The Dark Knight Rises

Montana Smith

JP Jones said:
I loved Two-Face in TDK. He was well played by Eckhart and had tremendous special effects, but he really didn't do much. If he doesn't come back I'll be really mad. Plus, his "death" was very mysterious. Dark lighting and they don't show us too much of his face. Can we be sure that it was Two-Face?:)

It's a shame that the script made it clear that he was dead. I mean, how can you kill off a major villain? Not only that, but he'd only just become Two-Face.

I'd be happy if they went with the more 'mysterious' screen death, than the 'dead' death in the script. Otherwise we'll be looking at yet another reboot in the future to bring him back, and I like this incarnation of Batman's world, so I want to see the Nolan style continue with new directors and actors.

teampunk

JP Jones said:
I watched an interview with him and he made it clear, he'd like to return.
sorry, i worded that wrong. he said nolan made it clear to him that two-face dies at the end. which i thought was kind of a waste. and nolan can always change his mind, it is the movies after all. so at the time the interview was given, two-face was dead. but that was a year or two ago, so who knows.

TheMutt92

Tom Hardy cast...

http://www.nolanfans.com/2010/10/13/tom-hardy-joins-cast-of-next-batman-film/

Tom Hardy will be reuniting with Inception director Christopher Nolan on the next Batman film, according to Deadline Hollywood. The details on this news are still quite thin, but word is that young English actor has landed a lead role in the still untitled follow up to 2008′s The Dark Knight. Apparently the role is top secret at the moment. There is no word on whether it?s a villain part or not, but that appears to be the most likely scenario. Hardy was set to star in the upcoming Mad Max film, but that was recently put on hold.

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
And that title is:

"The Dark Knight Rises"

This news comes from Christopher Nolan himself, apparently

The title also rules out the Bane, as that would be The Dark Knight Falls (Knightfall). Unless they introduce Bane in #3, so that #4 (hopefully) brings about Knightfall.

TheMutt92

Kinda wish "The Dark Knight" wasn't part of the title, but maybe this means it'll have more relation to TDK than it had to BB...

Paden

Hmmm...no Riddler. That certainly leaves one curious about the identity of the antagonist, though the linked article suggests it might be Catwoman, based on Nolan interviewing actresses. Although she isn't my favorite villain from the Batman canon, it would be interesting to see how Nolan handles the character.

The Internal Revenue Agent.

IRS_logo.jpg

Pale Horse

Staff member
Paden said:
...That certainly leaves one curious about the identity of the antagonist....

Hugo Strange. He is an insane psychologist and chemical genius who knows Batman's secret identity and lusts to take the identity for himself. Sure a bit like the Joker...but with Batman now on the lamb...it's a perfect fit for Nolan, who likes to return to his ?duality? motifs over and over again

"The most dangerous man in the world! Scientist, philosopher and a criminal genius ... little is known of him, yet this man is undoubtedly the greatest organizer of crime in the world." ~Bruce Wayne

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Hugo Strange. He is an insane psychologist and chemical genius who knows Batman's secret identity and lusts to take the identity for himself. Sure a bit like the Joker...but with Batman now on the lamb...it's a perfect fit for Nolan, who likes to return to his ?duality? motifs over and over again

"The most dangerous man in the world! Scientist, philosopher and a criminal genius ... little is known of him, yet this man is undoubtedly the greatest organizer of crime in the world." ~Bruce Wayne

http://spider-bob.com/villains/dc/DrHugoStrange.htm

HugoStrange01.jpg

Hypothetical villians and actors:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ChroniclesofMoeniaArcis/news/?a=7288

kongisking

I was hoping for it to be called "The Caped Crusader," but on second thought, maybe that's too campy-sounding. I do like the title they chose, though. It's got a really cool "Wrath of Khan"-like sound to it. And I'm fine with no Riddler as villain. I trust Nolan, and there must have been a good reason why he didn't want to do the Riddler, or he would have definitely used him. I'm banking on Catwoman now. PLEASE be played by Angelina Jolie!

TheMutt92

Only villains I can think of that would fit into TDKR:

Black Mask - represents the crime element. He is both Batman and Bruce Wayne's nemesis
Catwoman - would serve as anti-hero/villainess, while also playing Bruce's love interest (and would further the theme of duality shown in Batman and potentially Black Mask)
Harvey Bullock - because Gordon has really been the only prominent cop figure in these films, and he was always an interesting character in the animated series: his drive to arrest Batman would force Gordon to confront his own potential misgivings about Batman
Scarecrow - despite his minor appearance in TDK, it would be interesting to see the character return to prominence in one form or another
Caldendar Man - orginally this role would've been fulfilled by the Joker: the villain who, despite being locked up, controls and knows more about outside happenings than either Batman or the police
Bane/Hush - I really should know more about these guys. But from what little I do, it'd be interesting to see them.
Dr. Hugo Strange - Batman's original archnemisis, predating the Joker and Catwoman by a couple of months

(I could potentially see Tom Hardy playing several of these villains: ranging anywhere between Black Mask, Harvey Bullock, Hush, or Bane)

JP Jones

Indy Scout 117 said:
http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/10/27/christoper-nolan-says-the-riddler-will-not-be-the-villain-in-batman-sequel/

NOOOOO!!! Riddler wont be the villain in Dark Knight Rises!!! leaves me curious as to who it is...:confused:
This news is making me think that we're going to get the dark knight again except even more realistic and gritty. What made Begins (and TDK I guess) great batman movies is that they had all the familiar batman elements and characters from the comics and cartoons, but presented them in a modern, realistic way.

Without the (Zodiac killer... COME ON! that would've been awesome) Riddler, all signs point to an unfamiliar villian that only batfans know.

'm thinking this franchise is drifting towards no longer being recognizable as "batman".