Most worthy adventurer excluding Indy...

If it wasn't for Indy who'd be your favourite adventure character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NamedAfterDaDog

Jack Colton; he's the best by far in my opinion. Close were Fogg, O'Connell, and Croft. I think also, in the theme of Jules Verne, that everybody is forgetting Professor Arronax from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?! (although Ned Land is more "adventurous" in the movie.)

Stoo

I love "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" but wouldn't really call Arronax an "adventurer".
Check out this character, created by the guy who wrote "The Man of Bronze: Doc Savage" books!

What a name...The Peerless Peer!

peerless02a.gif

Canyon

Ooh, that's a difficult question.

I would probably have to go for Lara Croft, Dirk Pitt, Rick O'Connell and Ben Gates.

But guys. Aren;'t you forgetting someone?

Another character, one that I loved through part of my childhood....

Rupert the Bear. :D

rupert_9.jpg

Well, he did have some incredible adventures. :p

The Adventurer

"If it wasn't for Indy who'd be your favourite adventure character?"

I like all adventure movies, sure Indy is on top;) , but in this moment and on that question my thoughts goes to Lara. (some time ago I played Tomb Rider, the first one of the game series..and was so cool).

jonesissparrow

RichardJones said:
Has anybody said Jack Sparrow ? Wouldn't he consider for this category ?

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead::dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

100_0422.jpg
100_0423.jpg

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead::dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Thank you I was going to mention him besides Tintin, Phileas Fogg, and Uncle Scrooge he's another great adventurer!:gun:
Johnny-Depp---Captain-Jack-Sparrow-Poster-C10123799.jpeg

kongisking

jonesissparrow said:
Thank you I was going to mention him besides Tintin, Phileas Fogg, and Uncle Scrooge he's another great adventurer!:gun:
Johnny-Depp---Captain-Jack-Sparrow-Poster-C10123799.jpeg

Jack, me good mate and best friend. I love 'em forever!!!!!!!!!!!

deadmanschest2.jpg

|ZiR|

Jack Burton rules. Favorite quote from the film: "Okay, you people! Sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president."

Kurt Russell was so cool in the 80s. :)

Rayder

rhino said:
I would have to add Jack Burton from Big Trouble in Little China. Now that was an adventure.
I just saw that movie for the first time the other day, it was so cheesy with the nasty old guy and Jack having the video game duel towards the end of the movie, but it was the good kind of cheesy, the kind that makes you laugh.

Crack that whip

Loved it! I saw it three times at the theater, and each time the audience laughed and cheered like crazy. I was really surprised to learn later that it hadn't actually done well financially; I'd never have known from the appreciative audiences that packed the house each time I went...

When I went to Dragon*Con in 1998 I took my Big Trouble in Little China laserdisc, hoping to get John Carpenter to autograph it, but I wound up not even seeing him (though I still had a blast).