Nightmare on Elm Street 2010

The Man

Mandatory Jock Joins Up...

ShockTillYouDrop.com has learned Thomas Dekker is in final negotiations to join the cast as "Jesse,"* a jock on the swim team.

*Wasn't that the name of the lead kid in Freddy's Revenge..?

DocWhiskey

The Man said:
*Wasn't that the name of the lead kid in Freddy's Revenge..?

Yeah, Jesse Walsh I believe.

Doubt it's the same character. Maybe it's homage? Or maybe they're going some where with it.

The Man

Get Your Speedos On, Chicago!

According to the Daily Herald, Elk Grove High School Principal Nancy Holman confirmed that her school was one of two Chicago-area campuses that would be featured in A Nightmare on Elm Street.

"They contacted, I think, schools all over the nation," she said, adding that New Line was looking for a site that had a pool.

In addition to the pool, the film will show the exterior of the building, she said.

Filming will include students swimming in the pool, with students auditioning for the chance.

The Man

Needs a lick of paint and a lot of love...

elmstreet050409.jpg

Their blogging the shoot, too...

Our script gets better all the time, and things that were discussed and hated here are no longer a part of the story.

It will be an exhausting movie with 7 weeks of night shoots.

roundshort

YouNeverKnow said:
Did anybody else think he sounded like Jim Carrey from The Grinch? :D

TOTALLY!

This looks really, really bad. Loved F13 reboot, but his is like they took the same images form the real NOES. will be a dvder at best.

deckard24

Well, it looks slick like a typical Platinum Dunes horror remake, and I can't say I'm too crazy about the shot-for-shot scenes (the bathtub), but the fact that Haley is in it, is enough for me to check it out when it hits theaters. I was a huge Freddy fan as a kid, so there's definitely a nostalgic pull for me, but I'll hold out making any real judgements until I see the film.

The makeup is interesting, but I'm not sure yet how I feel about it, I kind of miss the more demonic look of Englund. Also, the shot of Freddy ripping off his jacket like Superman, with the reveal of his sweater underneath, made me chuckle!

Overall this is one that I'll definitely go see, but I'm not counting on anything too amazing. Hopefully I'll be surprised.

DocWhiskey

I think regardless the quality of the film, Jackie Earl Haley will be a great Krueger. He's become one of my favorite actors.

Nurhachi1991

Why does NEw Freddy look like Voldemort from the Harry Potter movies?

and why is the human Freddy a Pansy?

" Whatever you think I did I diddn't do!"

What a babY! Robert would of been like yeah I killed them kids and I enjoyed it

deckard24

Nurhachi1991 said:
Why does NEw Freddy look like Voldemort from the Harry Potter movies?

and why is the human Freddy a Pansy?

" Whatever you think I did I diddn't do!"

What a babY! Robert would of been like yeah I killed them kids and I enjoyed it
To answer your question, it looks like they might be making Freddy a sympathetic character, who was falsely accused and murdered? I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went that route, considering they did that with Michael Myers, Leatherface, and Jason in the reboots.

We need a real good shot of Freddy to see what they've done with the makeup, not just a glimpse in the shadows. I really loved the original makeup from the first few films, but I'm starting to warm to the idea of a realistic burned face for Ol' Fred.

One thing is for sure, the dream sequences look sick!

Nurhachi1991

deckard24 said:
To answer your question, it looks like they might be making Freddy a sympathetic character, who was falsely accused and murdered? I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went that route, considering they did that with Michael Myers, Leatherface, and Jason in the reboots.

We need a real good shot of Freddy to see what they've done with the makeup, not just a glimpse in the shadows. I really loved the original makeup from the first few films, but I'm starting to warm to the idea of a realistic burned face for Ol' Fred.

One thing is for sure, the dream sequences look sick!

Thats what Im afraid of..... Part of what made Freddy so great was that he was PURE EVIL as Nancy's mother put it " He was a filthy child murderer. I mean the idea of a man taking small children into his boiler room and than torturing and killing them is just terrifying and that made his character terrifying.

But a sypathetic Freddy just doesnt do it for me.

deckard24

Nurhachi1991 said:
Thats what Im afraid of..... Part of what made Freddy so great was that he was PURE EVIL as Nancy's mother put it " He was a filthy child murderer. I mean the idea of a man taking small children into his boiler room and than torturing and killing them is just terrifying and that made his character terrifying.

But a sypathetic Freddy just doesnt do it for me.
Exactly!

Jackie Earle Haley is playing Freddy Krueger, the "Bastard Son of a 1000 Maniacs", not reprising his role from Little Children (where oddly enough he played another child molester).

That can't feel too good, when you're the go-to child molester for today's casting directors. LOL