Is "ET-no-save-possibilities" annoying or what?

Clintwood

OK, :rolleyes: perhaps I'm repeating myself, but I can't help getting frustated over this.

Almost finished the last level on Ceylon (captured the croc and done all f-ing jumps), then what happens...I get killed by the croc at my final move to the shore! Then I have to start the level all over again! :mad: oaaaa! :mad: is this irritating or what? If there had been normal save possibilities, I would of corce have saved before I went for the last swim.

Can anyone please tell these guys at the Collective or Lucas Arts or whatever to please change this till the next Indy game! (or give the an offer they can't refuse...) :mad:

Anyway, I've now passed the Ceylon chapter after repeating all my moves in the last level. Hmmm...perhaps I should go back play IF instead...where I can save my games at anytime...!;)

MP3

Padawan, a word of advice - you may do well to do a search on the Raven before posting. If I had a dollar for every time a thread was started about this topic, I'd probably be richer than Bill Gates himself. ;)

Anyway, yes, it is very frustrating - but then again, in some ways it's an added challenge - being able to save whenever you want makes it no big deal to finish the game, while like this it's more challenging.

Clintwood

OK Mr. MP3, I'm sorry if you think I haven't been scanning the forum.

As a matter of fact, I've been doing just that, and it helped me alot, especially in Indy IF.

Regarding my complaints in ET, I haven't found any real complaints regarding the no-save-function (at least not the last 100 day's, and what do you expect...).

My present position in ET is concluding the Prague chapter, and I can tell you, I even more hate this no-save-function. I'm considering to visit Mr Lucas himself to give him some recommendations about the next game.

OK you think, ...why doesn't this looser just stop playing. Well the problem is that I still love the game! :cool:

MP3

It's OK, take it easy - I'm not accusing you of anything - it was just a word of advice: you could have typed "quicksave" in the text box in the search function, and you would have saved yourself some trouble. I personally don't care if you repost old topics - it doesn't bother me; it's just for your own good, so that you don't have to wait a few days for someone to respond. ;)

The lack of a quicksave feature doesn't bother me so much, simply because I never took it for granted - after all, I've never played IM; and the other 3D games that I've played (such as the Rainbow Six series [particularly Rouge Spear] and Quake III Arena) don't allow you to save your game in the middle of a level either.

The level in which I most despise the lack of a quicksave feature is the first level in the Emperor's Tomb itself - it's a very long, complicated level, and continuosly restarting it becomes VERY annoying. :(

One final thing: don't worry, no matter how big of a loser you may be, I would NEVER tell you to stop playing ET - the game is so great, I can't bear the thought of preventing someone from playing it under any circumstances. ;)

Canyon

Clintwood. Sorry to hear that you are having problems with that particular level of Emperor's Tomb.

My friend. You are not a loser. When I first played this game I felt more than a bit intimiated by the controls not to mention the bad guys, but after a while you find yourself doing things automatically.

Keep trying and before long you won't even be thinking about save options. Trust me. ;)

Yolegoman

Mp3, I simply love that level on Emperor's Tomb: "The Tomb of the First Emperor". :D

I have sat down and loaded that level, played it, then killed myself just before I beated it so I could play it over again.

That level is one of their best ones! As well as the one after that, awesome traps, but to much fighting.

-Yolego

MP3

Yes, but not when your purpose is to actually pass it. For example, a while back I decided to use all of my save game slots by naming them sequentially as follows: "MOISHE" "IS" "THE" "BEST" "INDIANA" JONES" "PLAYER" "ON" "PLANET" "EARTH". Then, I would complete the game in each file on hard mode. Thus, anyone who plays ET on my computer would go to the load game screen and be faced with my declaration, along with proof to back it: 10 games completed in hard mode... What do you think of that idea? ;):D;) Yes, I know what you're gonna say - that it can't be true, since you are the world's greatest Indy player. But hey, it's just a matter of opinion... ;)

Anyway, when I'm trying to battle my way through the game 10 times, I don't need to play "The Tomb of the First Emperor" ten million times to enjoy it; I'll have plenty more of that when I play the game the next few times. At a time like that, I want to see how efficient I am at passing each level on the first try or two, so that I can live up to my claim. ;)

Yolegoman

Yeah, I did one username where I tried to beat all of them on the first try... for the most part, I did it too. There were a few I messed up on, but not many.

I need to sit down and play that game again... :D

It sure woops Halo. *shudders*