John Byrne's Indiana Jones

Montana Smith

JuniorJones said:
I wasn't 100% but felt like the Germans at Tanis you were all digging in the wrong place!:whip:

Ha!

It was the dates that threw me. A comic dated Februrary 1983 advertizing a November 1982 issue. Marvel really get ahead of themselves!

harvey

JuniorJones said:
...and seeing that the supsense is killing no-one...

I thought the "..." meant that you didn't turn up anything...!

This...this IS history!!!!!!!! (y)

I concur. Can't believe it was in a March '83 issue. FANTASTIC find! Finally, a high-res version to scan till our hearts' content!

Nice job! :D

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
harvey7297 said:
I thought the "..." meant that you didn't turn up anything...!

This...this IS history!!!!!!!! (y)

I concur. Can't believe it was in a March '83 issue. FANTASTIC find! Finally, a high-res version to scan till our hearts' content!

Nice job! :D

This was a team effort, so kudas to us all!:D

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Here's a clearer version from The Complete Making of Indiana Jones.

Image2b.jpg

harvey

JuniorJones said:
Here's a clearer version from The Complete Making of Indiana Jones.

Thanks for the post. I want that final art!!! On my wall!!!! C'mon, Lucas - there's money to be made in that print!! (y)

harvey

RaiderMitch said:
Well Mr Byrne used to live in the town next to me. But was famous for not talking about the Marvel indy work. He had big plans but Marvel wanted only two issue story arcs and lucasfilm had to review everything. So he moved on. He is still here in CT but works for IDW doing Star Trek and Next Men. I think all his art on indy was bought by George Lucas. I own many of the indy marvl and dark horse comic artwork originals but the Byrne pieces are like gold. Rinzler took the image from the Lucasfilm archives.

Mitch - compiling information for our new IndyCast segment. Anything else on the Sentinel piece?

indyclone25

harvey said:
Btw, here's the piece from the original question in this thread. Found it at Byrne's forum...but I have no idea where this originated. Anyone know? :confused:

2m5cyh5.jpg
haha, indy stole belloq's hat

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Sorry Harvey you know what I sent about Byrnes Indy. I suggest you and DoomTown do a surprise interview with the man when you are at ComiCONN. You'll be very close.

harvey

Indyclone - check out the next IndyCast. That was our thought too! :hat:

Mitch - I know he lives in the area...but he's not attending the con is he?

Sharkey

harvey said:
Indyclone - check out the next IndyCast. That was our thought too! :hat:
Mitch - I know he lives in the area...but he's not attending the con is he?
Will do. Give you a fair shot at a decent review.

I'll be at the vomic show in Mitchy's basement too! See you there, Brother.

Sharkey said:
Will do. Give you a fair shot at a decent review.

I'll be at the vomic show in Mitchy's basement too! See you there, Brother.

Maybe Jo can put the pin on you!:)

Might be time to bring back the branding iron.

harvey

Like those John Byrne "lost art" pieces posted on this thread? Now you've got a chance to win 'em! The next episode of "The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones" is online!

http://theindycast.com/episode-132-is-here/

Keith and I review issue #1, chat about John Byrne's "lost art", read your e-mails, and give YOU a chance to add the artwork to your personal collection!

Check out the episode, then head over to our Facebook page for your chance to win!

http://www.facebook.com/furtheradventuresofindianajones

And be sure to drop us a line at:

thefurtheradventures@gmail.com