What did you do with your VHS?

Johan

Maybe someone can make a poll out of this but a democratic dialogue is fun too.
When you got the Indy DVD's what did you do with your VHS?

Sell them?
Keep them?
Give them away?
Throw them away?

I'm really curious... I gave mine to someone less fortunate that has only a VCR and many kids needing an Indy experience.

Johan

Sometimes I wish I kept them as a collectors item, but it's not like they were the original trilogy covers, they were just the box set ...all to common. SO I put thm into use.

LASTCRUSADER

I gave mine away to my 8 year old cousin. He now watches them all the time. I figured I would do my part to help keep the younger generation interested.

spohlso

My wife called Goodwill the other day and had them pick up a bunch of clothes. I looked at all my VHS tapes and realized that I don't even have a VCR anymore! I put all my tapes in a box next to the clothes for pick up. I held onto home movie to transfer to DVD. (I also kept my copy of the original Star Wars for transfer too since the Special Edition will be the only thing available on DVD.)

Raiders of the Lost Ark (and many other cool movies) will soon be available for cheap at a thrift store somewhere in Chicago.

Katarn07

Mine are underneath my TV. I doubt I'll watch them again but why give them away? The boxes aren't in good shape either so they're not worth finding a spot to display them or anything.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
I keep them as well.
If I knew I'd do someone a pleasure by giving it to him/ her.. I probably would.
But as that's not the case?

theinfiniteweird

Ebay! Someone bought mine, but I don't have the DVDs. I'm very sad now...I should've put all 175 of my movies but Indiana Jones on there. No one's bought Turner and Hooch yet, so it's getting taken off next time I can edit.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Funny you should ask.

There I was, working for Fed Ex at the time, when all of the sudden, I found myself stranded on a tropical island. Now you all have learned that I am a pretty resourceful guy, by reading THIS thread, so it won't surprise you that the one thing I salvaged before crashing down was my VHS collection of Indiana Jones. I had the Special Collectors edition which had the Making of the Raiders of the Lost Ark, as well as an episode of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

Good thing too. While it pained me so, I had to pull all of the magnetic tape out of all five cases (683.68 meters in all) and use it to tie together palm tree stumps I had to cut down with a pair of nail clippers (this was before 9/11) and a shoestring.

:D :D :D :D :D

Gobi-1

Mine are still proudly displayed on my self. My dad actually still watches them because he doesn't know how to work a dvd player.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
I also know some people that don't know how to use a dvd player.
They either don't take the time to 'learn' how to work one? or aren't interested in using them.

spohlso

Putting the disk in threw me at first, but once I figured that part out it wasn't long before I realized that hitting the 'Play' button would make the movie start.

Took me about a year and a half.

S

skywlkrinc

I still have my Indy VHS boxed set (fullscreen) sitting next to my THX Star Wars Original Trilogy boxed set and the special Edition boxed set and the boxed set for the original VHS release of Episode I.

Luke

Indyologist

I still have mine. Even though I got the DVD set delivered to my home the day they came out, I just don't have the heart to get rid of my VHS tapes. I guess I'm just a sentimental fool. :rolleyes: