Teaser Poster on official site

Trevor G

TR.N Staff Member
God Bless Drew Struzan!

seeing this today nearly made me cry with joy!!!!! that is a BEAUTIFUL teaser......exquisite in every facet.

GOD I can't wait for this film. this poster is already my new wallpaper :D
Trev

blueseattle

Finn said:
Certainly very old school. Fits easily alongside the posters of the previous three. Kinda gives us hope they're not trying to play around with the current mood of Hollywood but are using the same textures they did two decades ago.

They are. Marshall has been quoted as saying this.

I love this! I can't wait! I have never been this psyched for a film coming out since... well... never! This is unreal!

blueseattle said:
They are. Marshall has been quoted as saying this.

I love this! I can't wait! I have never been this psyched for a film coming out since... well... never! This is unreal!

Marshall could be quoted as saying the world is flat... doesn't make it so. In other words... I'll believe it when I see it. Though, this poster is a partial reassurance... certainly makes me feel more confident than anything else we've yet seen.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
ResidentAlien said:
No, in the movie itself, the letters are quite different. Go back and rewatch the movie, not just the poster. The posters for Temple had different lettering.
The opening logo doesn't count, all the posters and merchandising had the same logo.

VP said:
The opening logo doesn't count, all the posters and merchandising had the same logo.

No they didn't.

logos.jpg

Look at the first two.

They are different.

blueseattle

ResidentAlien said:
Marshall could be quoted as saying the world is flat... doesn't make it so. In other words... I'll believe it when I see it. Though, this poster is a partial reassurance... certainly makes me feel more confident than anything else we've yet seen.

Of course. Though from analyzing the small amount of videos they've give us, it seems like the movie will stay true to it's look and form. Unlike the bastard prequels of Star Wars.

I'm so psyched and I really love what you did by adding the black borders around this. It looks awesome on my background.

With the new 7' figure on the way, I'm all Indy-ed up.

blueseattle

What do you guys reckon the title will look like on-screen? I'm hoping for more of a traditional white lettering a la Last Crusade, but do you think it'll be like Temple of Doom?

blueseattle said:
What do you guys reckon the title will look like on-screen? I'm hoping for more of a traditional white lettering a la Last Crusade, but do you think it'll be like Temple of Doom?

I wouldn't mind the Temple route. I always thought it was clever how they had Willie dancing in front of it...

oki9Sedo

Or it might be completely different altogether. Thats the one thing they have I suppose: there's no set formula for what the title looks like on screen.

triklops

blueseattle said:
I'm so psyched and I really love what you did by adding the black borders around this. It looks awesome on my background.

QUOTE]

DOn't want to praise myself too much but I really like it way better with the black frame around it (y) ;) :gun:

metalinvader

Love it!Just got out of bed and first thing I see is this!

It's also reminds me of my favorite poster (TOD) of all time!(y)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
ResidentAlien said:
No they didn't.

logos.jpg

Look at the first two.

They are different.

Merchandising released in the mid 80s then. :rolleyes:

Arguing on the internet is like running at the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

VP said:
Umm no, the logo has been consistent since ToD. There have been a few variations in the colors and whether there is a dent in the I of Indiana or not, but otherwise the shape of the letters has always been the same. This poster breaks that tradition.

That's what I tried to say!:D

And I do like the poster (especially the way Indy himself is drawn), but the Indy logo bothers me.
The new logo is kind of crappy. It made me think of this fanmade game picture

cover.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really glad that the poster is out. It's a firm sign that a movie is coming. I mean, it was inevitable, but I like solid information!

Oh, and I think the difference in the logo has to do with post-middle age spread. That's why the letters are so close together.

I love that everyone calls the new logo "crappy." Lol. It's such minute differences that it's hardly worth discussing and all versions have had minute differences anyway.

Really, if anything I think the logo for Emperor's Tomb looks awful. Too plastic. This one looks fine.

Dr.Sartorius

I love every aspect of the poster except for the title logo. I would've prefered the traditional Indy logo over this new blocky one. I'm not sure why they changed it for this poster. The official KOTCS logo on the shirt and official site is traditional. I hope they use that one on the final one sheet. :whip:

Dr.Sartorius said:
I love every aspect of the poster except for the title logo. I would've prefered the traditional Indy logo over this new blocky one. I'm not sure why they changed it for this poster. The official KOTCS logo on the shirt and official site is traditional. I hope they use that one on the final one sheet. :whip:

And that's what I've been trying to say as well:) And that's also why I altered the official one and made this:

indy4.jpg

where would I be without Photoshop?

scifiwolf

That's a HUGE improvement, Citizen_Kane. To those of you saying it's not that big a deal, I'm sorry, but I noticed the logo first thing, before I came over here to discuss it. It looks like a cheap version done in five minutes on Adobe Illustrator. If it's so noticable to EVERYONE, it should be changed.