Lost Indy Wave at Comic-Con 2011

michael

The head sculpt for Indy looks like the ToD version, which was the best in my opinion. The rest look really good, totally digging the German Mechanic. Really hope I can pick these up at a decent price.

Billy Ray

Wow, nothing new all day...then I lost my network connection at work...came home and saw these at RS...jumpoed over here to post and...Wow! Just wow! Couldn't be more excited for these now (not that I wasn't already). They all look amazing! Rght up there in quality with the ToD wave!

Indy is a tad bit of a let down, looks like the ToD sculpt with maybe a new hat. Still looks great though, but I was expecting a new sculpt and more accessories...the only thing really new is the sand bag...and didn't we get that with the deluxe idol set?

Despite her cankles, Marion looks beautiful! Wish I could get two of these somehow and put this head on the Cairo Marion. The snakes will look nice in the Well of the Souls.

German Mechanic...awesome! Wasn't expecting anything with him other than a wrench, but the went all out with the hat and pistol, though I don't remember him having a pistol in the movie. Anyway, it will be used with Toht, since it is the accurate Walther P-38! (Sideshow didn't even get that right). Finally, they could have easily just given us another Luger here. Wonder if the cap will be able to serve double duty for German Indy?

Satipo...looks like a good overall figure, but the headsculpt, at least painted, doesn't look much like Alfred Molina. Spiders are a cool touch. I wonder if the torches in his backpack are removable?

German Indy...looks good. Not much to say here I guess. Headsculpt looks great, though his hair seems a little dark.

Toht...finally! Awesome, awesome figure! Staff of Ra head piece FTW! Non melty head sculpt looks perfect! Melty head looks good...could have been a tad more melty, and maybe more white than bloody, but still way too cool!

Simply cannot wait to get these, no matter the price. Just like the ToD wave, I MUST HAVE THEM!!!! Fortunately my birthday is in July....looks like these will be my borthday present :D

WillKill4Food

Billy Ray said:
German Indy...looks good. Not much to say here I guess. Headsculpt looks great, though his hair seems a little dark.
...and German. I don't remember what Indy's hair looked like in that scene, but the haircut on the figure looks very 30s. I liked the way the haircuts in Inglourious Basterds also evoked that feel.

Billy Ray said:
Non melty head sculpt looks perfect! Melty head looks good...could have been a tad more melty, and maybe more white than bloody, but still way too cool!
Agreed on that. I would've liked a more melted head too, I think. To someone who had never seen the film, he might look like a zombie.

Billy Ray

His hair was pretty much just a mess...

360.jpg

357.jpg

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
Melty head looks good...could have been a tad more melty, and maybe more white than bloody, but still way too cool!

WillKill4Food said:
Agreed on that. I would've liked a more melted head too, I think. To someone who had never seen the film, he might look like a zombie.

I'm not alone there, then.

In the scene first there was the pouring blood, then the melting waxwork doll/puppet head. The originally released protoype photo made it look more like the latter.

The German Mechanic is the best of this bunch, though he does look like he's off to the Blue Oyster Club in that hat. The peaks on all the Hasbro German tropical field caps were too short, but since the DAK were not yet created, we can asssume they hadn't created the extended tropical peak. ;)

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
German Mechanic...awesome! Wasn't expecting anything with him other than a wrench, but the went all out with the hat and pistol, though I don't remember him having a pistol in the movie. Anyway, it will be used with Toht, since it is the accurate Walther P-38! (Sideshow didn't even get that right). Finally, they could have easily just given us another Luger here.

I remember something about a pistol on the ground during the flying wing sequence, so it could be the pilot's gun?

It's good to see a P38, as so often toy companies go for the ubiquitous Luger (though the vintage Kenner line decided to give Toht a Broomhandle Mauser).

Like the MP38/MP40s and the DAK itself, the P38 wasn't around in our version of 1936, but where adventure has a name, don't let history stand in its way!

Lance Quazar

I don't want to nitpick these figures too much since, by and large, I am over the moon and delighted we are going to get them.

Yeah, too bad the Sapito resemblance isn't really there. This entire line was pretty hit and miss with sculpting. A few great figures like Henry and Mola Ram and plenty of misses, like the original Marion.

I am very glad Toht is as bloody as he is. Makes him look more gruesome, IMO. It's hard to see from these pics, but there are some nice "melted flesh" details in the sculpt itself - on the chin, around the ear, etc. Maybe the painting is overkill and hides some of those details, but I think this version looks spiffy.

I didn't realize that the sand bag was previously available with the temple trap - one of the only items I never bothered to get. Too bad Indy himself doesn't have any "new" accessories, then. And Indy's headsculpt really DOES look like the ToD version with a new, more "Raiders"-y hat. I think we all would have preferred they try a new one one last time. Alas.

But the other accessories are fantastic! Finally a headpiece. The poker. THREE kinds of torches. Snakes. That great backpack (wish we had a good look at that). The wrench. Friggin' tarantulas!!!

Each of the last three waves has had one figure where the Hasbro team truly knocked it out of the part with amazing sculpting and a boatload of extraordinary accessories.

For the LC wave, it was Henry. Then Mola Ram. Now we have Toht to join that august company. Easily 3 of the single best figures modern Hasbro has ever made, in any line.

Six weeks and counting!!!

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
I don't want to nitpick these figures too much since, by and large, I am over the moon and delighted we are going to get them.

Very true. All this expectation and waiting time is giving us the chance to be overly critical!

The Sideshow Freaks boards are full of such threads, debating figures that aren't due for release for about a year.

As toys originally intended for the mass-market, they're top-notch.

And now for Toht in two flavours, in the correct order now...

r34.jpg

385.jpg

Billy Ray

Montana Smith said:
I remember something about a pistol on the ground during the flying wing sequence, so it could be the pilot's gun?

It's good to see a P38, as so often toy companies go for the ubiquitous Luger (though the vintage Kenner line decided to give Toht a Broomhandle Mauser).

Like the MP38/MP40s and the DAK itself, the P38 wasn't around in our version of 1936, but where adventure has a name, don't let history stand in its way!

Yeah, the pilot had a P-38. He was trying to get a clear shot at Indy when Marion knocked him out with the wheel chocks. I always assumed that was where the pistol on the ground came from.

Billy Ray

Billy Ray said:
Yeah, the pilot had a P-38. He was trying to get a clear shot at Indy when Marion knocked him out with the wheel chocks. I always assumed that was where the pistol on the ground came from.

Don't get me wrong...I am ecstatic about these figures. I can't believe that Hasbro went the extra mile and included all these accessories too. I was half afraid that they would pull something like the exclusive McQuarrie cnocept figures boxed sets, where they didn't include all the accessories that the original carded figures had.

Nurhachi1991

So can u get them from hasbro shop

**** comic con I swear its a comercial joke now it sells out in like an hour and most of the people there are hipster wanabe's that know jack about comics

Billy Ray

Here are a few more images from Stephen Hayford that Rebelscum posted for the 30th anniversary of ROTLA...

shindy1.jpg

shindy2.jpg

shindy3.jpg

Billy Ray

The question was asked in today's Hasbro Q&A over at Jedi Insider and they pretty much dodged it...

JI: Can you provide us with final press images and details as far as pricing and availability for all the Star Wars/Raiders 2011 SDCC exclusives?

Hasbro: These will be released by Hasbro's PR department as we get closer to the show. Thanks for asking…we are excited about these items too.

We're getting pretty close, almost only a month to go, so we should hear something soon.

Hopefully EchoBase forums receives the correct answer to their question from the last Q&A concerning availability of this set on Hasbro Toy Shop.