No love for Crystal Skull on TV

TennesseBuck

I watched last week's episode of "Community" and in it, Ahmed says he is seeing an Indiana Jones retrospective and will watch the first three and suffer through the fourth. Later in the episode, a student gets him the Indy trilogy and not the fourth because "the fourth blows."

On the cancelled series of "Life On Mars," one character from the future tells the lead character (whose name escapes me) that the fourth Raiders of the Lost Ark is not a great movie "but it is something to see."

Seth McFarlane recently said he would do a "Family Guy" with Indiana Jones as its theme, but probably no references to the fourth film.

So, you see, most people do hate Crystal Skull.

avidfilmbuff

I know how you feel Tennessee Buck, the ridiculous amount of hatred for the film has gone too far. I haven't seen any of the television programs you mentioned, but I'm honestly not surprised. Like I've said before, your youtube review of Crystal Skull was the most intelligent commentary I have ever seen on the film, I hope you post another review of the film soon. As for me, I plan on posting a thread on why I love all four films equally, hopefully soon.

indyclone25

well most of my sons friends love crystal skull , maybe the older audience wanted something more akin to raiders but is is a different time and the man in the hat is not as young as he used to be , but with that i thought kotcs was a good movie --- was it better than the other three , no. but it was a good fun romp thru the indiana jones universe .

Forbidden Eye

TennesseBuck said:
I watched last week's episode of "Community" and in it, Ahmed says he is seeing an Indiana Jones retrospective and will watch the first three and suffer through the fourth. Later in the episode, a student gets him the Indy trilogy and not the fourth because "the fourth blows."

Never heard of it. Therefore not a relevant show.

On the cancelled series of "Life On Mars," one character from the future tells the lead character (whose name escapes me) that the fourth Raiders of the Lost Ark is not a great movie "but it is something to see."

Didn't sound like they were knocking it based on your description, but if it was much harsher in reality, then no wonder it got cancelled. ;)

Seth McFarlane recently said he would do a "Family Guy" with Indiana Jones as its theme, but probably no references to the fourth film.

Link?

There weren't any references to the Star Wars prequels in Blue Harvest, so that seems consistent. I think he'd throw a reference to Kingdom if there was and Indiana Jones episode, but again, I'd have to see the actualy quote.

No, it just means like the Star Wars prequels, Crystal Skull is an easy target because people are passionate about it both ways.

Perhilion

I'm done caring about the general public's opinion on KotCS. IMO it's a vastly under-appreciated addition to the Indy series.

Dayne

Whether most people like it or not, it's a fad to hate Indy 4... meaning there doesn't have to be any real logic to it, it's just what everyone else is doing. In big groups, people are like sheep and find it hard to think for themselves. That's why we have popular culture. It appeals to what the masses like.

indyclone25

well just like episode one star wars , everybody complained about , but it is a very entertaining movie --- just like what will happen when ghostbuster three comes out the die hard fans will hate that they will habve a new generation of ghostbusters in it , they will always find something to cluck about :D , but im just happy that they made another indy movie and i am happy that they are starting work of sorts on indy 5

DocWhiskey

KOTCS hate is trendy now.

Just like ToD hate was trendy back when.

I have a dream that one day our nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: "That it's not a bad sequel. In fact, though not perfect, it is worthy of sitting among the original trilogy".

JP Jones

DocWhiskey said:
I have a dream that one day our nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: "That it's not a bad sequel. In fact, though not perfect, it is worthy of sitting among the original trilogy".
Amen to that Brutha!:D

StoneTriple

TennesseBuck said:
Ahmed says...

On the cancelled series of "Life On Mars," one character tells....

Seth McFarlane said...

Three people is most people? :confused:

Darth Vile

DocWhiskey said:

Wise words. And whilst it's certainly trendy to only give "darker" or "grittier" action/adventure movies the time of day (amongst some circles), it's even more fashionable to view Lucas/Spielberg as nothing more than tired old has beens... Here's hoping we can unite behind Indy V. :)

avidfilmbuff

Darth Vile said:
Wise words. And whilst it's certainly trendy to only give "darker" or "grittier" action/adventure movies the time of day (amongst some circles), it's even more fashionable to view Lucas/Spielberg as nothing more than tired old has beens... Here's hoping we can unite behind Indy V. :)

If that's true, than a lot of people are really going to hate the upcoming Tintin film.

Stoo

DocWhiskey said:

No offense but I have to disagree with this, Doc. There seems to be a common misunderstanding that hating "Doom" was a trendy thing back in the day. Sure, it received some poor reviews but if a TV show, comic-strip in the newspaper, etc. referenced Indy or "Doom" it was never negative. Indiana Jones was very popular at the time and the ONLY people I knew personally who did NOT like it were my parents and a few girls at school (and they certainly didn't spend any time whining about it). Not to mention there was no extra baggage of Lucas haters because they didn't really exist nor have the ability to unite like today. The trendiness of bashing a film is, by and large, a product of the internet age.

DocWhiskey said:
What about other the "haters" from other nations? Can they carry on?;)

Darth Vile

avidfilmbuff said:
If that's true, than a lot of people are really going to hate the upcoming Tintin film.

I don't know about "hate", but they'll certainly be many a 20 something not willing to admit they like it. ;)