General Star Wars discussion

Montana Smith

Jackson said:
We should all get together and round up Harrison Ford and get him to fly us to skywalker ranch in his helicopter. Harrison can land us in Lucas's backyard and we can raid skywalker ranch all of us dressed like Indiana Jones and waving angry bullwhips as Harrison dressed as Indiana Jones leads the charge....:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: We then capture George Lucas before he can sacrifice Indy to Mickey...:dead: :dead: :dead:

Jackson

And this is why I don't play dress-up, or regard myself as an 'Indy fan'. :p

I.M.J.

Henry W Jones said:
To me 5 years down the road means no Ford and if he doesn't play Indy its just The Mummy in Indys skin. I don't want a reboot and I would have liked one more film before HF is not able. Any reboot would be a joke to me and I don't feel rehashing material is always the way to go. SW works cuz it can stretch into different time periods and the characters can change. Its not called "Luke Skywalker and the........" So while there might be some knock off reboot down the road..... the days of the "Real" Indiana Jones on the silver screen are in the past unless they have another marathon.

If there's any good prospect about Indy, it's maybe we'd see an animated Indy somewhere down the road that coincides with those Disney-style art pieces that we saw a while back. That'd be okay, and the original cast could be used as voice actors if it was a feature film. Just a thought....

Dr. Gonzo

Montana Smith said:
And this is why I don't play dress-up, or regard myself as an 'Indy fan'. :p

<object width="32" height="32" class="hark_player">
<param name="movie" value="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_32x32.swf?pid=dxxnzjtywk"/>
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>
<param name="allownetworking" value="all"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<embed src="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_32x32.swf?pid=dxxnzjtywk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" width="32" height="32" wmode="transparent"></embed>
</object><br/>
<a href="http://www.hark.com/clips/dxxnzjtywk-you-are-part-of-the-rebel-alliance-and-a-traitor" style="font-size: 9px; color: #ddd;" title="Listen to You Are Part of the Rebel Alliance and a Traitor on Hark.com">You Are Part of the Rebel Alliance and a Traitor</a>

hehehe.

Montana Smith

Dr. Gonzo said:
You Are Part of the Rebel Alliance and a Traitor

hehehe.

Rebels have more fun. ;)

han-solo-and-priness-leia-b.gif

Dr. Gonzo

For anyone that cares, 18 years ago today George Lucas began writing the Star Wars prequels...

Moedred said:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kUn3nohOtVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So depending on your point of view (and we all know how important points of views are in Star Wars :rolleyes: ) this is either a day to be long remembered or the day that George Lucas began fondling your childhood...:eek:

Henry W Jones

Dr. Gonzo said:
For anyone that cares, 18 years ago today George Lucas began writing the Star Wars prequels...

So depending on your point of view (and we all know how important points of views are in Star Wars :rolleyes: ) this is either a day to be long remembered or the day that George Lucas began fondling your childhood...:eek:

How did Lucas fondle your childhood? I find people saying Lucas ruined their childhood humorous and ridiculous. Lucas movies were a big part of my childhood but not my childhood. Star Wars was released on DVD a few years back with the unedited versions so you had your opportunity to get them then and probably still can on ebay. Also everyone wants a cleaned up version of it on BluRay. You want your childhood? Then watch the VHS. That "not perfect quality" was there when you first saw it. Do you want it left like it was in your childhood or not? Some of the changes make the films look a lot better and overall I have gotten used to most of them. (Minus one or two. Noo, Noooooo, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!) I think they are his films so if you don't like the changes, find a copy of the version you like (they are out there) and don't worry about if he changes it further. At this point you only have yourself to blame because you keep watching the new versions.

Dr. Gonzo

Henry W Jones said:
How did Lucas fondle your childhood? I find people saying Lucas ruined their childhood humorous and ridiculous. Lucas movies were a big part of my childhood but not my childhood. Star Wars was released on DVD a few years back with the unedited versions so you had your opportunity to get them then and probably still can on ebay. Also everyone wants a cleaned up version of it on BluRay. You want your childhood? Then watch the VHS. That "not perfect quality" was there when you first saw it. Do you want it left like it was in your childhood or not? Some of the changes make the films look a lot better and overall I have gotten used to most of them. (Minus one or two. Noo, Noooooo, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!) I think they are his films so if you don't like the changes, find a copy of the version you like (they are out there) and don't worry about if he changes it further. At this point you only have yourself to blame because you keep watching the new versions.

