About myself...

IkoJones

Hi people,
I just wanted to say "Hi", which I apparently did;) , An d tell something more about myself. I am a person of MANY passions but the one I am loyal to, is Indiana Jones. I am probably only Slovak to wear Jones style hat (can't say fedora, because it isn't actually fedora, it's a hat that was as similar to fedora as possible in Slovakia to find. -I just tried all the three shops in Bratislava, but they have the same supplier from Czech...-). I like the idea to travel all over the world, not just to capitals, but to small, hidden villages, preferably, make friends in all parts of the world and everywhere to have my hat with me as a sign of myself... (just like Indy had)

I wanna know that I am not alone in Slovakia who likes Indy and Indy lifestyle as much as I do, even if it makes me feel unique... :whip:
I think that's all for now.

Regards

Ičo

PS: Nie je tu niekto zo Slovenska? Neverím, že by som bol jediný fanúšik...

Last edited:

IndyBuff

Welcome to The Raven IkoJones!:whip:

It sounds like you share a lot of the same interests that many of us do here (Indy, traveling, etc) and I'm sure you have some great stories to tell as well.

IkoJones

Well, I would like very much, but... due to lack of financial resources I haven't been to many places abroad. Nevertheless, now that I'm older, I see more ways to travel, even cheap ones. I'll doo my best to have some good stories ;)

qwerty

One thing. If that hat you are wearing is a felt hat it is a fedora. Fedora is by definition soft felt hat.

PS: Ja nisam iz Slovačke ali nisam ni daleko. Ja ?ivim u Srbiji. Jel ti razume? ovo ?to ja pi?em? Ja sam manje vi?e razumeo ono ?to si ti napisao.

Ray Delark

Welcome IkoJones! :whip:

"Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky." Major Jock Sinclair, Tunes of Glory (1960)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to the Raven, IkoJones!!!:whip: Hope you enjoy your adventures here! You'll find there are plenty of members who come from different walks of life and from different cultures too!

IkoJones

I don't know what to say... I really didn't expect such a warmly welcome. :eek: Thank you very much.

qwerty: Good news about the fedora ;) Rozumiem ti pomerne dobre, veď naše jazyky ni sú až také rozdielne. Možno to bude len chcieť tréning a v zbierke budem mať ďalší jazyk, ktorému rozumiem. Indy ich ovládal 27?

PS:I hope there isn't a "english only" rule. If so, then I am sorry.

Finn

Staff member
IkoJones said:
PS:I hope there isn't a "english only" rule. If so, then I am sorry.
Well, there is one other language allowed, and that's Bad English.

But don't worry, we let it slip from time to time as long as it doesn't become a habit. In PMs of course you can even commune in Swahili if you find it applicable.

IkoJones

I better learn Swahili :D

OK, I will speak (write) English (but I still need to improve). Let's find some good topic!

Cammy

Welcome! There seems to be so many people all over the world who like Indy. I'm Australian myself, and I love Indiana Jones, the idea of travelling is definitely way cool!

Indyologist

Finn said:
Well, there is one other language allowed, and that's Bad English.

LOL! Ain't that the truth! Whoa-- I said ain't, didn't I? Con-sarn-it!

But seriously, Iko, as long as we get the basic idea of what you're saying, it's not a problem. You write (speak) just like a guy from Russia I knew! If you don't understand what we mean, just let us know and we'll clear it up for you as best as we can. Many of us Americans here speak American English, meaning that we use more slang than anything else, it seems! This used to confuse the daylights (aah, there's one!) out of a couple of my foreign friends and we had to kind of guide her along. Poor thing. We'll do all we can to make your stay here a pleasant one.

Welcome to the Raven, where you'll find molars in the peanut bowl. And if you dig deep enough, heck, you might even find a gold one! Imagine that! There's gold in that there peanut bowl!

IkoJones

Indyologist said:
If you don't understand what we mean, just let us know and we'll clear it up for you as best as we can.
Don't worry about this, at least for me. I think I can figure out the meaning of the slang words. At least, it forces me to "use my grey matter". Besides, I have very good english dictionary. ;)

Indyologist said:
You write (speak) just like a guy from Russia I knew!
Did you mean my bad English or those Slovak word I've written? Hopefully not the English. :confused:

PS: I REALLY have NO IDEA what molars and peanut bowl have in common...:whip: But you don't have to tell me because I'm affraid it would loose the magic... Maybe just to my PM ;) :D

IkoJones

Thank you for invitation (I'm sorry I am registered here for more than a year now, but didn't produce any activity)

Well, I don't drink at all. Hope Marion is not going to kick me for that :p
Otherwise, I'm quite normal ;).

Last edited:

annu

temple of john said:
Oh, we all are...:p

Normal? Who is normal? I don't consider myself as a normal person 'cos I've lived with Finn for a month now, and sometimes he is quite odd.. if you know what I mean.. :)

Magda

annu said:
...'cos I've lived with Finn for a month now, and sometimes he is quite odd.. if you know what I mean.. :)

You have my sincere sympathy.

PS: Nie je tu niekto zo Slovenska? Neverím, že by som bol jediný fanúšik...

Yes, you're probably the only Slovak here.

PS: Ja nisam iz Slovačke ali nisam ni daleko. Ja živim u Srbiji. Jel ti razumeš ovo što ja pišem? Ja sam manje više razumeo ono što si ti napisao.

Funny, I somewhat understand this post too.

Finn

Staff member
Borsch strbak kalinka hôssa strastew alïjughz manse strirt. Bork, bork, bork!

<small>Hey, I just want to participate to the discussion...</small>