Films you absolutely deplore and detest.

Montana_Jones

Here's a list of films I have no desire to ever watch again(*) or even watch in the first place(**). No comments, just lists.:hat:

TITANIC 1997*
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone*
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets*
Harry Potter 3**
Harry Potter 4**
Harry Potter 5**
Harry Potter 6**
Harry Potter 7**
Saw**
Saw II**
Saw III**
Saw IV**
Saw V**
Zoolander*
ALIEN: Resurrection*
Ichi the Killer*

And various others.

Mrs_Fedora

Rambo 1, 2, 3 etc **
Sex and the City ** (yes i'm a woman and no, i'm not weird, i just don't like it)
Transporter 1 t/m wathever **
The Wind That Shakes The Barley *
Pearl Harbour *
Saw, all of them **
August Rush *
P.S. I love You *
All Steven Seagal movies **
All Woody Allen movies **

Benraianajones

Montana_Jones said:
Here's a list of films I have no desire to ever watch again(*) or even watch in the first place(**). No comments, just lists.:hat:

TITANIC 1997*
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone*
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets*
Harry Potter 3**
Harry Potter 4**
Harry Potter 5**
Harry Potter 6**
Harry Potter 7**
Saw**
Saw II**
Saw III**
Saw IV**
Saw V**
Zoolander*
ALIEN: Resurrection*
Ichi the Killer*

And various others.

Oh ! Agreed! And to add to it, I HATE the Star Wars prequels.

|ZiR|

All those recent parody movies. You know, Epic Movie, Date Movie, Meet the Spartans, etc.
The American Pie series.

...that's all I can think of. What can I say, I do enjoy watching some movies simply for the sake of being horrible.

Mrs_Fedora said:
All Woody Allen movies **

I've actually never heard of someone really disliking Woody Allen. It seems silly but this surprises me greatly. Not looking for an explanation -- just an observation.

The Man

|ZiR| said:
All those recent parody movies. You know, Epic Movie, Date Movie, Meet the Spartans, etc.
The American Pie series.

...that's all I can think of. What can I say, I do enjoy watching some movies simply for the sake of being horrible.

I've actually never heard of someone really disliking Woody Allen. It seems silly but this surprises me greatly. Not looking for an explanation -- just an observation.

I love some of his stuff, hate more of it. Some people I know simply detest Allen himself, not necessarily the movies.

As for movies I deplore, any of those horrid rom-coms which come out fast as f*ck every month (Fools Gold, Sweet Home Alabama, How To Lose A Guy...)

agentsands77

FIGHT CLUB, AMERICAN BEAUTY, and REQUIEM FOR A DREAM. Pretentious, silly films "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

|ZiR|

agentsands77 said:
FIGHT CLUB, AMERICAN BEAUTY, and REQUIEM FOR A DREAM. Pretentious, silly films "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Wow. I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

Resident Alien said:
Crash (Haggis flick--best picture my ass; complete fetid turd.)

But it won three oscars! That means it has to be good. :rolleyes:

The Man said:
I love some of his stuff, hate more of it. Some people I know simply detest Allen himself, not necessarily the movies.

Woody Allen's recent work has been so-so, but his older films are classic. I think the problem with his new films is that he's still writing dialog and characters with himself in mind, except he's not playing them anymore, so it doesn't work. Like the one with Will Ferrell. :dead:

For the record, I like both American Beauty and Requiem... less so Requiem. Million Dollar Hotel is a much better film very similar to American Beauty, though...

I do DETEST Fight Club, though.

Mrs_Fedora

|ZiR| said:
The American Pie series.

Haha, i do feel i have to explain. I don't really hate Woody Allen and i don't think his movies are terrible, but i'm just not a fan of his movies. I saw some movies of him but i don't have to see them again.

Niteshade007

agentsands77 said:
AMERICAN BEAUTY...Pretentious, silly films "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

I liked American Beauty, but to each his own. Out of the other two, I've only seen Fight Club, and I agree with you on that one.

A River Runs Through It
Harry Potter films
The Good German
Michael Clayton
Star Wars
Petrified Forest
Little Foxes
Shadow of a Doubt (I know it's Hitchcock's favorite, but I didn't love it)

And then of course the crap like Date Movie, Epic Movie, Superhero Movie, and Marci X. Never, ever watch Marci X.

Boondock Saints. A stupid, vapid, derivative, boring mess of a film by a stupid, vapid, derivative, despicable mess of a man, made for stupid, vapid, derivative people.

I HATE that movie and the people who like it.

TheMutt92

Agent Spalko said:
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull..........Worst pile of crap ever.

To each their own.

Like what about ten other people already said (but what the hey? I'll say it again!): Scary Movies, Epic Movie, Date Movie, Superhero Movie, and Meet The Spartans (they almost tricked us in the marketing for that film!)

deckard24

ResidentAlien said:
Boondock Saints. A stupid, vapid, derivative, boring mess of a film by a stupid, vapid, derivative, despicable mess of a man, made for stupid, vapid, derivative people.

I HATE that movie and the people who like it.
Wow!

Guess I'm on your list!:rolleyes:

As for movies I'm not fond of: Titanic, Battlefield Earth, Death Sentence, anything with Julia Roberts, and pretty much the majority of the films already mentioned! I'm sure there's more that I've blocked out of my head deliberately!

Last edited:

agentsands77

I don't quite hate BOONDOCK SAINTS, but it is pretty overrated. Nothing spectacular about it in any fashion.

SIN CITY and 300 need name checks here, and the 2004 PHANTOM OF THE OPERA from director Joel Schumacher elicits nothing but hatred from me.