Bye bye Tyler nelson ( I guess)

Misha

September 25, 2007 -- A BIG-mouthed extra working on the new "Indiana Jones" flick has blown his fledgling movie career to smithereens by spilling the film's major plot points.

Director Steven Spielberg and producer George Lucas made the entire cast and crew of "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" sign nondisclosure agreements. But Tyler Nelson - cast as a "dancing Russian soldier" - gave an interview to his hometown newspaper, the Edmond Sun in Oklahoma, in which he revealed that:

here

Nelson's own big scene comes when he celebrates Indy's capture by dancing to balalaika folk music. But it's doubtful the footage of the 24-year-old actor - a professionally trained ballet dancer who studied at the Bolshoi Academy in Moscow - will make it into the final cut. Spielberg, furious Nelson blabbed, has reportedly snipped his scene.

Spielberg's spokesman, Marvin Levy, wouldn't say whether any of Nelson's spoilers are accurate, but noted: "Who knows whether that particular person will ever work in this town again?"

Reached by Page Six yesterday, Nelson told us, "No comment. I'm not supposed to talk about it." But his rep at the Thomas Talent Agency said, "He's in trouble. He's got to know that he can't do that."

Meanwhile, there have been behind-the-scenes machinations to get the story squashed. Nelson got the Edmond Sun to yank the story from its Web site, with an employee there telling us: "We removed it out of respect to a hometown boy." And plot-spoilers posted on Harry Knowles' influential Ain't It Cool News site also vanished. Knowles didn't return our call.

The movie, fourth in the "Indiana Jones" series, is set to hit theaters in May.

:gun: "That particular person"....Ouch!

"Director Steven Spielberg and producer George Lucas"
Fudge the both of them... right up their back doors....

This movie is gonna suck... all Tyler Nelson did was let the world know that before it premiered.....

I say, "Good Job, to him!"

Pale Horse

Staff member
Wheeeewww.

All I needed to hear to reassure me that the Kingdom of the Skull is a complete farce.

A_True_Believer

Thankfully, all of the plot points revealed by Nelson were either already known by the fan community or assumed to be highly likely (Karen & Shia's roles, crystal skull, Cate's character). I think it would have been a lot worse if he spilled some details that were previously completely unknown. Still, he pissed off Spielberg, and as Mola Ram once said: You dare not do that.

It's funny. Whenever someone can't talk about something like a movie or a game because of an NDA, people tend to get upset. Yet, when someone breaks an NDA and spills the beans, those same people rip that person to shreads for violating the trust of the creators. Go figure. :p

EDIT: I just read the article at the NYP site. So they talk about how much trouble Nelson is in and about how the spoilers are being removed from various web sites, then they go and post the same exact spoilers in the article. What the heck????

Last edited:

chapter11

ClintonHammond said:
"Director Steven Spielberg and producer George Lucas"
Fudge the both of them... right up their back doors....

This movie is gonna suck... all Tyler Nelson did was let the world know that before it premiered.....

I say, "Good Job, to him!"

Another insightful post from ClintonHammond. You stay classy, San Diego!

Kingsley

Pale Horse said:
All I needed to hear to reassure me that the Kingdom of the Skull is a complete farce.
Did you explain your opinion somewhere else in the past? I would like to read it. Thanks (y)

Sankara

Great! I guess his career is over!!! :D

@Clinton
Is everything okay to you? Should I call a Doctor or something?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Lucas will probably CGI him out of the scenes and insert a new actor in place. :p

Ya.... cause that wouldn't be a waste of money... not to mention a pretty pathetic and childish thing to do....

So ya... you're probably right

spiralout

ClintonHammond said:
"It would be a shame if scenes were cut"
Why? I'll wager he's already been paid.....

Not a shame for him, a shame for the movie to be losing a scene which may have been good.

Niteshade007

spiralout said:
...a shame for the movie to be losing a scene which may have been good.

The whole scene probably won't end up on the cutting room floor, would be my guess. I think what will most likely happen is that shots with him in them will not be used, or possibly even CGI him out, as someone else mentioned.

I fail to see the big deal here. I mean, he told a scene from a movie. In the grand scheme of things, it's a pretty insignificant issue. As Hitchcock would say "It's only a movie."