What do your usernames mean?

AnnieJones

As some people may already know,my real name is not Annie and I got my name from a Young Indiana Jones Chronicles deleted bookend.

Here is why.
She looks,in the picture,
AnnieJones.jpg

to be about the same age as I was(8)in the year 1993,so I used her name.Annie Jones(played by Joy Miller)at the time,looked to be about the same age I was back then.Which I guess,she was about 7 or 8.Anyway,I wanted to use a Jones family member,that is in the 21st century,as my user name.I know it sounds dorky,giving myself a name of a character that is related to Indiana Jones.More on this subject on my "The Character Annie" thread found here: http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=18422 .

Last edited:

Goonie

Mine is also self explanatory. The Goonies, basically inspired by Indy and it even had Short Round as Data and some involvement from Spielberg as producer.

"Pincers of Peril! I've been saved by my Pincers of Peril!" (y)

Indy Scout 117

Kate said:
I don't know if there's a thread like this yet or not, but I was just curious- where did everyone get their usernames? Mine, obviously, is my real name, but what about others?
Some are confusing (Ren, this means you!).
i am called Indy at the Boy Scout camp i work at, i am a boy scout and my troop unit number is 117 (my favorite number(y) )

Joosse

Joosse is just my last name.

On Club Obi-Wan my handle is Indiana Joosse. That's how I first logged in here as well, but I seem to have lost the password. So I then simply used Joosse.

My full name is Evert Jan Bernard Mojmir Joosse, but I just stick to Evert Joosse for short.

I was named after my grandfather, who was also called Evert Joosse, so technically I am Evert Joosse Junior...

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Joosse said:
Joosse is just my last name.

On Club Obi-Wan my handle is Indiana Joosse. That's how I first logged in here as well, but I seem to have lost the password. So I then simply used Joosse.

My full name is Evert Jan Bernard Mojmir Joosse, but I just stick to Evert Joosse for short.

I was named after my grandfather, who was also called Evert Joosse, so technically I am Evert Joosse Junior...

Joosse, do you pronounce your name 'Yoosser' ? ...as in 'Meesa Jar Jar Binks, yoosser Joosse?' (As opposed to the 'Juicy Joosse' that somebody - who I'll leave nameless - called you a while back?)

Mojmir sounds very Scandinavian.

:hat:

Joosse

Funny you should ask that... :)

Joosse is actually pronounced Joe-sèh. And my first name is usually gotten wrong by most people.

Evert is pronounced A-Ford, like the car. Or that actor, I forgot what his first name was... ;)

Mojmir is actually Chech. I was named that for a friend of my parents and grandparents that was killed by the Russians during the uprising in Prague. Mojmir Kraus. Used to be a wellknown volleyball player I was always told.

Montana Smith

Joosse said:
Funny you should ask that... :)

Joosse is actually pronounced Joe-sèh. And my first name is usually gotten wrong by most people.

The more I learn the more confused I become! :confused:

And there was me thinking that all the 'Js' would be 'Ys'.

Joosse said:
Mojmir is actually Chech. I was named that for a friend of my parents and grandparents that was killed by the Russians during the uprising in Prague. Mojmir Kraus. Used to be a wellknown volleyball player I was always told.

And I was thinking of Mjolnir, Thor's hammer - and please tell me that's M-Yolnir and not M-Jolnir! As then I'd be even more confused :confused: :confused:

Joosse

Montana Smith said:
The more I learn the more confused I become! :confused:

And there was me thinking that all the 'Js' would be 'Ys'.

And I was thinking of Mjolnir, Thor's hammer - and please tell me that's M-Yolnir and not M-Jolnir! As then I'd be even more confused :confused: :confused:

Sorry, it's M-Jolnir...

Used to work as a Skald in an archeological village as well...

Meerkat

The meerkat is my favorite animal, and I couldn't think of a username related to the union of Indiana Jones and a certain female villain in the fourth movie...so my name is Meerkat.

Montana Smith

Meerkat said:
The meerkat is my favorite animal, and I couldn't think of a username related to the union of Indiana Jones and a certain female villain in the fourth movie...so my name is Meerkat.

Then you'll be a fan of the adverts from this car insurance company...

http://www.comparethemeerkat.com/

If you go to the meerkat link (as opposed to the market link) you can choose your ideal meerkat!