Screwed by Topps and the Artists

tnswman

Ok, Now, I have collected Packed-in autographs and sketch cards for YEARS....However, This Indian Jones set was my BIGGEST investment EVER.

So, I have seen some crazy stuff. Well, While I await my comic Book Store cases, I got two boxes from an on-line dealer.

As I was opening these boxes, I was given the most repulsive and embarrasing sketch card I have ever seen. 1st, The lack of skill shown on this card was un-real!! How could this "artist" be chosen for a high price set like this?

As I cracked my 2nd box, I was hoping for something different, Well, I was able to pull a Katanga autograph but Look at what else I found in the 2nd box...

003-5.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT!!! Two of these hideous "1 of 1" SKETCH CARDS by the simply LAZIEST No-TALENT artist TOPPS COULD FIND!! These were in BACK TO BACK BOXES!!

Not only do they SUCK,,,, But WHO IS IT???? When was Dracula Part of the Indy line?

Topps and this Pathetic RW "artist" should be ashamed and quite frankly, I deserve at least ONE true Sketch card!!

Now, I am the last person who should be *****ing over an Indy Product as I am lucky enough to have MANY Indy items early, However, This is absurd!! The Artist should be identified and LAUGHED out of the biz. If anyone here knows who drew these, Let me know so I can bash him FULLY!!

Only one person of such suckage-caliber with those initials comes to mind...

Rick Wakeman.

...it all makes sense now! That pretentious arse!

:rolleyes:

I think it's supposed to be the monkey from Raiders. But yeah... they're pretty bad.

tnswman

I have NEVER seen such absurdity...Topps should have handed him back each of his cards WITH a bill charging him for those cards... what is even worse is that these were NOT random.. these were in BACK TO BACK boxes.

shame on topps and ANY artist who responds to the Honor of sketching for this set this way.

MONKEY my ass!! that looks NOTHING like a Damn SIMPLE Monkey!! What B.S.

tnswman

ebay has TONS of these 1 of 1 " Monkey cards listed under Ryan Waterhouse.....Who is this Tool? Look his name up on ebay and see his other IGNORANT attempts at sketching.

Has he EVER done any serious work?

tnswman

HOLY GOD!!

WTF!! This is an outrage!! This shows that Topps does NOT care about quality, and then the NO NAME artists that they hire HALF A$$ their way through the cards!

tnswman

Well This Ryan Waterhouse Has NO Business in this industry.. As a Booker of comic Book Guests for Comic Conventions, I will Personally make sure that this no-talent will be getting the bashing he deserves.

Thanks for being sorry, However, you should have been the one who pulled this CRAP from the box. THANK GOD I have more boxes coming....too bad I have NO FAITH in TOPPS or the other artists who are NOT big names!!

mfisher said:
I don't think the monkey is half as bad as this... :
http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Indiana-Jo...goryZ219QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

who the heck is that ?? dont tell me it is Indy.. cause what's up with his hat ? looks like one of those blind contour drawings we did in highschool art class..

Ha! I have you all beat. I have both the 'Monkey' sketches AND the one from the link above. Just how damn unlucky am I? From 10 boxes and I didn't even pull a major cast member for autographs or sketches!

tnswman

throwmetheidol said:
Ha! I have you all beat. I have both the 'Monkey' sketches AND the one from the link above. Just how damn unlucky am I? From 10 boxes and I didn't even pull a major cast member for autographs or sketches!

Les, This is what we get for the Whole Monopoly Fiasco LOL!

tnswman

I did pull a Short Round auto from a few packs I found at a card show.... You can't go wrong with Autographs.. These sketch cards are leaning too heavy on these unknown artists who have no true ability... The Lack of creativity by this idiot is astounding!!

Billy Ray

Wow, those are both pretty weak! I think the "Indy" is even worse...at least you could almost say the moneky is "stylized", but my 5 yr old could draw a better Indy than that:rolleyes:

tnswman

Ohhh, I won't lie, That Indy is a black -eye on the whole sketch card Artist industry.. It makes them all look bad!! However, I would have taken one of each Like Les got instead of Two retarded Monkey's in a row.

I mean REALLY, does ANYONE look at the cards I listed and say .. "oh, that's teh monkey from Raiders"? HELL NO!! You can NOT tell what it is!!

Deckard

Guys, it isn't the fault of of the artist's, you need to blame the people at topps who decided to have a ton of them made, also Topps for packaging them like that. No way it's the fault of anyone else.

Arab Swordsman

It almost makes you think some of these "artists" just gave some of the cards to their kids to sketch on. That Indy card is horrendous. I was lucky enough to get a "Locoduck" Duron sketch and it's nice quality. I've been seeing the preschool drawings on Ebay that TNSWMAN got all weekend and wondering the same thing...how can they be 1/1 and there be like 20 of them for sale?

tnswman

Deckard said:
Guys, it isn't the fault of of the artist's, you need to blame the people at topps who decided to have a ton of them made, also Topps for packaging them like that. No way it's the fault of anyone else.

BULL $HIT!! The Artist Has NO BUSINESS even trying to pass tha tcrap off as "ART" the Indy is worse than the "moneky" I mean what artist would EVER think that their work is good enough to be included in these sets if that's as good as they can do?

SCREW those No-name artists!

tnswman

Arab Swordsman said:
It almost makes you think some of these "artists" just gave some of the cards to their kids to sketch on. That Indy card is horrendous. I was lucky enough to get a "Locoduck" Duron sketch and it's nice quality. I've been seeing the preschool drawings on Ebay that TNSWMAN got all weekend and wondering the same thing...how can they be 1/1 and there be like 20 of them for sale?

AMEN!! The simple fact that this Idiot did COPY after COPY of the same sketch DOES NOT make this a one of a kind collectible!! Topps LIED through their NOSES on this one!!

Deckard

tnswman said:
AMEN!! The simple fact that this Idiot did COPY after COPY of the same sketch DOES NOT make this a one of a kind collectible!! Topps LIED through their NOSES on this one!!

It's possible Topps knew full well what they were doing and asked him to make a ton of the same sketch, there are the same sketch of the hat too. They probably did this to make some artist's rarer then others.

I also understand your upset you probably bought a case and didnt get anything good, but thats the gamble you take.

Arab Swordsman

Deckard said:
Can you plese post a pic swordsman, I am picking up alot of Duron's work.

I posted it in the Heritage thread on Thursday night. There should be a scan of that card and my Roshan Seth autograph.