Indiana Jones vs Rick O'Connell

jamesdude

ive always considered Rick O'Connel from the mummy films an Indiana Jones wannabe because there are alot of simularites between him and Indiana Jones.

If these two men went face to face in a movie (they are in the same time era) who would be the better man? what do you think?

Nurhachi1991

081.jpg

Nurhachi1991

Ok I'm going to give you a nickels worth of free advice. When I first joined the Raven I made alot of useless threads seriously I made a thread for any Indy idea that came into my head let me think here......... Oh yeah I made a thread stating " I hope KOTCS does not have a ROTLA referance!" I later found out that people find it annyoing and I got chewed out alot. So just go easy on thread making unless it is something really important or something that stands out don't make a thread about it. Post your idea in someone elses thread or use the search icon I never used to but now I try my best to see if there is a thread like the one I'm going to post. I have nothing against you at all :hat:

jamesdude

well that explains it, sorry for taking you the wrong way then.

i usually post what ever comes to my head but ill try to think before i post from now on.

Nurhachi1991

jamesdude said:
well that explains it, sorry for taking you the wrong way then.

i usually post what ever comes to my head but ill try to think before i post from now on.

I know I came off as a jerk and for that apologize. You seem like a cool guy and a very eager Indy fan! So enjoy this message board!

Welcome to the Raven :D

jamesdude

Nurhachi1991 said:
I know I came off as a jerk and for that apologize. You seem like a cool guy and a very eager Indy fan! So enjoy this message board!

Welcome to the Raven :D

hey no problem, i think ill enjoy my stay here on the forums. (y)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Nurhachi1991 said:
Ok I'm going to give you a nickels worth of free advice. When I first joined the Raven I made alot of useless threads seriously I made a thread for any Indy idea that came into my head let me think here......... Oh yeah I made a thread stating " I hope KOTCS does not have a ROTLA referance!" I later found out that people find it annyoing and I got chewed out alot. So just go easy on thread making unless it is something really important or something that stands out don't make a thread about it. Post your idea in someone elses thread or use the search icon I never used to but now I try my best to see if there is a thread like the one I'm going to post. I have nothing against you at all :hat:

Heh, blame me, James...a lot of that was me, right Nurhachi?

Anyhow, welcome to the Raven.

Puttana Jones

I'm sure that O'Connel would destroy Indy 'cause O'Connel is stronger than him and also younger and has survived more dangers than indy

oki9Sedo

O'Connell would win.

He's bigger and stronger, and he's a trained fighter with experience (he's an ex-Legionairre), plus he has a rougher nature. He's not a professor like Indy, he's a mercenary. Also he's every bit as dirty a fighter as Indy.

tastethecourage

Indy would be outmatched physically, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't win.

Indy has been outmatched physically in at least one or two fights per movie, and somehow finds a way to make it out alive. I think if Indy could pull it off against German Mechanic (TKO!) or Dovchenko he has a shot against O'Connel.

(Yeah, he didn't knock out mechanic, I know. But he did find a way to persevere!)

oki9Sedo

tastethecourage said:
Indy would be outmatched physically, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't win.

Indy has been outmatched physically in at least one or two fights per movie, and somehow finds a way to make it out alive. I think if Indy could pull it off against German Mechanic (TKO!) or Dovchenko he has a shot against O'Connel.

(Yeah, he didn't knock out mechanic, I know. But he did find a way to persevere!)

O'Connell's like that too, though, he's resourceful and dirty.

In any case I was really just talking about a fight without any weapons.

jamesdude

Speaking of this thread.....

What if Indy traded places with O'Connell and Indiana jones had to fight Imotep?

Grizzlor

Rick O'Connell (Brendan Fraser) is simply a character in the Mummy movies. Indiana Jones is the movie.

Snakes

I think that O'Connell would win in a gunfight, but Indy would beat him when it comes to fisticuffs.

Mervyn_Peake

I don't know. This is a hard question. I'd like to think they'd be on the same side, though I can imagine some scenarios that might bring them into conflict, probably over some priceless artifact they're both after for different reasons.

As for the age difference, well, the actor who plays Rick O'Connell is younger than Harrison Ford, but I'm not sure there's a big difference in the characters' ages. I know Indy was supposed to be about 36 in 1936. I'm not sure how old O'Connell was supposed to be when he first appeared (in the battle at Hamanuptra (sp.?) in 1923. Older than 23, I'd say. Probably late-twenties. He might actually be older than Indy. He does appear to be a little bigger, but not that much bigger.

They're both very good gunmen, though O'Connell's two-gun style struck me as a little fanciful, while Indy's technique was more believable, especially for the period. (Lots of people carried two guns, but very few ever fired both simultaneously.)

Well, a few minute's Googling around revealed that both characters were born in 1899. So they're basically the same age, give or take a few months.

Mervyn

Last edited:

Indy~Annie

HOW COME EVERY ONE IS PICKING MUMMY MAN!?!??!? HE'S A WEANER!!!!

and i know Indy could kick his butt any ol day.:) I mean come on!! Indy's the man!!!
and mummy man is a weaner