CrazyComicCoverClub (uh... yeah)

M

Metis

Ladies and Dudes,

When I was traveling Ozzie and New Zealand I almost completed my Indiana Jones comic collection. WHOOHOOOO! Only lack a few now.... but that's not what I wanted to tell/aks....

I saw a docu about comics once.... In the documentary there was a guy talking about the pulpish-kinda-comic. The ones with the weirdass covers and stuff. He was talking about the "artists" back then and how they first drew the cover and after that they made a story and they drew the rest of the comic.

Anyway.... I was checking out my precious comic collection today. And "noticed" (Ofcourse I knew the covers like my pants already...so I didn't really notice....) that some of the Indy-comic covers are weird as hell as well. The Marvel comic covers in particular.
So, do you peoples know/think if/that it is the case with the Indy covers? The "cover-first-method" I mean? Just take a look at Marvel comic #34........it is SO weird. It really is a weird piece of art. I just love it for its sillyness! I LOVE IT! WHAHAHHAHAHA.....

Ohhh boy..... Crazy Comic Covers drivin'me crazy.
Gotta run.

Peace

Johan

I was just curious if there was a question you wanted people to respond to in this thread or if you were just posting information about your comic collection?

00Kevin

Indyfan
Metis said:
Ladies and Dudes,

When I was traveling Ozzie and New Zealand I almost completed my Indiana Jones comic collection. WHOOHOOOO! Only lack a few now.... but that's not what I wanted to tell/aks....

I saw a docu about comics once.... In the documentary there was a guy talking about the pulpish-kinda-comic. The ones with the weirdass covers and stuff. He was talking about the "artists" back then and how they first drew the cover and after that they made a story and they drew the rest of the comic.

Anyway.... I was checking out my precious comic collection today. And "noticed" (Ofcourse I knew the covers like my pants already...so I didn't really notice....) that some of the Indy-comic covers are weird as hell as well. The Marvel comic covers in particular.
So, do you peoples know/think if/that it is the case with the Indy covers? The "cover-first-method" I mean? Just take a look at Marvel comic #34........it is SO weird. It really is a weird piece of art. I just love it for its sillyness! I LOVE IT! WHAHAHHAHAHA.....

Ohhh boy..... Crazy Comic Covers drivin'me crazy.
Gotta run.

Peace

Are you Drunk?

He's wanting to know if anyone has any thoughts (or knows) on whether or not any of the Indy comics' stories could have come out of cover art, as opposed to writing a story and then making a cover based on the story.

I honestly have no idea, Metis.