Here it is ! Closeup of Sideshow's Indy sculpt !!

barranca

I think the hasbro figure has some good qualities, I think you could use the head and hat to make a good custom (boots too).

The_Raiders

Hasbros isn't bad, the shirt needs to be tucked in, I don't like the hands, I will replce those hands if I get Hasbros, And it apears it doesn't comewith a jacket,a jacket is what I'm missing for my custom 12inch indy :(

Billy Ray

Well, we know that there will be at least four 12" Hasbro figures, one of those surely will be an Indy with jacket. Just a thought, maybe they will do one Indy from each movie...that might be cool.

Thanks for the link to these pics, I had only seen one shot of the figure before. Really, for Hasbro, this looks pretty darned good! Most of their SW 12" were not that great. I'm still gonna get Sideshow's Indy, but will probably pick up Hasbro's as well.

Katarn07

Alright, I know I contributed to it, but let's move talk of all things Hasbro elsewhere. I'm getting anxious like deckard and constantly seeing this up top is aggravating! lol

Billy Ray

I agree and I apologize for perpeuating the Hasbro talk. I am dying for even a teaser of info on Sideshow's Indy...every weekly Newsletter from them is major anticipation...followed by major depression becasue there is, once again, no news on Indy...just like every time I see this thread updated:(

Billy Ray

Finally, a reason to update this thread!
afd163cover.jpg

Tell me that doesn't blow Toys Mc Coy Indy out of the water!:D

Katarn07

Billy Ray said:
Finally, a reason to update this thread!
afd163cover.jpg

Tell me that doesn't blow Toys Mc Coy Indy out of the water!:D

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I was gonna mutter some curses if someone had bumped this just to say how much they want it or can't afford it or asking when there'll be an update.

That Joker sucks though. Doesn't look like Heath-Joker at all....

MaxPhactor23

Call me crazy...but something looks off to me. I'm not liking the painted head. Is it me or has it suddenly become very chubby? Joker looks great though. :p

barranca

I'll buy it, theres no doubt about that......its an addiction! But I'm still not convinced, hopefully its just the paint -again!, Sideshows big downfall. He does look a little chubby in the face, but then check out some stills and its bang on.
This just confirms that Harry is the hardest person to sculpt, no one has pulled it off yet. This included.
Just get him (Harrison) in Gentle Giants scanner and have done. Its the only way. Overall though it is just about the best yet. Its better that the Toys Mccoy by far (I have a feeling they'll be worth squat now!) this may just be the biggest selling figure that Sideshow have ever done. I'll be ordering 2 !!

Trevor G

TR.N Staff Member
WOW! I'm loving it, guys. Certainly there is always room to scrutinize and criticize, we all want it to be great...but I can't help but love this prototype!

Trev <--a very happy sculptor!
afd_163.jpg

Deckard

Trev, Sideshow owes you big time, thats the best likeness of Harry out there. Again great job, I hope your working on more Indy sculpts, maybe a Henry Sr. If not, I may kidnap you so you can make heasdsculpts for me all day. :p

tnswman

barranca said:
I'll buy it, theres no doubt about that......its an addiction! But I'm still not convinced, hopefully its just the paint -again!, Sideshows big downfall. He does look a little chubby in the face, but then check out some stills and its bang on.
This just confirms that Harry is the hardest person to sculpt, no one has pulled it off yet. This included.
Just get him (Harrison) in Gentle Giants scanner and have done. Its the only way. Overall though it is just about the best yet. Its better that the Toys Mccoy by far (I have a feeling they'll be worth squat now!) this may just be the biggest selling figure that Sideshow have ever done. I'll be ordering 2 !!

Toy's McCoy worth SQUAT??? Are you serious?? you seem to forget the quality that went into the details of that figure...If anything, People will want the TM figure MORE!! To go with this figure

I am shocked at how many of you bash that figure when ANYONe who has it ( that is not a customizer) LOVES it!!

This Indy is ALSO GREAT!! Props to sideshow for using materials that will keep the price low. The paint apps do not destroy a GREAT sculpt either.

Deckard

I was most concerned about how the Jacket would come out and I think it looks just fine. He need to be dirtier tho. Maybe ill him him w/ some Fuller's earth when i get one.

barranca

Actually sorry Trevor, thats amazing, I beg your forgiveness. The smaller pics didnt do it justice at all. Its the best Indiana Jone I've seen yet and I have them ALL, from the Toys Mccoy, to the Arnie Kim and several customs (9 in total !)
I'm gonna buy three now !!! From all of us THANK YOU !!

Maybe.Not Today

I think this figure is awesome. For my money ( which sadly is barely enough for the $80 range) I do like this figure better than the toys mccoy version.

No offense meant towards toy mccoy, they make beautifull high quality figures. Plus I've never had the funds to see one up close. But from the pictures i've seen, the clothes on the MCcoy figure seem a little baggy, where sideshow's seem to fit great. I like the sculpt on sideshow's better. without his hat the mccoy one sort of looks like a skin head.

Just my opinion. But, wow, I can't wait for this to come out.

barranca

Maybe.Not Today said:
No offense meant towards toy mccoy, they make beautifull high quality figures. Plus I've never had the funds to see one up close. But from the pictures i've seen, the clothes on the MCcoy figure seem a little baggy, where sideshow's seem to fit great. I like the sculpt on sideshow's better. without his hat the mccoy one sort of looks like a skin head.

Your right its a great figure and has for some time been the 'benchmark' but the clothes are a little oversized, (always a problem in 1/6 scale ) The head was clearly sculpted that way to accomodate the hat, and at the same time as looking like Harry, dosent.
This figure, I feel now is the new 'benchmark', I really do think it will affect the Mccoy figures value. Everyone is going to want this one and that secondary market is going to 'dry up' for a while.
If you've got one (Mccoy) and want to sell, wait, is my advice, for a couple of years at least, It'll bounce back. Quality items usually do.
Its going to be a dry time for customisers too (of which I'm one!), but I never sell. But for those who do, find another subject for now !
I've no doubt I'll have some fun tweaking and upgrading some accessories on this new figure, thats why I'll need three. One to display, one to tweek & one to keep mint.