Are we ok with no Staff of Kings on PS3 or 360?

Assuming it's true, is it acceptable that Staff of Kings wont come out on PS3 or 360?

• Yes that's fine, and I own one of the console it DOES come out on

Votes: 35 36.8%
  • Yes that's fine, and I don't own a console it will come out on

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • No it's unacceptable, and I own one of the consoles it comes out on

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • No it's unacceptable, and I don't own a console it will come out on

Votes: 26 27.4%

• Total voters

Vance

Dyonus said:
Well, as long as the game will work on the 360 without any problem, they could technically release the Xbox version for the 360 and none would be the wiser. I've played the Halo games and Fable on my 360 because I never had an original Xbox, but these were THE games to play, so I bought them. That is the thing that the 360 had over the PS3 is that they never stopped making 360 units that could handle backwards compatibility.

Why do X360 fanbois resort to lying constantly? Honestly.

The PS3 software emulator (which is the 'new' thing on the smaller units) does indeed work, and works better than the one for the X360 (which was notorious for its entire lifespan of not actually running most XBox games).

As a practical matter, if your really just wanting to play PS2 games, then just go get a PS2 (it's under $100 now, and still widely sold, and remains the #1 console at the moment). But I've yet to hear of a reputable PS3 owner (as in, someone not an X360 fanboi claiming to have a PS3 that won't play DVDs, play PS2 games, but does spontaneously erupt into a vortex of demons which kill puppies) having issues with backwards compatibility.

Billy Ray

I'm with Doc Whiskey. While I would have preferred to have it on the 360 and am dissapointed that I won't, I'm still happy to be getting a new Indy title at all...and for a platform that I do own (Wii).

Morning Bell

The Tingler said:
I don't think point-and-click games are bad - the exact opposite in fact. It's just there's no way LucasArts are going to make a new one, especially not for Indy.

I love point-and-click adventure games and the Wii is actually well-suited for these. Zak & Wiki and Sam & Max: Season One are both fantastic on the Wii and play extremely well. It would be nice to see LucasArts take advantage of this but, as you said, I think those days are over for them.

HovitosKing

I own a PS3, and at this point really don't care if it comes out on my console or not. At one time I was really excited about this game, but the mind-blowing production delays (assuming it's even still going to happen at all) have helped me to just get over it. Back when Hasbro botched the action figure rollout following KotCS, I went through the same frustration-induced apathy. I quit collecting the action figures and sold off the ones I'd already bought. I'm ready to do the same with Staff of Kings. If it ever does get a release, and it's on PS3, and it gets incredible reviews, and I get excited about it again, then maybe I'll give it a go. That's a lot of "ands" that have to be met first.

P.S. The idea that a game would be made this day and age, and not even attempt to fit one of the major modern consoles, is just pathetic.

SS Indy

I actually still use my PS2 the most while I also have a Wii and X-Box 360. :p
Don't really care on what platform it comes out, I'll just be happy to see it finally happen! (y)

Dyonus

Vance said:

The PS3 software emulator (which is the 'new' thing on the smaller units) does indeed work, and works better than the one for the X360 (which was notorious for its entire lifespan of not actually running most XBox games).

As a practical matter, if your really just wanting to play PS2 games, then just go get a PS2 (it's under $100 now, and still widely sold, and remains the #1 console at the moment). But I've yet to hear of a reputable PS3 owner (as in, someone not an X360 fanboi claiming to have a PS3 that won't play DVDs, play PS2 games, but does spontaneously erupt into a vortex of demons which kill puppies) having issues with backwards compatibility.

First of all, I'm not a fanboy or a fanboi. Second of all, I'm just stating what other PS3 users have told me: the revised systems aren't backwards compatible...which is what I've been told by PS3 owners. (I know, I said that twice, but I was emphasizing it.)

In all honesty, I've only had my 360 for a little over a month and most of the games I got on it can be purchased on other systems. The reason I got this console was that it's cheaper than PS3 and isn't as gimicky as the Wii. Plus it came with Lego Indiana Jones.

Uh-oh...looks like we're both guilty of assuming.

The Tingler

Vance said:

Why do Sony fanboys insist on leaping into every forum thread they can in order to accuse people of being 360 fanboys?

I'm sure it would be cheaper to buy the original Xbox, and it'd look and play better too. Because of the PS2 struggling on to life we're likely going to end up with Staff of Kings looking worse than Emperor's Tomb, a 6-year-old game.

