Customizing Indy Figures

Kevin

Lance Quazar said:
^Yeah, that's awesome. I just ordered one from ebay, I'm very excited.

Perfect for a Sir Richard/Venice catacomb dio, perhaps??

Great idea!

Here is the skeleton:

Skeleton1.jpg

With Sir Richard's Shield:

Skeleton2.jpg

Here are a few pics with Indy for reference:

IndySkeleton1.jpg

IndySkeleton2.jpg

inky_skin

Excellent work everyone !

Ok - so given that we're never going to get 'Expanded Universe' or 'Comic Pack' stuff from Hasbro, I thought I'd sneak in Sophia Hapgood as she appears in the video game 'Fate of Atlantis'...

sophia.jpg

inky_skin

Might as well throw in a Toht as well as an early Halloween gift ;)

toht.jpg

Just waiting for a vintage Toht overcoat to complete him...

Last edited:

masterJ

Great Idea on the Skeleton, perfect for Sir Richard! Does anyone know of a coffin in the 3.75 inch scale that can be used to complete the tomb?

inky_skin

masterJ said:
Great Idea on the Skeleton, perfect for Sir Richard! Does anyone know of a coffin in the 3.75 inch scale that can be used to complete the tomb?

Didn't the Zizzle Pirates of the Carribean line have Jack Sparrow with some kind of "Coffin Boat" ?

Lance Quazar

masterJ said:

Prison escape Jack Sparrow came with a coffin. Can't remember if it's deep enough (though I have it somewhere...)

It's also wood, which Richard's casket definitely wasn't.

Will try to take pics whenever I get my skeleton....

The Golden Idol

inky_skin said:
Might as well throw in a Toht as well as an early Halloween gift ;)

toht.jpg

Just waiting for a vintage Toht overcoat to complete him...

Awesome!! Recipe please!

Also, do you have a normal, non-melted face for him?

inky_skin

Lance Quazar said:

Ah, true :)

The Golden Idol said:
Awesome!! Recipe please!

Also, do you have a normal, non-melted face for him?

Hat - KOTCS Indy
Head - Modded Army of Darkness Deadite
Torso - Mutt Williams (collar, tie and neck are scratch built)
Arms - General Veers
Jacket and hands - PopCo Sirius Black
Legs - RPG Indy
Glasses - Henry Jones Sr

Overcoat (not shown) - Vintage Toht

No 'non-melty' head variant I'm afraid. Well, not yet anyway :)

Incidentally, no love for Sophia ? ;)

Lambonius

Lance Quazar said:

Actually, it IS wood. Nearly all Early Christian/Middle Ages sarcophagi were. It's pretty clear if you are watching the movie carefully during the scene. You can clearly see the texture and grain in the closeup (and wide, actually) shots. Also, how else would it float when they tip it over?

nevsky41

I just saw the 3.75" Hellboy 2 figs today, and had a thought about if the Liz Sherman head would swap out on aMarion or Spalko body? I thought it could be a reasonably close swap for Spalko, although her hair is tucked behind one ear, and with the right sculpting of a ponytail, it could be nice MArion head as well. The fig has a kind of non-descript likeness, not very close to Selma Blair, but the skin tone is painted on, as opposed to the color of the plastic. Anyone seen these? Any thoughts?

Also, where are you guys seeing that GI Joe pack with the Skeleton? I need that thing!

Kevin

nevsky41 said:
Also, where are you guys seeing that GI Joe pack with the Skeleton? I need that thing!

I don't know if it has shown up at retail yet, I got mine at Toyrocket.com. Any place that carries 25th Anniversary GI Joes should be getting it in eventually though (Wal-Mart, TRU, Target, etc).

Lambonius

Every Target battle pack I've seen so far (with the exception of the Tank showdown one I got early using the DCPI trick) has had really terrible paint apps, so I've been passing them up so far. I am thinking about buying the crappy painted ones and just opening the packs up and doing careful repaints on all the figures, then repacking and resealing them. I don't care about keeping them factory sealed per se, but I DO want get the most out of them as perfectly packaged little shelf displays, so it's looking like I'm going to have to repaint them myself if I want them up to the kind of quality of the rest of my carefully selected set. I'll post pics when I eventually get around to this. Should be a fun little side project. :)

Mike D

New Guy

Hi,

I'm new guy and I really enjoy the work on this thread. I would like to share some of mine, but I m restricted from posting attachments. Can someone help me? Thanks.

Arab Swordsman

Mike D said:
Hi,

I'm new guy and I really enjoy the work on this thread. I would like to share some of mine, but I m restricted from posting attachments. Can someone help me? Thanks.

Put the pictures on Flickr or Photobucket then post the links.