No time for love, plenty of time for posting...

Burke

I've visited The Raider.net for years, but never registered for some reason. I finally got off my duff and did it. What can I say that I'd venture many of the posters here haven't already mentioned?

I was a huge Star Wars fan as a small child, but when I saw Raiders, it was goodbye Han Solo, hello Indiana Jones.

I bought every magazine, sticker book, poster, and whatever else I could get my hands on via cash or birthday gift request. I actually wore out our laserdisc of Raiders from watching it so many times.

I was almost 10 years old when Temple of Doom was released, and after that I whined my way into my parents having a bullwhip made for me by a local leatherworking shop in my hometown. My dad helped me make a shoulder bag, I got a cheap fedora and I spent a few childhood summers destroying the branches on the tree in our backyard with the whip. Never could get a good solid swing like Indy could, though. :)

I remember crying at the end of Last Crusade as they ride off into the sunset, certain that it would be the last time I saw Doctah Jones in action. I mostly ignored all the rumors of a fourth movie, never thinking it would happen. To be honest, right up until I viewed the teaser trailer for Kingdom, I still didn't believe it.

Anyway, I'll not go on, I'm just glad to be part of the community and look forward to chatting with all of you.