Clear and Present Danger

the Fiddler

Hey I'm looking for a screenshot from the movie "Clear & Present Danger" staring our favorite. Its at the very end when HF's character Jack Ryan is taking an oath to tell the truth to congressional hearing. It's when he "raises his arm to the square" to take the oath.

I found this one:
capd_220.jpg

but I really want one of a few moments later when it's zoomed out, and you can see his whole arm. I need approx the same or higher resolution. thanks in advance if anyone can grab one for me (I don't own the film).

Last edited by a moderator:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Don't expect to hear this commentary by Tom Clancy on a DVD anytime soon...
I’ve never seen the movie all the way through. Paramount neglected to invite me to the premier, which was held an hour‘s drive from my home, claiming that they thought I was out of the country at the time.
Observations: One does not raise one’s voice to the president in the Oval Office, lest a special agent of the US Secret Service put a gun muzzle in one’s mouth, and then suggest proper decorum.
Second, whatever actor they got to play the (unnamed) president was drawn in such a way as to suggest Ronald Reagan, who was, after all, a pretty good president, though Hollywood didn’t approve, as he destroyed the USSR (bloodlessly!), which the film community loved passionately. Never pass up a chance to clobber a conservative.
(November 3, 2004 must have been ever so hard on them. My heart bleeds.)
Third, Mr. Ford, fine gentleman that he certainly is, is not the current incarnation of Lord Laurence Olivier.
In short, this scene, which I have seen on cable, by accident, is as crummy as the rest of the abortion/movie. Which was, I believe, a commercial disappointment for Paramount.

Michael24

Has Clancy enjoyed any of the films based on his books didn't know he disliked C&PD, but I know he disliked Sum of All Fears, and even states on that film's commentary, "Hi, I'm Tom Clancy, author of the book that was ignored by the filmmakers."