Indiana Jones 5: July 19, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Duaner said:
As an alternative and someone closer in age to Ford, might I suggest the hottest red-headed grandma out there? Jane Seymour.

Wedding Crashers ruined Jane...

39224f0d-6ec7-4059-a6a8-ccd0a7878b47_text.gif

giphy-2.gif

TheFedora

Dr.Sartorius said:
I doubt they'll adapt FOA or Sophia. I'd rather be surprised by a new storyline anyway.

I want a entirely new storyline, as much as FOA really is a good story to draw from. I wouldn't be surprised entirely if they repeat a MacGuffin from one of the novels though.

MadDog

He's not to old for this, at 76 when shooting starts I don't think he will be much different from how he was in Skull. He keeps his body in that much a fine physical shape he could do another at 80..it makes me laugh about all these sad 40 year olds saying he needs a wheelchair, when most of them can't get there fat ass out of a chair, slugs with these stupid ideas about age..

That's the great think about Indy he doesn't need a strict age to be seen at, with the reboot though I don't think anyone will be satisfied with the actor, Harrison is that much in people's minds as the character. The main thing it's still Indiana Jones.

Pale Horse

Staff member
MadDog said:
He keeps his body in that much a fine physical shape he could do another at 80..it makes me laugh about all these sad 40 year olds saying he needs a wheelchair, when most of them can't get there fat ass out of a chair, slugs with these stupid ideas about age..

TbyVyx0.gif

Insert "Old Man Moment" here.

MadDog

Well it's true, I'm sure Harry views these forums while relaxing sometimes maybe, so I think it would be wise to give him as much import and ideas for his last adventure..I'm sure Steven is taking notes as we type..

It is impressive his physical shape at 74 no?

So many good ideas being thrown around here real fans. I just hope the humour is on the same level as the first three, the monkeys swinging through the trees with mutt...bit silly.

Pale Horse

Staff member
MadDog said:

I always have reservations when our Heros have qualifiers.

He's amazing! ... (pause) for a _____________.
She's beautiful! ... (pause ) for a _____________.
That's so clever! ... (pause) for an idiot savant.

curmudgeon

Pale Horse said:
I always have reservations when our Heros have qualifiers.

He's amazing! ... (pause) for a _____________.
She's beautiful! ... (pause ) for a _____________.
That's so clever! ... (pause) for an idiot savant.

Indy's a daring hero... (pause) for a guy who's afraid of snakes.

MadDog

They say everyone is scared of something, I hate clowns. No that fear of snakes just makes the character more human, he's a realistic hero who never gets out of his escapades without a few bruises and pain.

Randy_Flagg

MadDog said:
Well it's true, I'm sure Harry views these forums while relaxing sometimes maybe

Only when I'm really bored. But thanks for the compliments about my physique. Calista is now telling me to go mow the lawn, so I'll check up on you guys later.

Stoo

MadDog said:
He's not to old for this, at 76 when shooting starts I don't think he will be much different from how he was in Skull. He keeps his body in that much a fine physical shape he could do another at 80..it makes me laugh about all these sad 40 year olds saying he needs a wheelchair, when most of them can't get there fat ass out of a chair, slugs with these stupid ideas about age..

That's the great think about Indy he doesn't need a strict age to be seen at, with the reboot though I don't think anyone will be satisfied with the actor, Harrison is that much in people's minds as the character. The main thing it's still Indiana Jones.
Mad Dog said:
Well it's true, I'm sure Harry views these forums while relaxing sometimes maybe, so I think it would be wise to give him as much import and ideas for his last adventure..I'm sure Steven is taking notes as we type..

So many good ideas being thrown around here real fans. I just hope the humour is on the same level as the first three, the monkeys swinging through the trees with mutt...bit silly.
Mad Dog, judging from your first 2 posts, you seem to be the person formally known as, Turin Turambar (and then briefly, RicMadDogBuxton). If you're not, I'll eat my hat.:eek:

-----
HOORAY for Spielberg saying it "would be insane" to make an Indy film without George!(y) It's mind-boggling as to why some people don't want Lucas involved so those folks must be insane, right?

Z dweller

Stoo said:
Mad Dog, judging from your first 2 posts, you seem to be the person formally known as, Turin Turambar (and then briefly, RicMadDogBuxton). If you're not, I'll eat my hat.:eek:
I must admit the same thought crossed my mind - but his spelling is a bit too good for Turin, don't you think?

Hey Mad Dog, would you care to elaborate?

Finn

Staff member
Moderator note

Z dweller said:
Hey Mad Dog, would you care to elaborate?
No need. As Shakira sings, "IPs don't lie."

I hope this also explains my colleague's curmudgeonly behavior. It's not even the first time this clown thinks his just desserts don't concern the man, just his handle.

Now, back on topic please. Whatever it was at the moment.

Olliana

I for one am really glad Lucas is on board as well. Techncally, TFA was perfectly executed, but the movie is missing the innovation and identitiy you would expect from a new Star Wars movie. Lucas was at least always trying to bring something new to the table, knowing it might not be in everyone's taste.

Regarding Indy, I trust Spielberg, but I trust Spielberg + Lucas a little more.

Henry W Jones

JasonMa said:
A question for those fans who feel only Harrison Ford can ever be Indy. Does that mean you dislike the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles? Do you dislike the opening of Last Crusade? Should those have never been made?

Because I can't reconcile the idea that somebody believes that only Harrison Ford can play Indy and that person also is a fan of YIJC or the opening of LC.

I like elements and certain episodes of YIJC. Mostly when he's younger . I don't ever see SPF as Indy watching it. It doesn't work for me. River was great. He had Fords mannerisms down and at that age could be a young Indy. I'm not sure anymore how I feel about a recast at this point. I think it depends on who plays the role.

Randy_Flagg

Henry W Jones said:
I like elements and certain episodes of YIJC. Mostly when he's younger . I don't ever see SPF as Indy watching it. It doesn't work for me. River was great. He had Fords mannerisms down and at that age could be a young Indy. I'm not sure anymore how I feel about a recast at this point. I think it depends on who plays the role.

Yeah, I could never see SPF as Indy, either. But, it wasn't just the actor. I think the writing had more to do with it. SPF with better writing might have worked. I understand that it would have been silly to have him acting exactly the same as Harrison's Indy, since YIJ took place at a different point in his life, but the way the character was written in YIJ felt TOO far removed from the older Indy. I found it really, really hard to see that character ever growing into the Harrison version.

So I'm fine with them recasting the character eventually, but obviously the casting will have be solid, and just as importantly, the writing needs to be on target.

Dr.Jonesy

Am I excited?!?!

No. Too late, for me. I love all four films, but 2013 was the latest it should have been made.

Duaner

Dr.Jonesy said:
Am I excited?!?!

No. Too late, for me. I love all four films, but 2013 was the latest it should have been made.

Why 2013? That's kind of an oddball year to pick. 2019 is as good as any.

Status
Not open for further replies.