Cartoon Rage

monkey

Hello,
Here is a thread where you can talk about how cartoons enrage you, and what you are going to do about it.

OK, I'll go first: ....OK, well, I become blindly enraged when the coyote can't catch the roadrunner. Don't you??? Don't we all? Don't WE ALL!!!

I also become very nearly demonically posessed when Daffy Duck is consistently outsmarted by Buggs Bunny. I feel this .....uncontrollable urge to run out into the street, jump up and down, and burn flags. I also HATE it ...........HATE, HATE, HATE it!!!!!!!!!!! ..........when Popeye eats that damn spinach and beats the crap out of Bluto!!!!!!!

GOD DAMN YOU POPEYE!!!!! GOD DAMN YOU AND YOUR TATTOOS!!!

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

(Heavy breathing and fist clenching............while I calm down.........after all...cartoons are nothing to joke about.)

But I have a better way to deal with my cartoon rage today........Yes....I think I have an idea....I think I will drive an SUV through a group of college students.........YES! That's it!!!

I'll practice my religion with an SUV!!!!

God Bless Denmark!!!

monkey

Lest anyone get the wrong idea, the previous post was a SATIRE, designed to stimulate conversation.............much like a newspaper cartoon.

Deadlock

YES!

I too feel your rage! To protest that showcase of American decadence... that indolent lasagna-munching feline...

MY BRETHREN AND I WILL WAGE HOLY WAR ON PET STORES AND ANIMAL SHELTERS AROUND THE WORLD!!!!

Just to be irritatingly clear: that was also satire. :)

Do you ever get the feeling that in terms of resilience, patience, flexibility, and understanding... we live in a world of petulant 3-year olds? :rolleyes:

moondrifter

OK seriously...i love cartoons! They do happen to scare me more that real people though...

Not many really annoy me but some are pretty stupid. Can't we talk about good cartoons instead? I think we can rave on about them for a little longer....but just a suggestion!:)

KDuncan

I sure do hate the Droopy cartoons. :mad: That stupid dog with a permanent cold has always irritated me. I do, however, have a quick solution: change the channel.

Paden

By virtue of my daughter, I've found myself watching a number of episodes of Blue's Clues recently. And frankly, the more I watch, the more enraged I become. The show is devoted to stories of a blue dog who appears pathologically incapable of providing a straight answer to any question posed by her owner. Instead, the cruel little creature forces her owner to go on convoluted quests for hints that will tell him how to fulfill her latest whim. Thus, in essence, each show is a demonstration of how effective the demonic puppy is at manipulating those around her. I can't help but feel an indignant, righteous anger on behalf of the poor saps the dog orders around.

And besides, what is this stuff teaching our children? ;)

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Two words: Jimmy Neutron. I mean give me a break! This kid is supposedly so smart, but how does he breathe in space?! The entire scientific community should be in an uproar over this! Teaching bad science to our kids. I mean one day one of our own children could build a rocket of their own and blast off into space thinking that they, like Jimmy, will be able to breathe on their own. Grrrrr.

Don't get me started about Donald Duck and his indecent exposure!

monkey

This kind of started out as a sort of political discussion......you know...the cartoons of a certain religious figure portrayed in certain European newspapers, that inflamed certain populations to rage in the streets.

But ........you know what........it turned into something a lot more fun instead..

So forget the politics....

Indeed, speaking of Donald Duck's exposing of himself....how about Porky Pig? I mean this guy has never worn any pants in any of his films. Just 'cause he has no genitalia is no excuse for that kind of behavior......I mean there's little kids watching.

by the way....is Porky Pig retired?

roundshort

I recently spent the weekend at my Borthers house, who has two little girls, that were watching the old Pink Panther Cartoons, they are classic, What I can't do is

DAVEY AND GOLITH

"What would Jesus do Daaaavvveyy"

Jesuse F'in Christ, what a crappy load that show was, a little kid gets up early to watch some Superfriends or something and they get a F'in lesson in god 101 with a retarted claymation dog, what a dung heap. Probably the reason I think christians are F'ed up! I wonder if Musliums have cartoons (joke)

San Holo

roundshort said:
I recently spent the weekend at my Borthers house, who has two little girls, that were watching the old Pink Panther Cartoons, they are classic, What I can't do is

DAVEY AND GOLITH

"What would Jesus do Daaaavvveyy"

Jesuse F'in Christ, what a crappy load that show was, a little kid gets up early to watch some Superfriends or something and they get a F'in lesson in god 101 with a retarted claymation dog, what a dung heap. Probably the reason I think christians are F'ed up! I wonder if Musliums have cartoons (joke)
Hopefully you have'nt seen Veggie Tales;)

San Holo

monkey said:
Hello,
Here is a thread where you can talk about how cartoons enrage you, and what you are going to do about it.

OK, I'll go first: ....OK, well, I become blindly enraged when the coyote can't catch the roadrunner. Don't you??? Don't we all? Don't WE ALL!!!

I also become very nearly demonically posessed when Daffy Duck is consistently outsmarted by Buggs Bunny. I feel this .....uncontrollable urge to run out into the street, jump up and down, and burn flags. I also HATE it ...........HATE, HATE, HATE it!!!!!!!!!!! ..........when Popeye eats that damn spinach and beats the crap out of Bluto!!!!!!!

GOD DAMN YOU POPEYE!!!!! GOD DAMN YOU AND YOUR TATTOOS!!!

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

(Heavy breathing and fist clenching............while I calm down.........after all...cartoons are nothing to joke about.)

But I have a better way to deal with my cartoon rage today........Yes....I think I have an idea....I think I will drive an SUV through a group of college students.........YES! That's it!!!

I'll practice my religion with an SUV!!!!

God Bless Denmark!!!
You know what really makes me want to wage jihad? That bastard Captain America!

monkey

Indeed! When Captain America throws his "Mighty Shield" it is quite obviously a metaphor for the oppression inflicted upon the peaceful peoples of the world by the Great Satan.

phatr32

so what do you guys think of captian planet? does he make you wanna recycle?

THE POWER IS YOURS! (to recycle)

steve

roundshort

phatr32 said:
so what do you guys think of captian planet? does he make you wanna recycle?

THE POWER IS YOURS! (to recycle)

steve

Of course the greatest cartoon to have crazy underlying Homosexual thems

"I have the Power!"
He-man, and The Masters of the Universe, I can't believe as a 8 or 9 year old I had these toys. I am not proud, I am thankful I turned out ok (well straight anyhow!

monkey

Roundshort, you may be scarred in ways that you even still don't know yet.

By the way, (ahem) do you keep those toys in the closet these days?

Just joking.....

But speaking of subliminal messages in cartoons........(notwithstanding whether or not He-man was same sex oriented) .........can anyone think of any other possible examples?

roundshort

No luckly I out grew them quickly! I think the amount of same-sex cartoon is disturbing, think spongebob . . . although I have never really sat through an entire cartoon, some folks I know who have kids say they can be quite, well gay.