One of you has to go...who's it going to be?

Which Indiana Jones adventure do you kill?

• Raiders of the Lost Ark

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Temple of Doom

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Last Crusade

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Crystal Skull

Votes: 49 61.3%

• Total voters

Darth Vile

I'm not sure what the issue is with choosing Raiders for the one to go. It's personally my overall favourite of the saga, but its also a movie of its time. I can completely understand that for someone who didn't view the movies in order, or saw them all at the same time, Raiders may seem a little slower, more pedestrian and not as "glossy" as the others (my nephews think its a bit "boring" compared to the others). I obviously wouldn't agree with that... But I can certainly understand that view.

Darth Vile

The Stranger said:
Nice thread, but... c'mon...

... a total of 20 people (TWENTY :confused:) voted for "Temple" or "Crusade"??

REALLY???

Its called free choice, it's called an opinion... and sometimes they don't all align to yours. Funny that. :)

The Stranger said:
Nice thread, but... c'mon...a total of 20 people(TWENTY :confused:) voted for "Temple" or "Crusade"? REALLY?

...just goes to show you what a sequel spawns, and the elbows you're rubbing around here...

DeepSixFix

Darth Vile said:
Wow... I thought everyone liked the dialogue and delivery by Connery/Ford in TLC. That dialogue and the on screen chemistry between the two is one of the best elements of the entire series...
To me the best element is a rogue, dark character with a mysterious background...not one running around yelling "Dad!"

Mickiana

I think the person voting for Raiders is just being a bit of a devil's advocate, or contrary, rabble rouser or something because they cannot be serious.

DocWhiskey

DeepSixFix said:
To me the best element is a rogue, dark character with a mysterious background...not one running around yelling "Dad!"

Oh, come on, he's Indiana Jones not Batman. And his movies show the different sides to him. Sure, LC was leaning in a lighter direction, but it was damn good none the less.

DocWhiskey said:
Oh, come on, he's Indiana Jones not Batman. And his movies show the different sides to him. Sure, LC was leaning in a lighter direction, but it was damn good none the less.

When picking one that HAS to go, I think I'd much prefer an Indiana Jones yelling Dad then a Willie yelling period...(or on it). If I'm looking for a flick featuring a femme fatale perpetually PMSing it'd be Mommy Dearest.

Robyn

I know KOTCS is one of the weakest ones but there's no way I'm letting the wedding go! So that one's gonna have to stay.... There's a lot of things I like about ToD, but if one HAS to go, it's gonna have to be that one. Although I'd get rid of Elsa before Willie anyday!

As of now almost 60 people have voted...for reasons of their own over a year after the newest installment:

40% of the Raven voters would keep Crystal Skull almost evenly over Temple or Crusade, although close Temple loses to Crusade yet again.

60% are faithfull to the original trilogy.

No one has the balls to admit not wanting or liking Raiders!

So this is the community you're a part of...including the sole weasel!:hat:

deckard24

Rocket Surgeon said:
No one has the balls to admit not wanting or liking Raiders!
So this is the community you're a part of...including the sole weasel!:hat:
I'm still waiting for the one to stand up and be counted. I'm really interested to hear their reasons why, but I'm now suspecting it was done for shock value and that it's not legit.

macca1980

I chose Crystal Skull simply because I felt disappointed when I saw it at the cinema, maybe because I had hyped it up too much beforehand or maybe because I grew up with the others it had a lot to live up to... I didnt like the fact that Indy got proved wrong in CS ( "Theres always another explanation...")

Should have left it more mysterious as to the origin of the skull. I.e In Raiders , you dont know if the spirits are ghosts or where the ark is from.The CG spaceship & inter-dimensional being contibute mostly to my disappointment.

I have since made my peace with the movie & bought the blu-ray version & watched a few times.

Still ...its the one I would do without.

deckard24 said:
I'm still waiting for the one to stand up and be counted. I'm really interested to hear their reasons why, but I'm now suspecting it was done for shock value and that it's not legit.

That Crusade and Temple are running such a close race is pretty interesting...

Sharkey

It would have been Temple, but besides the first half of Crystal Skull it's just too boring!

Oh, and the Aliens CGI monkeys Mutt Marion and on and on.

The Drifter

Sharkey said:
It would have been Temple, but besides the first half of Crystal Skull it's just too boring!

Oh, and the Aliens CGI monkeys Mutt Marion and on and on.

The first half of Kingdom is what many consider to be the best parts. But, to each his own, eh?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Lonsome_Drifter said:
The first half of Kingdom is what many consider to be the best parts. But, to each his own, eh?

Maybe he was saying that it's boring <I>apart from</I> the first half, that is, that the second half is the boring part? But who knows.

I agree with you, though - the first half is the good half.

The Drifter

Attila the Professor said:
Maybe he was saying that it's boring <I>apart from</I> the first half, that is, that the second half is the boring part? But who knows.

Yeah, I reread it and it could be took both ways.

Sharkey

Attila the Professor said:

Yes, the first half is the best part.

Finn

Staff member
If there was no Raiders, there would be no other three films. The vote for Raiders didn't state that it's being the weakest film of the series, it was a statement that says "all or nothing".

Also, Raiders stands head and shoulders above the rest. Those I enjoy equally. They have their own pros and cons, and deserve equal merit. There is no way to pick one of them to be the ultimate worst to go. So by logic, we pick the one that stands out then.

Also, it'd be interesting to know what kind of reception KotCS would get if it had only ToD and LC to compare to...

TheMutt92

I went w/ TOD. Its the weakest in my opinion (the first half of KOTCS is on par w/ anything done in Raiders) and the one I'm most likely to shrug off. Plus, there's almost a sense of some sorta continuity between ROTLA, LC, and KOTCS. I know the series was meant to serve as standalone episodes, but Lucas and Spielberg clearly like revisitng past characters and experiences.