Indy catches egg in ToD deleted scene?

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
Filming a pilot with a gun is much different than filming an egg exiting from a chicken's arse and falling into a sleeping mans hand...

it's called an establishing shot in the industry to foreshadow the intent of the pilot to off Indy...no egg needed.
Erm, no, that's not what an establishing shot is. In the industry, an establishing shot means a shot used to show a change of place/setting or the passage of time. (Ex. the college exterior in "Raiders".)

Anyway, it was filmed because I & others have seen it (though I don't recall a shot of the chicken's arse).:)
JayDee said:
The tv station got my money (I had to pay 53,- ?) and told me that from now on it will take 2 weeks before I receive the DVD. Can´t wait anymore...
Thanks for the update, JayDee. If the scene is on there, certain doubters probably still won't believe that in was in some theatres.:(
Sharkey said:
A scene that was never filmed is needed.
Instead of peeing all over the thread, can you hold your bladder for another 2 weeks?:p

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Instead of peeing all over the thread, can you hold your bladder for another 2 weeks?:p

That would no doubt produce an altogether different kind of Sharkey explosion! :sick:

Stoo said:
Anyway, it was filmed because I & others have seen it (though I don't recall a shot of the chicken's arse).

Still no 'money shot' then? :p

Stoo said:
Thanks for the update, JayDee. If the scene is on there, certain doubters probably still won't believe that in was in some theatres.

It's going to be hard to prove it made the theatres, but seing it will be a very interesting step in the right direction.

JayDee

Stoo said:
Thanks for the update, JayDee. If the scene is on there, certain doubters probably still won't believe that in was in some theatres.:(

That´s a point where I have to disappoint you, because I am only on the side to proof that this scene exists, not that is was shown in some theaters :D But believe me, you have all my blessing right now :)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
Erm, no, that's not what an establishing shot is. In the industry, an establishing shot means a shot used to show a change of place/setting or the passage of time. (Ex. the college exterior in "Raiders".)

Anyway, it was filmed.

I like crow, it tastes like chicken. If (the egg fall and catch) is on the tape...I'll concede. But I won't have to. I'll forward the recipes if need be.

Don't even need the 'money shot'. But filming/photographing discourse t'ween the pilots isn't proof to me.

Sharkey

JayDee said:
There is no room for your trolling in my delusion, so I am fine with it.
Prove your illusion. Until you do its ancient aliens all over again.

I can wait and look forward to your proof. But the gun scene doesn't mean the egg scene was filmed.

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
That would no doubt produce an altogether different kind of Sharkey explosion! :sick:
Don't you mean egg-splosion?:p
Montana Smith said:
Still no 'money shot' then? :p
Not yet...
Montana Smith said:
It's going to be hard to prove it made the theatres, but seing it will be a very interesting step in the right direction.
It is next to impossible to prove it was shown some theatres.:( Hopefully, this gang can accept the truth once they see the scene (IF it's on JayDee's DVD) but I doubt the doubters will believe.

I don't want to be stuck in an eternal state of Matt deMille syndrome forever.:eek:

Mickiana

Matt's tall tales were of a different order altogether - impossible to prove/disprove - but the falling egg can be dug up eventually (if it existed) with enough probing (there's those aliens again!), I mean, research.

charlie_k

Hi everybody, I am from Czech republic and I also remember seeing Indy catching the egg in ToD!!! But I don´t know If I saw it on VHS recorded from Tv broadcast or on rented VHS...

teampunk

Aaron H said:
For reasons unknown this small scene was cut from all US & European home releases. Supposedly the Asian releases have this scene, but I haven't been able to prove or disprove that fact.

This also is similar to the scene at the end of Raiders where the US logo is burned off the crate.
i knew i remembered that. i even wrote about it in another thread.

Last edited:

Stoo

charlie_k said:
Hi everybody, I am from Czech republic and I also remember seeing Indy catching the egg in ToD!!! But I don´t know If I saw it on VHS recorded from Tv broadcast or on rented VHS...
Great! Thank you very much for chiming in, Charlie. I have 2 questions for you:

1) Did you ever see "Doom" in the theatres in 1984?
2) Have you ever read the "Doom" novel?

(P.S. I've been to Prague twice and LOVE it.;))

Stoo

Sharkey said:
I love the idea but I think its too much like Sallah being executed.
One similarity between the egg gag and Sallah almost being executed is that both scenes were filmed!:p

P.S. Hey, Sharkey, you completely changed your post. Re: The Cult of the Egg..."You will become a true believer."

Last edited: