G.I. Joe

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
I simply wish that Jerry Bruckheimer was making the G.I. Joe movies. Has anyone here been watching G.I. Joe: Resolute on Cartoon Network? If so how do you feel about them giving it a Naruto-esque feel?

Please don't compair Naruto to GI Joe. If Duke runs around sayin' "BELIVE IT!" then we have a problem.

Stormshadow and Snake-eyes was more based off what happned in the comics and in the DiC cartoons if I stand correct.

I just saw the movie. Saw no Naruto elements. It's a good movie and worth the watching.

vf wing

Great film! Seen it five times already, with plans to return! (y)

I'd prefer not to see Bruckheimer anywhere near this franchise, but look forward to a sequel nonetheless!

roundshort

as a kid of the 80's who was on the very tail end of GI Joe, this movie was LAME. save you bucks and wait for net flick. Ugh

Agent Crab

vf wing said:
Great film! Seen it five times already, with plans to return! (y)

I'd prefer not to see Bruckheimer anywhere near this franchise, but look forward to a sequel nonetheless!

Even the ending leaves open for a sequal.

fixer79

roundshort said:
as a kid of the 80's who was on the very tail end of GI Joe, this movie was LAME. save you bucks and wait for net flick. Ugh

Really? What did you expect to see then?

Anyway...
I wouldn't exactly recommend people to save their bucks because just because you didn't like it... There are certainly as many people who liked the movie than people who didn't.
I even heard of someone who went to see it five times, with plans to return! ;)

roundshort

fixer79 said:

Anyway...
I wouldn't exactly recommend people to save their bucks because just because you didn't like it... There are certainly as many people who liked the movie than people who didn't.

I expected to see what I expect form any movie, acting, story plot, flow, anything. This was a mess of bad CGI, bad acting, think to low story (and I have VERY low expectations when it comes to big budget summer popcorn flicks). This movie was so bad, that it made land of Lost look good ( which it was not).

Agent Crab

fixer79 said:

Anyway...

I heard many people enjoyed GI Joe. Same with Revenge of the Fallen. I guess its just like how some people don't like Crystal Skull, either.

I expected to see what I expect form any movie, acting, story plot, flow, anything. This was a mess of bad CGI, bad acting, think to low story (and I have VERY low expectations when it comes to big budget summer popcorn flicks). This movie was so bad, that it made land of Lost look good ( which it was not).

That can be said for Crystal Skull, G-Force, Fly me ot the Moon, ETC ETC ETC.

fixer79

roundshort said:

Sorry you feel this way, because as a G.i. Joe fan you must've looked forward to it...

I personally had no problem at all with all the things you mentionned...
Sure, the screenplay won't win an Oscar, but I don't think it was that bad.
I also didn't think any actors did a bad job... What actors are you referring to?
And I also didn't spot any bad CG shots... Any shot in mind?

I think the biggest problem with these kind of films -sequels and films based on popular franchises I mean- is that the audience have a clear image of what they should be like... Certainly these days, with the revival of eighties icons and heroes returning decades after their last escapades...
I think that has hurt films like G.I. Joe and even the lastest Indy film a lot.

Agent Crab

fixer79 said:
Sorry you feel this way, because as a G.i. Joe fan you must've looked forward to it...

I personally had no problem at all with all the things you mentionned...
Sure, the screenplay won't win an Oscar, but I don't think it was that bad.
I also didn't think any actors did a bad job... What actors are you referring to?
And I also didn't spot any bad CG shots... Any shot in mind?

I think the biggest problem with these kind of films -sequels and films based on popular franchises I mean- is that the audience have a clear image of what they should be like... Certainly these days, with the revival of eighties icons and heroes returning decades after their last escapades...
I think that has hurt films like G.I. Joe and even the lastest Indy film a lot.

The CG was pretty decent in GI Joe, compaired to CG I seen in other movies.. Even Revenge of the Fallen had good effects. I though G-Force and that damn talking dog movie Disney released last year had so so CG.

GI Joe had alot blast of the past factors, such as Stomshadow vs Snakeeyes.

Just too bad they didn't use Roadblock as a character in the movie.

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:
Please don't compair Naruto to GI Joe. If Duke runs around sayin' "BELIVE IT!" then we have a problem.

Stormshadow and Snake-eyes was more based off what happned in the comics and in the DiC cartoons if I stand correct.