Did I ever use the words "I" "me" or "my" in my post? ;)

Henry W Jones

Dr. Gonzo said:
Did I ever use the words "I" "me" or "my" in my post? ;)

No offense. Not directed at you. :D Just a generalized statement towards the use of the phase 'Lucas ruined my childhood' Did he ruin your childhood too? :p :hat:

roundshort

Sorry to say, I think this is great news. If anyone won't F up Star Wars (which should have been left alone after 4,5, and the first 1/2 of 6) - it is Disney. I would love to see something dark, ala Empire, with a Pirates Black Pearl vibe.
Congrats to Both!

Pale Horse

Staff member
Disney...has always been about story. Always. When they get the story wrong, we all know it. To that end, their take on some of the most traditional stories is, well genius. In that regard, this is a no-brainer.

But, if you want an idea as to how that story will play out...here's a spoiler.

5744839_700b.jpg

roundshort

The NEw Star Wars Themed Resort in WDW will have ugly green shower curtains? Pale, I think there will be more to it than that!

Ska

Ford would like to play Han Solo again...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/06/would-harrison-ford-return-for-star-wars-episode-vii

by Jim Vejvoda NOVEMBER 5, 2012

The news just keeps getting better for Star Wars fans!

Entertainment Weekly reports that Harrison Ford might -- might -- be back as Han Solo in the newly announced Star Wars: Episode VII, which is slated for a 2015 release.

“Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he’s upbeat about it, all three of them are,” according to EW's "highly placed source" close to Ford. The site adds, though, "Ford won’t go to the next level of contract talks until there’s a script and director in place. Either could be a deal breaker."

Unlike his Indiana Jones franchise, Ford's famously and long been less than enthusiastic about Star Wars and its hold on pop culture. But EW says the new regime at Lucasfilm and the prospect of a hefty Star Wars payday might be enough to whet his appetite to get Han Solo back into the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon one more time.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Ska said:
Ford would like to play Han Solo again...

...as long as he dies. That's the caveat no one is reporting. It's also a trope topic here (insert numerous links from Sam Earch) concerning Indy. Funny how great minds think alike.

roundshort said:
The New Star Wars Themed Resort in WDW will have ugly green shower curtains?

No no...the resort will Rock! Much like SW attractions they already have. The movie will be all CGI, and less organic than the first trilogy. That's all.

Needless to say...our 'lil guy still hasn't been on ST2 since it's reboot...though we really tried to get him on it, this past Saturday.

P.S. look for us in the crowd on the Christmas Day Parade. I have a BFM shirt on and the 'lil guy is sitting on my shoulders.

Last edited:

Ska

Pale Horse said:
...as long as he dies. That's the caveat no one is reporting. It's also a trope topic here (insert numerous links from Sam Earch) concerning Indy. Funny how great minds think alike.

I'm not all that familiar with Ford's other movie characters. Has he ever died on camera?

jon.enge

kongisking said:
Yes, in an excellent little ghost thriller called "What Lies Beneath." :cool:
He also died in "The Mosquito Coast" which also starred River Phoenix who played Ford's son. Apparently on set he did a great Harrison Ford impression. Harrison suggested him to play Young Indy because of this movie.

Montana Smith

5 ridiculous Star Wars sequel rumours from the 80s

Ben Skipper | Movie Editor's Blog – Fri, Nov 16, 2012 16:52 GMT.

When 'Star Wars' came out in 1977, folks went nuts speculating about the sequel.

The rumour mill threw up all kinds of crazy story ideas for 'The Empire Strikes Back' and 'Return of the Jedi' - from time travel to vampire aliens.

Without the internet, it fell to legendary sci-fi rag 'Starlog' to collate the fevered imaginings of bearded super-fans.

Here's a few of our favourites. We hope the rumours for 'Episode VII' are just as outlandish.

