I thought I would...

Le Saboteur

...take a brief moment to introduce myself and say hello. Long time lurker, and finally felt compelled to sign up.

Useless trivia: I'm about 2.2 miles from Pixar, and 14.3 miles from Lucasfilm.

Stoo

Love your screen name, La Saboteur. I have friends in Novato and visited S.F. last year. Loved it! Welcome to The Raven.:hat:

DocWhiskey

Hey there.

Welcome to the Raven!

14.3 Miles from Lucasfilm you say?

Tell ya what, next time you're bored....raid it.

And make sure to grab a fedora or Boba Fett helmet for your pal, DocWhiskey.

Le Saboteur

Thank you all for the kind welcome.

Doc, I'll see what I can do. Right now I'm still trying to figure out how to get myself in the front door -- probably the easiest thing to do considering its location.

Oh, and Stoo, did you have the chance to make it over to Skywalker Ranch? You weren't too far away while over in Novato! I can't remember if they offer tours (I doubt it), but you can aleast swing by and snap a shot of the entrance, et al.

RedeemedChild

Le Saboteur said:
...take a brief moment to introduce myself and say hello. Long time lurker, and finally felt compelled to sign up.

Useless trivia: I'm about 2.2 miles from Pixar, and 14.3 miles from Lucasfilm.

I also lurked around before I joined the Raven and I also used TheRaider.net as a way of gathering information regarding Indiana Jones and then when I heard that a new movie was in development and that there were plans for an animated Indiana Jones television series I knew I had to join the Raven.

I hope you enjoy your experience here because this is one good forum with wonderful members and moderators.

So have you ever visited Lucasfilm or Pixar?

Le Saboteur

RedeemedChild said:
So have you ever visited Lucasfilm or Pixar?

Nope. You can get as far as the front gate before they politely turn you away. I'll have to exploit a connection in order to get onto the campus, visit during one of the many press events, and/or get myself hired. I know. It sucks.

RedeemedChild

Le Saboteur said:
Nope. You can get as far as the front gate before they politely turn you away. I'll have to exploit a connection in order to get onto the campus, visit during one of the many press events, and/or get myself hired. I know. It sucks.

LOL. We tried getting into the Disney Animation Building near LA and that was an "epic fail". We never even got near getting inside.