Do you know anyone who's never seen Indiana Jones?

MalcolmReynolds

It's hard to imagine a world without our hero's. I wish Lucas would be more proactive in keeping his legends alive. I saw someone post a thread in the video game section that remarked on why hasn't Lucas brought a StarWars BattleFront remake or extension to PS3. Same thing with Indy. The Wii got the last Indy adventure, besides Lego stuff. They will spend Millions on reselling movies with extras, but not really expand the franchise. Kids know most Star Wars stuff today from the Star Wars games or cartoons. But its the newer stuff. Not the original.

Henry W Jones

Really???

Dr.Jonesy said:
Actually I've never seen a Star Wars movie :eek:

If you haven't seen Star Wars yet, please go rent A New Hope, Empire, and Return of the Jedi. They are awesome. If you like them check out Ep 1-3. They are okay.

citizenwasp

My boyfriend had never seen any of them until I showed him "Raiders" last week. He really enjoyed- as he should have! Mwahahahaha.
He's excited to watch "Last Crusade" because of the Nazi stuff- he is a WWII buff.

fenris

I'm starting to realize that here where I live, if you're below 30yrs old, there's a big possibility you've never seen any Indy films... except for the last movie.

I have an ex-officemate (early or mid-twenties) who apparently has never seen the first Indy trilogy (but has watched the 4th one and didn't like it). Another surprising revelation was she has never seen Star Wars... not even one!

michael

I recently let a buddy of mine borrow the trilogy (he has to watch these before he gets my copy of KOTCS). Shockingly he's never seen any of them, until now..

He sent me a text saying he watched Raiders today. I called him immediately (as I've been bugging him to watch them).

I said: HOW WAS IT, WHAT'D YOU THINK?!

He goes: It was pretty ****ing epic. Not gonna lie.

I go: I know righ---

He interrupts me: I mean....they just don't make movies like that anymore.

I go: I know right!

He continues: It was just the music, the, the everything man. It was awesome.

I hope to get a more in-depth review the next time I hang around with him.

Henry W Jones

I have a neighbor who hasn't seen any Indiana Jones or Star Wars. I showed him the truck scene in Raiders. He said it "looked alright" and he "might check it out sometime". I'm not gonna try to sell it too hard. He's into things I don't care about either.

Stoo

Henry W Jones said:
I have a neighbor who hasn't seen any Indiana Jones or Star Wars. I showed him the truck scene in Raiders. He said it "looked alright" and he "might check it out sometime".
How young/old is this neighbour?:confused: Until a few years ago, my brother's wife (born in 1975) did not know the difference between "Star Trek" and "Star Wars":eek: (but at least she knows who Indiana Jones is).

This reminds me of something from "The Art of Star Wars" book (1978 edition). The last few pages reprinted some newspaper comic strips and one of them featured an old married couple sitting in chairs facing each other:

Old Woman: Did you know that we are the last 2 people in the world who have not seen "Star Wars"?

Old Man pulls out a gun and shoots his wife dead.

Old Man: Now I'm the only one!

Henry W Jones

Stoo said:
How young/old is this neighbour?:confused: Until a few years ago, my brother's wife (born in 1975) did not know the difference between "Star Trek" and "Star Wars":eek: (but at least she knows who Indiana Jones is).

This reminds me of something from "The Art of Star Wars" book (1978 edition). The last few pages reprinted some newspaper comic strips and one of them featured an old married couple sitting in chairs facing each other:

Old Woman: Did you know that we are the last 2 people in the world who have not seen "Star Wars"?

Old Man pulls out a gun and shoots his wife dead.

Old Man: Now I'm the only one!

In his 30's like me. He's heard of it. Just never peaked his intrest I guess.

paraiderfan

Never seen it

Hi Everyone,

Let me see. A guy I work with and have worked with for over 13 years has never seen Star Wars, or Indiana Jones.

Another guy I work with has seen Indy, but not Star Wars.

My fiance has never seen Star Wars, and come to think of it, I don't think she's seen any of the Indy films either. She's not interested in either of them.

I think that's it.

Henry W Jones

My friends kid the other day told me Indiana Jones was stupid. I asked him what was stupid about it. He said "The one I saw was just sucked" I asked him which one and he said KOTCS. So he hasn't seen essential Indy and I'm gonna have to introduce him to ROTLA. He's seen Indy but not like you should for first time.

Mickiana

How well do you know him, Sharkey? You discuss Indiana Jones here and have for a while, yet you must never have raised the subject with this person. I'm not saying you should have, but unless the guy has been living in some remote place for a long time, I don't understand how he could have been living in such a bubble insulated against popular culture. I'm skeptical, but also keen to learn how he has done it.

Stoo

Mickiana said:
I don't understand how he could have been living in such a bubble insulated against popular culture. I'm skeptical, but also keen to learn how he has done it.
Don't know what the deal is with Sharkey's acquaintance, however...8 years ago, I befriended someone from Madagascar who was living in my city. He had NEVER HEARD of Indiana Jones before then!:eek:

Mickiana

Yes, I do believe it happens, but I don't expect it to happen much in countries where the movies have been shown, especially if the person is young enough. I'm not saying people should know about every bit of popular culture, not at all, but it is interesting to note that some people are immune to at least some it.

|ZiR|

I knew a girl who had never seen any of the Star Wars, and when I immediately offered to remedy the situation she politely declined as they were "fake" and thus had "no point".

I wonder which "real" films she was accustomed to viewing. :-V

shazamtd

|ZiR| said:
I knew a girl who had never seen any of the Star Wars, and when I immediately offered to remedy the situation she politely declined as they were "fake" and thus had "no point".

I wonder which "real" films she was accustomed to viewing. :-V
This girl sounds a little like my dad. His imagination is limited by his practicallity. His one word review of Star Wars without ever seeing it is, "Stupid."
In his defense, my dad did see Raiders back when it was first playing. The only thing he liked was that, unlike the usual action hero, Indy got his butt kicked.

Henry W Jones

shazamtd said:
This girl sounds a little like my dad. His imagination is limited by his practicallity. His one word review of Star Wars without ever seeing it is, "Stupid."
In his defense, my dad did see Raiders back when it was first playing. The only thing he liked was that, unlike the usual action hero, Indy got his butt kicked.

I met a guy like that a few weeks ago. We were watching tv and a commercial for Transformers came on and he said, "Why would I want to watch that fake s**t. Stupid sci-fi movies are ridiculous" To bad some people have no imagination or interest in things that are new.

mattzilla2010

That point of view simply baffles me. I mean, it's fiction so clearly it's... well, fictional. Do these people only watch documentaries? Read only biographies, scientific journals and newspapers? It makes my brain hurt trying to figure out how someone could dislike a fantasy/sci-fi work because it lacks realism. :confused:

I guess it's like you said, Henry W, some people just have no imagination.