I can't comment about backwards compatibility with the PS3 in the rest of the world, because here in Europe they screwed us over and cut it out completely.

Canyon

Canyon is back, and with a vengance!!!

Well, not really, but... :eek:

I am extremely angry that after buying an Xbox 360 two months ago (and specifically for this game) that it appears that its not going to be coming out on this system. :mad:

I am getting increasingly sick and tired of Indy fans once more being left out. :(

Take the new soundtracks for instance. I was really happy at getting these but notice that there is still stuff missing from them. :eek: For instance, I have (from a fellow Indy fan) eight pieces of music from the Last Crusade soundtrack that were not on there and I don't understand why they had to put separate tracks from the soundtracks on a separate disc. :confused:

BTW, I voted for... No it's unacceptable, and I own one of the consoles it comes out on

Vance

The Tingler said:
Why do Sony fanboys insist on leaping into every forum thread they can in order to accuse people of being 360 fanboys?

I've got all the systems, so my 'loyalty' to Sony is pretty questionable. And I'm outright calling you a Microsoft Fanboi. What I'm accusing you of is lying.

I do like that the PS2 catalog keeps growing as a 'budget gaming platform', but, really, the very idea that a brand new Indiana Jones game is being released on last generation consoles only is absurd.

Really, though, this is much more a statement on the sorry state of game development in general these days than actually a statement on any of the new consoles.

I can't comment about backwards compatibility with the PS3 in the rest of the world, because here in Europe they screwed us over and cut it out completely.

This is true, and it's moronic. The emulator was supposed to be a downloadable feature there (and, indeed, there IS a downloadable but questionably-legal version out there), but SoE decided that the still very-strong PS2 was a competitor to the PS3 and nixed it.

The Tingler

Vance said:
I've got all the systems, so my 'loyalty' to Sony is pretty questionable. And I'm outright calling you a Microsoft Fanboi. What I'm accusing you of is lying.
Actually, I'm a Sega Fanboy.

Finn

Staff member
Lao_Che said:
Once I opened that link and saw the figures, I must say I had a hearty laugh.

It may not have all the glorious next-gen features, but pushing it out for THAT market is surely one hell of a consolidation prize.

Last edited:

RONDC20

Ok I own both a PS3 and an X-BOX 360 and for the most part I'm pretty happy with both of them. Their not perfect and there are things that I don't like about one or the other, but in general I'm glad that I got them and I am enjoying them both immensely. I'm not a fanboy of either system. I'm pretty much neutral on it.

On the other hand I do find the Wii to be gimicky and lame, but even I have to admit that it's not all bad, it's just not for me. There are some great games for the Wii, but their few and far between.

So I for one am VERY disappointed about this. In fact yesterday I was practically Livid about it, but since then I've calmed down.

Yea the game looks like utter garbage. How it's even possible that it actually looks worse than Emperor's Tomb is beyond me, but the fact is that it's Indiana Jones and I am gonna buy the PS2 version.

So basically I'm not OK with it not coming out on PS3 and X-BOX 360, but there's nothing I can do about it. I can ***** and moan till I'm blue in the face (which I did lol) but at the end of the day theres nothing we can really do, but we all still like to complain.

Last edited:

Perhilion

Oh, yes, we're perfectly ok with the revolutionary new Indiana Jones game we were promised being delayed and delayed and then finally canceled all together and replaced with something that looks worse than a PS1 game and will most likely play like crap, too. Emperor's Tomb looks better than this tripe! But I probably will buy it for PS2 and PSP. Even I'm not sure why.

Montana_Jones

Oh, so The Force Unleashed also gets released on PS3 and XBOX 360 but LucasArts is saying a big **** YOU to those owners for Indiana Jones?:mad:

No Ticket

Wow. I wasn't aware until now they canceled it. Pretty much can say I don't care about this game at all anymore. I mean, really, the 360/PS3 version is THE VERSION of the game they were focusing on and everyone wanted to play. Nobody goes crazy over the PSP/DS versions of games like that. It was ALL about the nex-gen. Why did they cancel?

That's so lame. I mean that's ridiculously lame.

(n) to you LucasArts (n)

And the video game section on TheRaider.net is not working so it doesn't list the story that probably originally reported the cancellation... http://www.theraider.net/news/index_games.php

It's not listing any articles for me.

brookystreet

That's ridiculous, I sold my PS2 thinking that they would stop making games for them and then got an XBOX 360.

Now they have the cheek to release it on the PS2 and not the XBOX 360! :mad: