General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Mungi

Texas said:
If you want an firm answer as to whether or not Indy 5 is a go, then I suggest we bombard producer Frank Marshall's twitter account with Indy 5 questions. This is the only way I can think of in which we can get a concrete answer: http://twitter.com/LeDoctor

I just asked him. You can retweet to rise the chance he'll at least read it.

http://twitter.com/#!/Mungi90/status/16190048063987712

kongisking

The only way I'll accept Indiana Jones ever dying is if he does it for some heroic, noble reason. Imagine if in the next film, he gives his life to rescue Marion, Mutt and Oxley (I'm just hoping Ox will return). I think that would be a very poignant and powerful end, as well as being consistent to his established compassionate character. It would be his way of making up for not being there for his family all those years ago, by sacrificing himself to give them a chance to live. sorry if this sounds super-cheesy, but I happen to be a very sentimental person, so I would love to see Indy go out with a heartbreaking act of selflessness, not an epic action set-piece.

Dr. Gonzo

kongisking said:
The only way I'll accept Indiana Jones ever dying is if he does it for some heroic, noble reason. Imagine if in the next film, he gives his life to rescue Marion, Mutt and Oxley (I'm just hoping Ox will return).

sorry if this sounds super-cheesy, but I happen to be a very sentimental person, so I would love to see Indy go out with a heartbreaking act of selflessness, not an epic action set-piece.

I think that an even better way, if Jones had to die, would be actually saving the world... not just Marion and a few other folks but Jones sacrificing for the world. May be a touch too Jesus like but, I don't know, I don't think I would like to see him die at all on film.

Anyway, I don't think there is really anything to these rumors.

indyjones2131

kongisking said:
The only way I'll accept Indiana Jones ever dying is if he does it for some heroic, noble reason. Imagine if in the next film, he gives his life to rescue Marion, Mutt and Oxley (I'm just hoping Ox will return). I think that would be a very poignant and powerful end, as well as being consistent to his established compassionate character. It would be his way of making up for not being there for his family all those years ago, by sacrificing himself to give them a chance to live. sorry if this sounds super-cheesy, but I happen to be a very sentimental person, so I would love to see Indy go out with a heartbreaking act of selflessness, not an epic action set-piece.

You're HOPING Ox returns? :eek:

Different strokes different folks I guess.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
kongisking said:
Ox was a delightful character...to me, at least.

Don't worry; I'm a Mac defender, so I know what it feels like. (Of course, that's one of those <I>in spite</I> of the plotting things for me, so...)

I'm a little disappointed to hear that the rumor was fake, since if it were true, and did come to pass, it would at least indicate a film that was being taken seriously, with or without the hat being passed on. Seems interesting that Ford's people jumped on that story so quickly.

Indy's brother

Attila the Professor said:
Seems interesting that Ford's people jumped on that story so quickly.

Yeah, the motivations behind that move can be taken either way......especially since it was such a generic denial. The more convincing denial would be to completely debunk it by saying something, like "We like Indy too much to kill him off." Otherwise, like the bermuda triangle rumor, it's just a denial, and not truly debunked, imho. I mean really, how hard would it be to at least have a sincere quote from the man, instead of one faceless entity decrying the words of another faceless entity.

Lakota_Wilson

If any one's a John Wayne fan, you'll remember the doctor in the Shootist tell John Wayne that "if I had the courage you have, I wouldn't die the death I just described." So if Indy Died in the next movie, I would be happy. As long as he dies in "battle" like John Wayne does in the Shootist, and not of cancer for him to wither away. Indy wouldn't die like that. I kind of wish that would happen to Rambo as well. With characters as hardy and strong as Rambo and Indy, they just have to die on film because if they don't, they are just left hanging.

Mike Dowswell

I definitely think / feel that there would be no harm in a cartoon being made (just as a separate thing on it's own)?.Harrison could do the voice and the credits could look like this below.

Directed by
Pete Docter
Bob Peterson (co-director)

Writing credits
Pete Docter (story) and
Bob Peterson (story) &
Thomas McCarthy (story)

Bob Peterson (screenplay) and
Pete Docter (screenplay)

Mungi

So another year has passed and we have no concrete information if their work is really making progress or not.:( It's two and a half years ago since "Indy 4" and they're telling us over and over again how much they'd like to do another one. You said "Only if you want more!", so come on guys, BRING IT ON! BRING US "INDY 5"!:whip:

Well 2011 is hear and we have no offical word that Indiana Jones 5 is a go. If there is any chance that filming will be this year and release in 2012 there would have to be some big news very soon.

Mungi

chicago103 said:
Well 2011 is hear and we have no offical word that Indiana Jones 5 is a go. If there is any chance that filming will be this year and release in 2012 there would have to be some big news very soon.

Dream on.;)

I would rather say they had to write a good script till the end of this year for a release in 2013.

foreignerfred

Mitchellhallock said:
Preproduction in January 2011. Production in June ( right around the 30th anniversary date of the Raiders 1981 release) thru August. Release in May 2012.

The whole "fate" of Indy 5 was and is if the script can be finalized to meet those dates. [edit] Regardless it will be the last, live action big screen Indy movie.

[edit]

Just sit tight. I know the anticipation is driving you all crazy. But good things and hopefully good scripts come to those who wait. Just ask the Grail Knight how long he waited:)

Mitchell, I remembered you talking about around June of `10, and I was wondering now that we're into January 2011, if you have heard anything else regarding this...your thoughts? An update?

Mungi

foreignerfred said:
Mitchell, I remembered you talking about around June of `10, and I was wondering now that we're into January 2011, if you have heard anything else regarding this...your thoughts? An update?

He also said this:

06-06-2010, 08:59 PM #3313
The fate of Indy 5 filming will remain a mystery until Jan 2011. That's all I can say. After that we will know if it happens at all

Mungi

foreignerfred said:
Mr. Hallock?

That's what he just wrote me:

I am still holding out that something will happen. Though the folks I spoke with at Lucasfilmsay nothing is going on with it. And Karen Allen said she would know what her schedule is after this January. So we will see

Fact is they "cracked the story" in summer of 2009, one year after "Indy 4" came out. Now it's one and a half year since that, so they must have made any progress till now...