Error in Infernal Machine

Hi.
When I play the Infernal Machine on windows XP it crash when I use the submachine gun and shotgun.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
PS I have the patch installed.

nd

Simply use the Windows Media Player workaround - it sounds unbelievable and nobody could yet explain why it works, but it does!

Just open the Windows Media Player. You can then minimize it, it just should remain running. Then start Infernal Machine. It should now work fine.

nd said:
Simply use the Windows Media Player workaround - it sounds unbelievable and nobody could yet explain why it works, but it does!

Just open the Windows Media Player. You can then minimize it, it just should remain running. Then start Infernal Machine. It should now work fine.
Thank you but it didnt work.
Now I find out that the game crashes when I use every rifle.:(

nd

Sorry, please believe me I didn't want to cause you more trouble than you already had. I previously had the exact same problem and the "Media Player Workaround" cured it. Sorry if it didn't work for you. Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas now...

Johan

Captain Defence said:
Hi.
When I play the Infernal Machine on windows XP it crash when I use the submachine gun and shotgun.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
PS I have the patch installed.

You were able to get Infernal Machine working on XP?? how? I ran compatiblity wizard and everything. I played it on my old computer with WIN98 but I didn't think you can play it on Xp

Jay R. Zay

nd said:
Sorry, please believe me I didn't want to cause you more trouble than you already had. I previously had the exact same problem and the "Media Player Workaround" cured it. Sorry if it didn't work for you. Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas now...

i vote for banning nd.

Finn

Staff member
Hey, that "media player workaround", it's for real. I've witnessed it myself. I currently have IM installed on my XP system and it has issues running on its own, but no problem whatsoever when you just have Windows Media 10 open in the taskbar.

Tennessee R

Wow! Had no idea about the WMP thing.

I've had the crash problem with the bazooka, shotgun, sub-machine gun, etc. etc. and never have been able to fix it. This is great.

There's just one problem. I got a new computer, and I went to load IM and I can't find one disk.

Don't know what to do.

JerryKing

The Machine simply blows up on some levels under XP if "loud" weapons such as the machine pistol or the rocket launcher are used. I believe I "fixed" it in mine by disabling the sound completely either in the game or in the OS itself, but since there's little point in doing that, I just avoided using the noisy weapons... they're not necessary at all, anyway.