KOTCS had the most brutal fist fight

Darth Vile

Quickening said:
So are you saying that the dialogue, CGI and script were good? I just didn't think that anyone would see elements that were flat out bad by any measure as being good.

"Where have they gone, space?"

"No, they've gone to the space between spaces"

Yes, if anyone thinks that this film is an example of good writing (for one thing) Im going to say they are wrong because it simply isn't.

You keep proving my point time and time again within your own posts...

Let me ask you a question. Do you like the other movies? If so, please explain why "Hang on wady we go for wide", "yes I understand it's power now" or "If you are a Scottish Lord then I am Mickey Mouse" are better pieces of dialogue. I must have missed the meeting where the world agreed that the dialogue in Indiana Jones movies was anything but goofy and the definition of great dialogue was etched in stone...

Or perhaps you are one of those bury your head in the sand types that thinks the stop animation dolls of TOD were far superior... I must have missed that meeting as well.

Picking him up by the ear is brutal? Maybe if he bit it off. At least Indy bit the German Mechanics arm to escape from his stranglehold. The jungle fight is just totally uninspired and unchoreographed. It's sloppy and lazy.

Quickening

Darth Vile said:
You keep proving my point time and time again within your own posts...

Let me ask you a question. Do you like the other movies? If so, please explain why "Hang on wady we go for wide", "yes I understand it's power now" or "If you are a Scottish Lord then I am Mickey Mouse" are better pieces of dialogue. I must have missed the meeting where the world agreed that the dialogue in Indiana Jones movies was anything but goofy and the definition of great dialogue was etched in stone...

The thing is that the dialogue in the original trilogy makes sense and isn't nonsensical. That's the difference. It may not have been Shakespeare but it wasn't drivel either.

Darth Vile

Agent Spalko said:
Picking him up by the ear is brutal? Maybe if he bit it off. At least Indy bit the German Mechanics arm to escape from his stranglehold. The jungle fight is just totally uninspired and unchoreographed. It's sloppy and lazy.

Not as sloppy and as lazy as the Pat Roach fight from TOD. You can even tell it's not Harrison in MOST of the shots other than his close ups. So for me the fight in KOTCS has to be just behind Raiders.

Darth Vile

Quickening said:
The thing is that the dialogue in the original trilogy makes sense and isn't nonsensical. That's the difference. It may not have been Shakespeare but it wasn't drivel either.

Please explain why.... Articulate your point better. You are just taking a contrary view. We can keep stating "I think it's better because I think it's better" ad infinitum my friend.

Quickening

Darth Vile said:
Please explain why.... Articulate your point better. You are just taking a contrary view. We can keep stating "I think it's better because I think it's better" ad infinitum my friend.

Well the examples you gave from the original trilogy mean something. The example I gave earlier, "space between spaces", means absolutely nothing. It's the kind of dialogue contrived to give the impression of depth where there is none.
I should say that I didn't hate this film. I actually had fun watching it. But it really disappointed me as the last installment in the Indiana Jones saga. It should have been awesome not merely "fun".

The_Raiders

Agent Spalko said:

Hhhmmm yeah, I wonder if someone picking you up and having all your weight hanging on your ear is brutal. Agent Splako, I think you have made it very clear you hate the movie, most people who don't like it I can respect their opinions, but all you do is tear almost everything 'Indiana Jones' apart, so why are you on an Indy fan board?

CasualJeff

Yes it was a great fight, but I thought the ants were quite cool too.

The ants were cool, in concept. But CGI is never better than practical effects. I was never 100% convinced that they were really there.

Gah. "Ignore the bad CGI, script, dialogue, pacing, premise and everything else and just enjoy it because it's Indiana Jones."

We're not saying anybody should force themselves to like a crappy movie. But don't some of you haters think that maybe you're going a bit overboard with the criticisms? You're acting like this is the worst movie ever made. Just about every aspect of the movie is getting picked at. Are you really this demanding of every other movie?

