TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2018, 04:01 PM   #301
Face_Palm
IndyFan
 
Face_Palm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
When it comes to SW and Indy, yep he's a huge draw. I wish they hired Kasdan first.

Agreed. All we can do now is cross our fingers this film actually still happens.
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:05 PM   #302
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,038
Koepp and Kaminski should be banished from any Indy related projects. This is my issue with Spielberg, he has become complacent in his old age, settling for mediocre screenwriters and such simply because he is comfortable with them. Koepp has always been a cheap hack.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:45 PM   #303
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
Koepp and Kaminski should be banished from any Indy related projects. This is my issue with Spielberg, he has become complacent in his old age, settling for mediocre screenwriters and such simply because he is comfortable with them. Koepp has always been a cheap hack.

...said the man who harasses me about the ageing Ford.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:09 PM   #304
moon_tan
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lancaster, California
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Palm
While it is true something could happen to Harrison any day, his father did live to be 92 years old and his mother lived to be 87. So longevity is in his family and he is probably in much better health and strength than they were. He certainly can afford better healthcare as well. Iím not worried about Harrison, but these delays are getting really annoying.

I like your post #294, Face_Palm. Spielberg is 70 with only one kidney. He needs to stay in good health too.
moon_tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:19 PM   #305
Face_Palm
IndyFan
 
Face_Palm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_tan
I like your post #294, Face_Palm. Spielberg is 70 with only one kidney. He needs to stay in good health too.

I didnít know he only had one kidney, good news is Spielbergs father is still around too. Heís 101 or something I believe...
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:07 AM   #306
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
...said the man who harasses me about the ageing Ford.

Because I think that Ford was the best thing about KOTCS, TFA and Blade Runner 49. I don't honestly see Ford's age, with today's technology, as a major hinder. You'd have to have a more nuanced film perhaps, with more clever action, and it could be equally as exciting as the first three. But Spielberg to me is the weak link here. An uninspired and uninterested director to me is much, much worse than an aged but enthusiastic star. Also, Ford may be old but he still has heart, vigor. He's a gruff old man. He still has his charisma. Whereas Spielberg is a sentimental old man whose powers are a shadow of their former glory. Give Ford a good script and he still does the job. Spielberg hasn't done a memorable film in about 20 years.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:44 PM   #307
Walecs
IndyFan
 
Walecs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
Yes. Fury Road was a reboot and enough time had passed from the last lackluster movie to present to erase the bad taste and let nostalgia set in. That sailed on pure nostalgia and it was also so long that it was also like a new thing, attracting non-fans of the originals even. Indy 4 came out only ten years ago, had a despised final outing, and we're mostly talking about either a sequel starring the same guy or a prequel in the same continuity. Waiting another half decade or decade and doing a full reboot is probably the best course.

The safest course is a full reboot with a new creative team IMO. Jurassic World being an example of this.

Jurassic World is not a reboot at all, JP 1, 2 and 3 are still canon.
Walecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:20 PM   #308
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan
 
Dr.Sartorius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Spielberg hasn't done a memorable film in about 20 years.

Minority Report (2002) is one of his best films IMO.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:24 PM   #309
Face_Palm
IndyFan
 
Face_Palm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
Minority Report (2002) is one of his best films IMO.

The Post was easily the best film of 2017.
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #310
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan
 
Dr.Sartorius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Palm
The Post was easily the best film of 2017.

Haven't seen it yet but want to. I thought Ready Player One was a lot of fun and had the energy of his older action films.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #311
seasider
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
Because I think that Ford was the best thing about KOTCS, TFA and Blade Runner 49. I don't honestly see Ford's age, with today's technology, as a major hinder. You'd have to have a more nuanced film perhaps, with more clever action, and it could be equally as exciting as the first three. But Spielberg to me is the weak link here. An uninspired and uninterested director to me is much, much worse than an aged but enthusiastic star. Also, Ford may be old but he still has heart, vigor. He's a gruff old man. He still has his charisma. Whereas Spielberg is a sentimental old man whose powers are a shadow of their former glory. Give Ford a good script and he still does the job. Spielberg hasn't done a memorable film in about 20 years.
You could say the same thing about most veteran filmmakers. It doesn't mean they're still not capable of delivering. Obviously, Spielberg is not the filmmaker he was back in the 80's but even in his 70's he's still light years ahead of most directors in Hollywood.

But seeing as Spielberg is apparently the weak link. Who would you rather see in the director's chair then?
seasider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:26 AM   #312
Toht's Arm
IndyFan
 
Toht's Arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 191
Fingers crossed that "delay" is an overstatement. Unless it's a page-one rewrite, I don't see why the next nine months isn't enough time to polish a script. It only causes problems if the rewrites are significant enough that any pre-production plans have to change.

Two things that have come up in the past few days of flurried conversation here:

1) I don't get why people keep suggesting Pratt as a possible replacement. The guy's 39 right now. There's no way Disney would be recasting with someone that old...

2) Surely Lucas has nothing to do with this... I can't imagine he's the reason for any rewrites.
Toht's Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:35 AM   #313
Face_Palm
IndyFan
 
Face_Palm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toht's Arm
Fingers crossed that "delay" is an overstatement. Unless it's a page-one rewrite, I don't see why the next nine months isn't enough time to polish a script. It only causes problems if the rewrites are significant enough that any pre-production plans have to change.

Two things that have come up in the past few days of flurried conversation here:

1) I don't get why people keep suggesting Pratt as a possible replacement. The guy's 39 right now. There's no way Disney would be recasting with someone that old...

