan 235

If I may ask, what do you do? (It's cool if you don't want to answer. I know sometimes people like to keep things like that private on boards.)

nezobiwan

Indy fan 235 said:
If I may ask, what do you do? (It's cool if you don't want to answer. I know sometimes people like to keep things like that private on boards.)
I work at a resort and my job is to go over all of my department's reservations and make sure that all of the information is correct: date, accommodation, number of nights, etc. And if the resort is in a slow period I hardly have any work to do. Occassionally I answer customer calls, but there aren't many of those during slow season either. *shrug*

So if I can get away with it, sometimes I bring home projects to work. :p

nezobiwan

Indy fan 235 said:
That's cool that you can work on personal stuff at work. How's the costume coming? All finished?
Costume is pretty much finished! I even got my hair dyed blonde on Sunday. It looks terrible with my normal clothes on, but I can always dye it dark again after this week. :rolleyes:

I stained my jacket and it shrunk :eek: It still fits, but more tightly than before.

My mom is going to sew the trim on my camisole, so that should be done by tomorrow. It's only 12 inches of sewing; it'll take like 7 seconds to do.

My friend Lacey and I were having an argument over what color Elsa's lipstick is in that scene: I say deep pink and she says red. :rolleyes:

I hope that it doesn't rain tomorrow night! (n)

nezobiwan

bonoferox said:
Light red?

Are you taking your grail and diary along with you?
That's what I'm saying! Doesn't light red=pink? :confused:

Of course I'm bringing the grail and diary! I'll be carrying the grail and my husband, as Indy, will be carrying the grail diary.

I had fun the last hour of work today as I was distressing my grail: crumpling pages, stepping on it, throwing it, bending it, holding pages crumpled with a rubber band. It looks good and used and old now. It looks so much more impressive than before! I plan to make some tea later and give it some random stains on the pages. If I have enough time! The event is nearly upon us!

bonoferox

Awesome :)

It's hard to believe that time is almost upon us...it's like the past year from when it was announced until now has all been a dream...After years of rumours and speculation and hopeful notions that all thre minds would come back together for another adventure....now I have the soundtrack in my hands, the toys on my shelf and my ticket in my wallet...it's really happening :)

We're seeing Indiana Jones tomorrow night....

Sorry...had to take a moment :eek:

nezobiwan

bonoferox said:
....now I have the soundtrack in my hands, the toys on my shelf and my ticket in my wallet...it's really happening :)

We're seeing Indiana Jones tomorrow night....

Sorry...had to take a moment :eek:
It's totally cool.... last night I was getting those childhood "Christmas Eve" feelings in my stomach and I couldn't sleep.... we'll see how I fare tonight. ;)

bonoferox

Oh sleeping will be rough, but not as rough as getting through work tomorrow.

I'm off work at 4 and watching all three with a friend before we hit the showing...My fiancee ordered the shirt online over the weekend, so it'll hopefully be here tomorrow, but with my luck, who knows :)

nezobiwan

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!

We had such a great time! There was a ton of Indys at the theater, but only one Elsa! ;)

*Swoon*

DCFC0153.jpg

DCFC0152.jpg

That's all I have time for at the moment! I'm so beat. :) :sleep:

bonoferox

That is very awesome :)

We had three people dressed as Indy in mine. They were all girls and one was entirely overweight.

So what did you think of the movie, nez?

daywalker

In my theater my wife Kate was the only Elsa, and I was the only Indy besides a 12 or 13 year old kid. It was great though. When we got into the showing I heard people shouting "Yeah Indy!" or "Hey look its Indiana!". After the movie while getting in the car a family asked me where my whip was (I have had problems with this theater before and left it in my shoulder bag) I pulled it out and did a few cracks for them they went wild!

nezobiwan

bonoferox said:
So what did you think of the movie, nez?
I liked it! I've already seen it twice and I liked it even better the second time. The wit and the adventure is just as strong as it ever was!

When our group walked into the auditorium, the seats were almost all full and everyone cheered when they saw our costumes!

Right before the movie started, a guy dressed as Indy went to the front of the auditorium and was doing the ol' switcheroo scene from Raiders, except instead of a bag of sand he used a bag of popcorn! It was pretty funny.

Another guy that I met on myspace said that he had permission from the theater manager to crack his whip in the theater, so we were treated to that as well. :whip:

I'm already quoting the movie all of the time. :D

My fave line is "smog in the noggin." :rolleyes:

Niteshade007

I know it's a little late, but the costume looks great, Nez! The theater I went to had only one Indy, and he sat directly behind me, so I couldn't really turn around and stare at him, lol, but I heard people talking about him. I wore a brown shirt, that's as costume-y as I got, and, unfortunately, my friends and I didn't take any pictures.

I was at the theater you guys went to a couple weeks before the Indy movie came out, and I didn't see a single poster for KotCS. They did have a giant Panda and The Hulk, but no big display for Indy. Did they remedy that before the movie?

And once again we're going to Disney, but only for the night. My mom has a conference in Orlando tomorrow, so it'll probably just be dinner at EPCOT or something.