I won't lie. I walked out of KotCS disappointed. It's probably the worst Indiana Jones movie(I'll have to see it a second time to be sure; it might be slightly better than Temple of Doom).

...but I really don't think KotCS is nearly as bad as the haters make it out to be. In fact, as I read through this board and am reminded of scenes, I realize that it was actually a pretty fun adventure movie. Better than most others of its kind, in my opinion. The only thing it doesn't live up to is Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade. So I definitely understand where the haters are coming from, but I have to wonder how much some people around here would like the original Indy movies if they were watching today for the first time.

Last edited:
The_Raiders said:
Hhhmmm yeah, I wonder if someone picking you up and having all your weight hanging on your ear is brutal. Agent Splako, I think you have made it very clear you hate the movie, most people who don't like it I can respect their opinions, but all you do is tear almost everything 'Indiana Jones' apart, so why are you on an Indy fan board?

My love for the other Indy films demands that I hate this abomination that passes itself off as an Indy film and I will continue to deconstruct why it is a failure and a travesty to the contention of those who blindly continue defend it.

The_Raiders

Agent Spalko said:
My love for the other Indy films demands that I hate this abomination that passes itself off as an Indy film and I will continue to
deconstruct why it is a failure and a travesty to the contention of those who blindly continue defend it.

Not liking it is one thing, but on these boards it's like you critisize EVERYTHING Indy, not just kOTCS.

The_Raiders said:
Not liking it is one thing, but on these boards it's like you critisize EVERYTHING Indy, not just kOTCS.

Don't like my opinions, ignore them. I have as much right to state my opinion here as anybody else does. Just because you don't want to hear it that's just too f'n bad.

The_Raiders

Agent Spalko said:
Don't like my opinions, ignore them. I have as much right to state my opinion here as anybody else does. Just because you don't want to hear it that's just too f'n bad.

Don't like Indiana Jones get off an Indy fan board. I havn't been the only one to say that :hat:

The_Raiders

Agent Spalko said:
I love Indiana Jones. I hate KOTCS. If you have a problem with that, tough.

You hate KOTCS, that's ok, but when you tear every last bit of it apart it impacts other peoples opinions on it who havn't seen it yet, so they go to the theatre expecting to hate it.

nitzsche

Agent Spalko said:
I love Indiana Jones. I hate KOTCS. If you have a problem with that, tough.

We love Indiana Jones. We hate you. If you have a problem with that, tough.

We will continue to explain why you are a git and how much we want you to go away but privately hope you don't so we can continue to bash you as hard as you bash KotCS.

(y)

The_Raiders said:
You hate KOTCS, that's ok, but when you tear every last bit of it apart it impacts other peoples opinions on it who havn't seen it yet, so they go to the theatre expecting to hate it.

Give people some credit to make up their own minds. I'm not here to persuade them that my opinion is right, merely to state my opinion and I'm not the only one who thinks KOTCS is a POS. Why the hell do you care what other people think anyway? Last time I checked there was still a right to free speech. You can agree with it or not but telling people to get off the board if they don't share your one-sided opinion is a fascist mentality.

Quickening

The_Raiders said:

BWAHAHA... OUR EVIL PLAN IS SUCCEEDING YOU HAVE DONE WELL LORD SPALKO

But seriously, while we're talking about the film, another bit I didn't like was when the Commie car crashed into the statue of Marcus Brody... and its head fell off. It was like it was meant to be funny but wasn't at all. Felt a bit sacrilegious.
But the whole motorbike chase was the one action sequence I think they did well (well except for the retarded ending where the student asks Indy a question about his work after he just wrecked the library). Really, why couldn't they have done all the action sequences like the motorbike one. Just good old fashioned stuntwork and no CGI. It's weird how people say "they had to use CGI" as if the original trilogy doesn't exist :dead:

Raiders of Clay

Your right about this. This fight was way more intense. I still love the raiders fight. The part when Indy trys throwing a big right, misses, and then the huge Nazi jabs him, his knees buckel, and he falls and waves his hand in a plea of surrender. I laugh everytime at that.