Han Solo's duel with Vader

The most intriguing rumour nugget on the pile was that Harrison Ford's iconic scoundrel was to wield a lightsaber in the anticipated sequel. It wasn't that simple however; in a battle with Vader towards the end of the film, it was reported that both Solo and Vader's lightsaber's would fuse together, combining the life forces of both.

When Luke came to the rescue, he would be faced with a conundrum: If he kills Vader, would he not also kill his friend?

Han's fate was the subject of both rumour and many discussions in the writing of the scripts. The notoriously difficult to work with Ford was the reason George Lucas froze his character in carbonite at the end of Episode V, he simply didn't know if he would want to return for a sequel.

At one stage the plan was even to kill off Solo in 'Return of the Jedi', meaning a much more bittersweet ending for the trilogy. None of that happened in the end of course, and instead we got Solo partying with little fur balls on the forest moon of Endor.

Vampire aliens and Leia's seduction

It wasn't just Han's mortality in the balance, there were a number of other much-darker avenues that the franchise was rumoured to be following. At one point Luke and C-3PO were apparently going to be captured by a "horrendous" alien and dropped off in a prison full of breathable liquid.

Weirder still, the only way to kill their alien captor was to drive a metal stake through its heart, like Dracula. With no option, Luke was going to melt down his friend Threepio and use him as the stake to kill their oppressor and escape. Because that's the most obvious solution.

In another dark twist, Princess Leia was said to be captured once more by Vader and seduced by the dark side of the force to betray her friends and the rebel cause.

Let's do the time warp again!

Ahh time-travel, that old plot device that always makes things so much simpler. Black holes and time-warps were both rumoured to be space crevices the Millennium Falcon would tumble through in the 'Star Wars' sequel.

Luke, Han and Chewbacca were allegedly going to travel back to the time of the Clone Wars and fight alongside a younger Obi Wan Kenobi and his padawan Anakin Skywalker. It would have been interesting for sure, and probably better than the Clone Wars we eventually saw in 'Episode II'.

In another scenario Han and Chewie land on a desert planet to find 13th Century time-travellers fighting Stormtroopers off with crossbows and catapults. As ridiculous as it sounds, the kernel of the idea may have found its way onto the screen in 'Return of the Jedi' with the Ewoks and their Empire-confounding shenanigans.

Daddy issues

Father issues are central to 'Star Wars'. Anakin never had one, Luke didn't know his growing up and then found out he was the evil ruler of the galaxy, and Leia, well Leia's died not long after she found out who he was. The issue of whether Vader was planned to be Luke's father from the start has been brought up a lot, but there are plenty of rumours to say that he wasn't.

There was talk of both Obi Wan being Luke's father and the much more interesting idea that Obi Wan is revealed to have murdered Anakin Skywalker, with Anakin not eventually becoming Vader. Obi Wan is a character who barely develops over the course of the original films; remaining a mentor figure and a beacon of the light side. This would have lent a nice darker shade to the character.

Leia's adopted father, the ruler of Alderaan, was also once reported to have a bigger role in the overall story. He was rumoured to be in the pocket of the Emperor, and to have had a part in the destruction of his own planet before escaping to be Palpatine's right hand man.

Space-Queens, the flight of the Falcon and, wait, WHO would play the Emperor?

Speaking of Vader's evil mentor, his involvement was correctly predicted early on in reports on the film, but who would play him was subject of some debate. Two names popped up: Christopher Lee and Orson Welles.

Christopher Lee of course got his chance to play a Sith in Episode's II and III, but Orson Welles would have undoubtedly been fantastic as the series' big bad, purely because he's Orson Welles!

There were many other rumours, such as our heroes meeting an evil space queen, Rebels enlisting winged aliens called Quarrels to their cause and Luke convincing Vader to join turn good earlier than he eventually does. Special effects boffins at Industrial Light and Magic were also allegedly working on a way to have the Millennium Falcon fly out of the screen and up the cinema projection beam.

Well that's just silly.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/mo...s-star-wars-sequel-rumours-80s-165257571.html

Going,going....

STILL HERE!

Ha! Lucas won't go quietly! He's like a modern day Sauron.

He's in on the scripts baby...because of "blank spots"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EBuOHM51YdI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Say goodbye to your stinking Expanded Universe Bullsh!t boys and girls.

No more stupid Grand Admiral Thrawn...(y)