2) Surely Lucas has nothing to do with this... I can't imagine he's the reason for any rewrites.


I disagree with Pratt as a choice, but Harrison was 39 during filming of Raiders. One can only assume the new Indiana Jones would be about the same age. Nobody really wants to see an Indy in his 20ís.
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:19 AM   #314
TheFirebird1
IndyFan
 
TheFirebird1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tannhšuser Gate, former resident of Tanis.
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toht's Arm
Fingers crossed that "delay" is an overstatement. Unless it's a page-one rewrite, I don't see why the next nine months isn't enough time to polish a script. It only causes problems if the rewrites are significant enough that any pre-production plans have to change...2) Surely Lucas has nothing to do with this... I can't imagine he's the reason for any rewrites.
I don't think Kasdan's involvement is going to seriously delay production--according to Ford back in October 2017, Koepp had a script finished, so it's most likely that Kasdan is stepping in to simply finish up a revised draft Koepp was working on before he left the project.
And as for your second point, I agree. Lucas isn't even involved in the project anymore, so it's hard to believe that he has anything to do with any rewrites or script changes, unless if he somehow reentered the project.
TheFirebird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:35 AM   #315
Face_Palm
IndyFan
 
Face_Palm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird1
I don't think Kasdan's involvement is going to seriously delay production--according to Ford back in October 2017, Koepp had a script finished, so it's most likely that Kasdan is stepping in to simply finish up a revised draft Koepp was working on before he left the project.
And as for your second point, I agree. Lucas isn't even involved in the project anymore, so it's hard to believe that he has anything to do with any rewrites or script changes, unless if he somehow reentered the project.

That article is back from 2016, and Spielberg has clarified this since that time:

“George is going to be an executive producer on it with me,” he announced in June. “Of course I would never make an Indiana Jones film without George Lucas. That would be insane.“
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:00 AM   #316
deepermagic
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Alexandretta!
Posts: 26
I had a little freak out theory I wanted to share with you all...

If my original theory is correct, that Kennedy and the top dawgs at Lucasfilms continues to be the reason why writers/directors/etc are in constant flux in the Star Wars Universe, and that's the reason why Koepp is out and Jr. Kasdan is in...

And we know that Koepp has specifically said, "the Shia LaBeouf character is not in the film"...

Freak Out Theory: Script is needing a rewrite because Shia LaBeouf is back!

deepermagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #317
deepermagic
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Alexandretta!
Posts: 26
On the flip side, Kathleen Kennedy may be losing her job and they are rewriting a script that was heavily influenced by her... that'd be a better scenario

deepermagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:38 AM   #318
Olliana
IndyFan
 
Olliana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 251
I don't want Kennedy near any creative decision being made. Her constant gender pushing is real and it's not even funny anymore. I prefer a good story.
Olliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:26 PM   #319
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olliana
Her constant gender pushing is real and it's not even funny anymore.

You don't say...



___
EDIT: resize

Last edited by Pale Horse : 07-02-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:43 PM   #320
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Palm
I disagree with Pratt as a choice, but Harrison was 39 during filming of Raiders. One can only assume the new Indiana Jones would be about the same age. Nobody really wants to see an Indy in his 20ís.
There's a lot of daylight between 20 and 39.
An actor in his early 30s would be the right choice, good for several movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepermagic
Freak Out Theory: Script is needing a rewrite because Shia LaBeouf is back!
Fear not.
There's no way Shia would take the part, even if Spielberg were interested (which is highly unlikely).
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:45 PM   #321
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan
 
Dr.Sartorius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,991
Star Wars should not have any strong female characters. MAGA!
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:25 AM   #322
Toht's Arm
IndyFan
 
Toht's Arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 191
Trying to move things away from supposed "agendas" once more...the other (worst case?) scenario is that the rewrite has been ordered so that the film DOES include flashbacks to a younger Indy. If anyone higher up in Disney were use their clout, that's something that's feasible...
Toht's Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 04:54 AM   #323
Silvor
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Northern Norway
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toht's Arm
Trying to move things away from supposed "agendas" once more...the other (worst case?) scenario is that the rewrite has been ordered so that the film DOES include flashbacks to a younger Indy. If anyone higher up in Disney were use their clout, that's something that's feasible...

Yeah I worry about Disney taking control over the project.
I think it could be that the lackluster box office of Last Jedi and Solo has made Disney want to take a more active role in the development of Indy 5 than they originally planned. All we ever heard was that Spielberg Koepp and Ford were the ones collaborating on the script.

The thing that gives me a little hope is that Solo under-performed, and that movie featured a recasting of a beloved Ford character, which could make them wary of doing that again, at least in the foreseeable future.

I really hope it's just a polish of the script, as last we heard they had a script they were "mostly happy with" but if it's just a polish why will the movie miss it's 2020 date? It doesn't really add up.

I really do wonder what happened with this project, Spielberg seemed super enthusiastic about it some years ago, bringing it up in interviews and even speeches himself.

I thought Ready Player One showed there's still some of that old Spielberg magic left so I really think he does have another great Indy in him.
Silvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #324
Walecs
IndyFan
 
Walecs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 123
http://www.justjared.com/2018/07/10/...-release-date/

This is ridiculous.
Walecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:33 PM   #325
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,038
"The upcoming Disney picture will now be released on July 9, 2021, the studio revealed on Tuesday (July 10)."

lmao.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.