The Dark Knight Rises

Pale Horse

Staff member
The Man said:
Either that...or he's strangling himself. Oooh, Mr. Nolan, you're such a tease!

Come to think of it, (s)he does sort of look like the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll...

Is it Deadshot?
7853087-hunter-pointing-the-gun-towards-the-camera.jpg

5951106945_7208b2c07d_z_d.jpg

That would tie Bane, Catwoman and himself together in a 'Secret Six' sub-plot.

kongisking

Nice teaser. Though I can't really hear what Gordon is saying at the end there, and I'm really curious as to what the chorus is chanting.

Reminded me of the disappointment of Star Wars: "Every blah has a blah." Bedpan Gordon and half a second of Bane mixed with old footage isnt enough to get excited about.

Last edited:

Dr.Jonesy

featofstrength said:
Reminded me of the disappointment of Star Wars: "Every blah has a blah." Bedpan Gordon and half a second of Bane mixed with old footage isnt enough to get excited about.

Better than The Dark Knight teaser which was a Batsignal being blown apart with a shoddy voice over.

Lance Quazar

Attila the Professor said:
It's a teaser...is it really worth a big reaction of any sort?

The Dark Knight teaser had NO actual footage (just voice over) and was incredible.

This one....kinda blows.

But it means very, very little at this point.

The Man

"Now his despair...rises..."

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DXQUu8VOVQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Forbidden Eye

I actually like the teaser. The idea of the city being in the shape of the bat symbol is cool, we get a taste of Bane, and it has the tagline "Every Journey has an End" which offers loads of possibilities for this film.

I really am irked by how this generation reacts to the film industry. People talked about how good the trailers for TDK were, but were they really? We all knew the surprise when Gordon got "killed" that he would come back because the trailer showed us the scene with Gordon talking about the Joker while he was in jail. Just imagine how shocking Gordon's death would be and how much more surprising his comeback would be had the teaser for TDK been the only trailer released, but instead we got two long trailers that gave away quite a few surprised. In fact most trailers are like that. We expect certain scenes to show up because they were in the trailer, and we even know the fate of the characters and how the story-line will turn up just because of what we saw in the trailer. I never get why people want to have the entire movie shown to them. Don't people ever want to get surprised anymore and see something new and unexpected? Even when a trailer explains the entire movie to them, the audiences are still ignorant about more than 75% of what they see and a generally closed-minded when watching most movies.

Remember the trailer for The Shining? That showed us one vague scene that told us nothing about the movie but the director and cast. Considering the reaction this teaser has been getting, I guess its safe to assume we'd never get an awesome trailer like that anymore. All of the summer blockbusters have to get three-four trailers that explicitly explain what the entire film is about and what you're about to see if you see it. Pity.

JP Jones

Forbidden Eye said:
I actually like the teaser. The idea of the city being in the shape of the bat symbol is cool, we get a taste of Bane, and it has the tagline "Every Journey has an End" which offers loads of possibilities for this film.

I really am irked by how this generation reacts to the film industry. People talked about how good the trailers for TDK were, but were they really? We all knew the surprise when Gordon got "killed" that he would come back because the trailer showed us the scene with Gordon talking about the Joker while he was in jail. Just imagine how shocking Gordon's death would be and how much more surprising his comeback would be had the teaser for TDK been the only trailer released, but instead we got two long trailers that gave away quite a few surprised. In fact most trailers are like that. We expect certain scenes to show up because they were in the trailer, and we even know the fate of the characters and how the story-line will turn up just because of what we saw in the trailer. I never get why people want to have the entire movie shown to them. Don't people ever want to get surprised anymore and see something new and unexpected? Even when a trailer explains the entire movie to them, the audiences are still ignorant about more than 75% of what they see and a generally closed-minded when watching most movies.

Remember the trailer for The Shining? That showed us one vague scene that told us nothing about the movie but the director and cast. Considering the reaction this teaser has been getting, I guess its safe to assume we'd never get an awesome trailer like that anymore. All of the summer blockbusters have to get three-four trailers that explicitly explain what the entire film is about and what you're about to see if you see it. Pity.
For the most part, I agree, but people have talked about how nobody wants to be surprised anymore for years. The thing is, people have the ability to know more. A solution to having a trailer come out and then people wanting more from it (because of human curiosity) is to do a better job of hiding the movie. I know I would've liked to have known about a 3rd Batman actually coming out later. Knowing that it's official more than a year before it comes out, drives people to dig up as much as they can on it, hence leaving them wanting more and more.

I think the need to dig up pictures and plot details grows the longer you have to wait. An interesting way Nolan and company could've handled this would be if they released the first trailer today, and it was the first anyone heard of this new Batman. Hard to do, yes, but interesting nontheless. You see, audiences aren't to blame if they're not surprised, sure the people who post spoilers and other crap on the internet can't help, but I was surprised by Gordan's death and overjoyed to find he was alive. You know people are still ready for surprises.

The Man

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P6tnwhrVkt8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hFnu_Lg0GI0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I4SotJA1nQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Yeah, the filming has done a number on traffic, as you'd expect. Still, getting out of the city while all that's going on is a nice way to handle it.

The Man

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O_OGNbQ9we0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pf2aiggNpGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​