I just saw the movie. Saw no Naruto elements. It's a good movie and worth the watching.

LOL. You're so lovable Agent Crab. To bad you're not my cousin. You're humor and remarks are so right on time.

Anyway I was not talking about the "believe it" side of Naruto at all, but rather the feel of the show as it draws closer toward the shippuden. I really do enjoy Japanese anime and manga. Naruto and Dragon Ball along with One Piece and last but yes, lest Shaman King.

Anyway don't give up on Naruto. The latter episodes of Naruto are better, especially as Naruto becomes bigger, better and tougher as he struggles to save Sasuke from the shadows of darkness. I've heard that the Shippuden is ever better but I've not really seen it as of yet. BTW Sasuke is one of the best characters in the Naruto franchise. Yet, back to G.I. Joe I'd just like to see more of Duke and Snake Eyes having a brother like friendship (i.e. Obi Wan and Anakin) in the G.I. Joe cartoons. Hopefully Cartoon Network or Nikelodeon will make another full running G.I. Joe cartoon.

Grizzlor

G.I. Joe wasn't that bad, although the CGI at times was poorly done. Many parts looked like a video game cutscene. The movie was much better and closer to the original concept than Revenge of the Fallen, which was one of the worst films I've ever seen. Sienna Miller was terrific.

I-Jones

lol, check out the cast, it's almost bigger cast then the film. lol

<object width="448" height="376" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="ordie_player_076041c13b"><param name="movie" value="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=076041c13b" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><embed width="448" height="376" flashvars="key=076041c13b" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" name="ordie_player_076041c13b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:448px;"><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/076041c13b/the-ballad-of-g-i-joe" title="from Cha-Ching Pictures, Olivia Wilde, Zach Galifianakis, Alexis Bledel, Billy Crudup, Julianne Moore, FOD Team, Chuck Liddell, Sgt Slaughter, Tony Hale, Laz Alonso, Joey Kern, Henry Rollins, Alan Tudyk, Vinnie Jones, and Josh Simpson">The Ballad of G.I. Joe</a> from <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/olivia_wilde">Olivia Wilde</a></div>

Credits:

Starring
Laz Alonso as Doc
Alexis Bledel as Lady Jaye
Billy Crudup as Zartan
Zach Galifiankais as Snow Job
Tony Hale as Dr. Mindbender
Vinnie Jones as Destro
Joey Kern as Tomax
Joey Kern as Xamot
Chuck Liddell as Gung Ho
Julianne Moore as Scarlett
Henry Rollins as Duke
Alan Tudyk as Shipwreck
Olivia Wilde as The Baroness
and
Sgt. Slaughter as Himself
Also featuring Jamin Fite as Cobra Commander
Frankie Kang as Storm Shadow
Geoff Mann as Buzzer
Andreas Owald as Snake Eyes
Daniel Strange as Torch
Kevin Umbricht as Ripper
Written by Daniel Strange & Kevin Umbricht
Directed by Daniel Strange
Produced by Kevin Umbricht, Josh Simpson, and Mike Farah
Grips: Will Hines, Matthew Weir, Paul Nadjmabadi
Production Assistants: Sean Boyle, Kevin F. Kearns, Kat O'Connor and Carly Rhodes
Cinematography: Maarten de Boer
Makeup: Kat Bardot
Vinnie Jones Makeup: Alexei O?Brien
Billy Crudup Makeup: Joanna Stewart
Julianne Moore Makeup: Susan Lehane
Costuming by: Kevin Umbricht, Shanna Knecht, Adam Doyle
Animation: Pal Moore
Music produced, arranged, recorded and performed by Geoff Mann
Lead Vocals: Kevin Umbricht
Clarinet: Matt Moon
Additional recording Nicholas Sevilla and Matt Moon Mastered by Scott Craggs at Old Colony
Special Thanks: UCB Theater in New York, John Frusciante, Maureen Grosser, Paul Kuhn, Tom Spriggs, Robbie Kass, Ian Cohen, Martin Torres, Brad Marks, Geoff Barnett, Daisy Wu, Kevin Kay, Paul Incerto, Nick Nacca, Nick Nacca Studios, Alan J. Kirby, All-Pro Media Burlington, Adam Doyle, Drew Antzis, Lenvil King Jr., Brad Schulz < less

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Great flick. I'm not familiar with the G.I. Joe franchise but couldn't stop grinning at all the coolness on the screen. Much better job than the Transformers.

