Talk Show/ Morning Show Interviews

acsgrlie

digitalfreaknyc said:
It was scheduled to be shown last night but it was some AI special. I'm hoping it's on tonight.

Thank god I wasn't the only one who thought so. I thought I had just gotten the days wrong so I went and checked again.

acsgrlie

I loved Harrison's and Shia's intros. They seemed really floored about all the "younger" fans being there and excited for the movie.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Oh, thanks for the heads up, spiralout.

There's some chatting (with Shia and Ford) on the Carlton's balcony a visit at Skywalker Ranch (I fondly remember a few years back, when not every random schmock had been there) and some Indy-fans NYCC stuff over at mtv.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Ford (and some of the rest of the gang) must have done about a gazillion interviews those last couple of weeks and days. It's his job to promote the film and he doesn't get paid badly for it but I'm gonna cut him some slack if he's going to be a bit tired or weary. And ...despite how silly this is ...:hat: to the man.
I mean he's gonna face Diane Sawyer in a second round. And if I understand that schedule above correctly there are some other braindead tv-zombies out there still waiting to ask their ...questions.

acsgrlie

According to the TV Guide special, Harrison turned down 40 million to play Han Solo again in an upcoming Star Wars special, to play Indiana Jones.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Today's Ford-appearance on GMA is online as well.

Just as yesterday's appearance at Conan. You need one of those hotspot shields when you're living in non-Us territory to enjoy that, though. And ...oh boy...he was all kinds of funny, good looking, sexy and cool. Close to no talk about the film, though. As usual.

I'm not able to laugh at his "it's not very good" joke as I used to, though ...

FILMKRUSC

Shia is on Jimmy Kimmel tonight (Friday).

I was surprised one of the better interviews I've seen this week was on The View (Harrison Ford and Karen Allen) earlier today. Some Great Raiders clips and stories.

UKIndyFan

Theres a 20 minute special on BBC One called 'The Return of Indiana Jones' in about 10 minutes (2:55pm). Looks like its just interviews and clips but worth a watch

Ray Winstone on Johnathan Ross
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8kJEHkVcQVo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8kJEHkVcQVo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qS1--6KUs4k&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qS1--6KUs4k&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

commontone

Has anyone else noticed that Ford seems fixated on money? He mentions it in almost every interview, often without any real prompting. Sometimes he's just alluding to the fact that he has it -- like on Leno recently, talking about the vintage cars used in Indy 4.."And I did price them all!" Or talking about getting "slimed" on Nickelodeon, he points out, "And I did that for free!"

Or sometimes it's blatant, like on Conan -- "I'm a very rich man" (though admittedly that was funny). And any time someone goes over his career with him, he says the best thing about the Star Wars films was that he realized he'd never be poor again.

Or answering the question at Cannes of whether he owns a boat -- "A boat is a hole in the water you throw money into."

I find it vaguely off-putting. It's strange because he seems very modest in so many other ways. But money seems to be at the front of his mind, usually. He literally has mentioned it at least once, often several times in the last half-dozen clips I've seen of him.