Note of warning: Young Indiana Jones soundtracks at Amazon.de

fommes

Watch out if you want to buy the Young Indiana Jones soundtracks at Amazon.de: it seems Amazon has started making CD-Rs on demand of those.

See this thread at the FSM board.

I don't know if that has any bearing on a possible expansion or complete release? In any case, I'd rather they remained out of print so that some label might see fit to pick up the rights and release more.

InexorableTash

Thanks for finding/linking to the FSM thread, Fommes. This is very interesting. These are apparently listed on the colleseum.de site (well, 1-3 are):

http://www.colosseum.de/advanced_search_result.php?keywords="young+indiana+jones"&x=0&y=0

Although I can see fommes' point of view about whether or not this re-release is a good thing, the counter-argument is that this may show that there's a demand for the soundtracks, and incentive for a re-release in the US and/or release of additional music.

(Although the music on the OSTs represent only a fraction of the music from each of the featured episodes, I'd rather have music from other episodes than some of the unreleased tracks in these episodes.)

I'm going to hold off on linking to these from youngindianajonesmusic.com for a bit until our knowledge of this stabilizes - the FSM thread indicates that Vol 1-2 have shown up on amazon.co.uk as well.

fommes

I'm not sure that the ones at Colosseum (which is just the European branch of Varèse) are those CD-Rs, as it doesn't say anywhere on the CD pages; they might just be (left-over or newly) pressed CDs?
I would ask Colosseum directly though before purchasing.