How Many?

Joe Brody

Test your Lego knowledge!

How many Indiana Jones-related figurines can you count?
(from this recent Wall Street Journal Article on Lego going to a new materials for its bricks.

BT-AD035_LEGOLI_P_20150713192516.jpg

Indirect indicator of Indy's relevance? (which, to me, is the more interesting question and why I posted here instead of the 'Collecting' area)

Pale Horse

Staff member
I found 4. And I think marketing revenues becomes a real topic for discussion if there will ever be another "Indiana Jones"

InexorableTash

I think I see 7.

It can't be a fun challenge for Lucasfilm/Disney. Indy is a wildly popular character but performs middlingly at the box office and merchandised poorly. Especially compared to the license to print money that is Star Wars and Marvel, both of which are far more toyetic with a panoply of characters and settings.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I manage to hit 12. My count's pretty heavy on Temple and Crystal Skull.

It's perhaps both an indicator and a canny symbol of the difficulty of marketing Indy that one of those (to Mutt's left) is the pilot from the Toys 'r' Us exclusive airplane set for KotCS.

I think I can see 5-6, some I don't know for sure.

There might be a Willie way in the back next to Spongebob
A Mutt
Maybe an Arab Indy next to Jar Jar
A Belloq
Not sure if that's a Short Round or not on the right hand side behind Vader
There's a German Solider on the left hand side
And of course Mola Ram in the lower right corner

Others that might be area Toht just above Mola Ram, though he has a hat on. Might be a couple of Thuggees in the lower left hand corner.

I don't see any regular Indys though.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
Here's my cheat sheet.

19747509142_eb50ec49e1_b.jpg

I upped my count to include KotCS...begrudgingly.

First, sadly, we need to cut the one that you, I, and others were counting as Indy in Arab garb, a figure they never actually sold. He's actually the Market Seller from the Prince of Persia line:

Pop001.jpg

I don't think the fellow to his lower-right is an Indy figure, as all character in those lines had skin tones, not the traditional Lego yellow.

What I do see are the following, with the ones Pale's marked bolded:

1. Mutt Williams
2. The pilot, to his right
3. Belloq, one row down, on the left
4. Ugha Warrior without hair
5. Ugha Warrior with hair
6. Short Round, up and to the right from the Ughas
7. Russian guard, wearing green on the left in the same row as the lower Ugha
8. Ceremonial looking Thuggee, lower left
9. Pat Roach Thuggee, to his right
10. Mola Ram, far right in last complete row
11. Willie Scott, at lower left (gambling here)

Oh, and to the lower right of Darth Vader is Steven Spielberg, giving farming a try. Young George Lucas appears to the left of the lower Ugha.