RedeemedChild

I-Jones said:
lol, check out the cast, it's almost bigger cast then the film. lol

<object width="448" height="376" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="ordie_player_076041c13b"><param name="movie" value="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=076041c13b" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><embed width="448" height="376" flashvars="key=076041c13b" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" name="ordie_player_076041c13b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:448px;"><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/076041c13b/the-ballad-of-g-i-joe" title="from Cha-Ching Pictures, Olivia Wilde, Zach Galifianakis, Alexis Bledel, Billy Crudup, Julianne Moore, FOD Team, Chuck Liddell, Sgt Slaughter, Tony Hale, Laz Alonso, Joey Kern, Henry Rollins, Alan Tudyk, Vinnie Jones, and Josh Simpson">The Ballad of G.I. Joe</a> from <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/olivia_wilde">Olivia Wilde</a></div>

Credits:

Starring
Laz Alonso as Doc
Alexis Bledel as Lady Jaye
Billy Crudup as Zartan
Zach Galifiankais as Snow Job
Tony Hale as Dr. Mindbender
Vinnie Jones as Destro
Joey Kern as Tomax
Joey Kern as Xamot
Chuck Liddell as Gung Ho
Julianne Moore as Scarlett
Henry Rollins as Duke
Alan Tudyk as Shipwreck
Olivia Wilde as The Baroness
and
Sgt. Slaughter as Himself
Also featuring Jamin Fite as Cobra Commander
Frankie Kang as Storm Shadow
Geoff Mann as Buzzer
Andreas Owald as Snake Eyes
Daniel Strange as Torch
Kevin Umbricht as Ripper
Written by Daniel Strange & Kevin Umbricht
Directed by Daniel Strange
Produced by Kevin Umbricht, Josh Simpson, and Mike Farah
Grips: Will Hines, Matthew Weir, Paul Nadjmabadi
Production Assistants: Sean Boyle, Kevin F. Kearns, Kat O'Connor and Carly Rhodes
Cinematography: Maarten de Boer
Makeup: Kat Bardot
Vinnie Jones Makeup: Alexei O?Brien
Billy Crudup Makeup: Joanna Stewart
Julianne Moore Makeup: Susan Lehane
Costuming by: Kevin Umbricht, Shanna Knecht, Adam Doyle
Animation: Pal Moore
Music produced, arranged, recorded and performed by Geoff Mann
Lead Vocals: Kevin Umbricht
Clarinet: Matt Moon
Additional recording Nicholas Sevilla and Matt Moon Mastered by Scott Craggs at Old Colony
Special Thanks: UCB Theater in New York, John Frusciante, Maureen Grosser, Paul Kuhn, Tom Spriggs, Robbie Kass, Ian Cohen, Martin Torres, Brad Marks, Geoff Barnett, Daisy Wu, Kevin Kay, Paul Incerto, Nick Nacca, Nick Nacca Studios, Alan J. Kirby, All-Pro Media Burlington, Adam Doyle, Drew Antzis, Lenvil King Jr., Brad Schulz < less

Disgusting! Absolutely insulting! I can't stand to see G.I. Joe getting this kind of disrespect.

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
Disgusting! Absolutely insulting! I can't stand to see G.I. Joe getting this kind of disrespect.

I take it that you don't like parodies? I thought it was kinda clever and how the actors looked like their classic 80's counterparts. Like Doc, Shipwrkec and even Snowjob.

roundshort

At least soemone agrees with me, but I alas, did not have the fun that this person did:

By Eric S. Trautmann
Special to MSN Movies

The new "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" film has recently taken theaters by storm, and it was with no small amount of trepidation that I caught the opening night midnight showing. I'd had absolutely no interest in Hasbro's two prior toy-franchise-to-film adaptations ("Transformers" and "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"), and I had similarly low expectations of the new Joe flick.

I expected a loud film, with a thin plot, wooden acting, a lot of expensive CGI and a crushing weight of silliness, which is not my normal recipe for a pleasant evening. And "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" delivered in spades on all of those points, with one glaring exception.

"The Rise of Cobra" is a ridiculous amount of fun, which I never would have predicted.

Yes, it's a terrible, terrible film, with lackluster performances from much of the cast (notably poor Dennis Quaid, who is a textbook example of a career in decline, sadly).