AICN visits set!

Finn

Staff member
Kingsley said:
Spielberg knows how to play the politics of this business... he gives something exclusive to those spoiler dangerous sites, and remains in good relationship, asking probably for discretion in the months to come.
There were some interesting notions about releasing bogus titles... immediately made me think, "what else is bogus?"

The title is real. Guess we can say that now. But everything else... we'll see.

Hammy Skillet

I think he was just trying to throw these guys a bone after they did him a favor by not biting on those stolen notes and photographs a few days back.

Granted it was a very bleached, dried out, and picked clean bone.

But a bone nonetheless.

chapter11

This is by far the best Indy 4 news ever... (y)

Other topics brought up included his working relationship with George Lucas and if Spielberg was pressured to shoot INDY 4 digitally. Spielberg said that the way he works with George is he lets George talk for an hour and then says, ?No.? He said that with a laugh. He clearly had a lot of love for Lucas, calling him his brother and partner.

kongisking

AHegele said:

Jesus, I am on the verge of sobbing. I just cannot believe it. SPIELBERG HASN'T GIVEN UP ON US! HE STILL KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING!!!! :cool: :whip: :hat: The fact that he stings Lucas makes it all the more comforting. Honestly, I feel like a teenage girl who just recieved an invitation to make out with Orlando Bloom (no, I do NOT actually think that, for god's sake!:eek: ), that's how hyped I am!

STEVEN REALLY DOES CARE!!! :D :hat:

chapter11

kongisking said:
STEVEN REALLY DOES CARE!!!

Be careful... that kind of enthusiasm can get you in trouble around here. :gun:

I kid! No, you're right, this is great news. Not only does it sound like he's making this film the same way he made the others, it seems like he's really, you know, enthusiastic about the whole thing from soup to nuts.

Now, I've assumed this all along, but it would be nice for the naysayers and doubters to at least acknowledge that Spielberg seems pretty, you know, into the idea of doing Indy 4. Almost like he's returned to a comfortable old friend and has had fun getting to know him again.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
chapter11 said:
Not only does it sound like he's making this film the same way he made the others
Hopefully the same way he made the first two and not the third one.

eazybox

The Beatles said they never held a reunion concert because they could never live up to people's expectations. I don't want to set my expectations too high for Indy 4, but I do have the sense that Spielberg, Ford and Lucas know they are making a very, VERY good movie. And the fact that those website owners-- who must know a lot more about Indy 4 than we do--are so enthusiastic about it is another good sign. Personally, that's enough for me at this point. I don't want to know too many details before I see the movie. (y)

Jack

Vendetta08

I love the first two but I thought LC was rather boring, only had a few great parts as opposed to the entire thing being great like Raiders and Temple. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Zorg

Now let's not turn this thread into a fight over what is the best Indy film and what's not, ok?

Back to the report(s). Very interesting, very exciting and very comforting to hear all that stuff from Spielberg himself. And once again it has to be said....

May 2008 can't come soon enough. Can't wait to see this thing finished.

Blue Jay

This is all great news!
I think it was a rather long shoot for an indy movie, as i recall raiders was about 80-90 days.

This one goes from 18 June through 11 October, about 4 months, approx. 120 days.

Can't wait for the frist teaser trailer, the score and the poster.

My guess is that we can expect the drew poster only a few weeks in advance of the movie, what do you think?

:whip:

Mike00spy

Blue Jay said:
This is all great news!
I think it was a rather long shoot for an indy movie, as i recall raiders was about 80-90 days.

This one goes from 18 June through 11 October, about 4 months, approx. 120 days.

Can't wait for the frist teaser trailer, the score and the poster.

My guess is that we can expect the drew poster only a few weeks in advance of the movie, what do you think?

:whip:

I believe posters come out before that. I'd say by March we should have one. This way they can hang in theaters for a good 2 months to get the anticipation going.

joelwatts

kongisking said:
*Harrison stares at Henry Sr. in disbelief...* :p :D :D

I meant "jesus" in the exclaimatory sense (is that a word?).

No matter- still deserves a slap. Watch "The Ten Commandments," and pay attention to number two.:D

SwingingMonkey said:
Does AICN reporter get paid to visit? Does the editor of this site get an invite also? I think I should do a movie site.

You would think they would invite a big Indiana Jones fan site like TheRaider as well.