Disney Vinylmation

Attila the Professor

Staff member
It begins.

Steven Miller said:
The Indiana Jones series launches on January 10 at the D Street locations in Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, and on the Disney Parks online store. This series was designed by Thomas Scott, lead Vinylmation artist with Disney Design Group, and features characters from the first Indiana Jones film, “Raiders of the Lost Ark.” Disney artist Maria Clapsis designed the combo pack figure which will be released on January 24. Special thanks to my fellow cast member (and Indiana Jones fan) Brandon Kleyla for the photos.

Indy2-613x433.jpg

Indy1-613x410.jpg

Maybe.Not Today

Variant

I bought a case of these the day they came out and found the variant Indy figure. The whole set is great, but the variant may be my favorite:

micsteam

Yeah they're not out yet, I'm at the parks in Disney World now and I looked for you guys and no go anywhere including Stunt Spectacular and the store off of Star Tours. :hat:

Maybe.Not Today

They're not for sale in the parks yet. They're only for sale at the dstreet stores in downtown disney (orlando and Anaheim) for the time being.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
These are like the Mighty Muggs where they skip the sculpting, casting, Chinese factories, container ships, etc. and print on demand? And make you paint your own? Genius. But this'll be so 2010's after 3D printing.

indiana-jones.jpg

Here's either a Mara Mickey with finger necklace, or Minnie doing a Janet Jackson Rolling Stone cover. Are there other limited editions?

Can anyone grab the links to these large press images? And are there any large box images besides the one?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Blind boxing a product that costs more than baseball cards, Cracker Jacks or a Kinder Egg seems awfully cynical to me. But some sites are trying to give shoppers a peek inside with case layouts. The hard core collector will regard this as a series of 10, so where do they get the "combo topper" and "variant?" Are they just extremely rare?

Here's another. There are also several pins based on the figure based on the ride based on the movie, but as far as the main site goes I'm going to ignore the sea of Disney pins out there.

indiana-jones.jpg

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Moedred said:
There are also several pins based on the figure based on the ride based on the movie, but as far as the main site goes I'm going to ignore the sea of Disney pins out there.

Even the ones with Magica de Spell? The network of references gets pretty complex at that point.

PD78118-front.jpg

TheFedora

I went to Disneyland the other month and did not see these in the Indy shop there...maybe they sold out or something?

TheFedora said:
I went to Disneyland the other month and did not see these in the Indy shop there...maybe they sold out or something?

Most vinylmation is only around 6-8 weeks before it's replaced by the next release(s)... it only lasts longer if it didn't sell well and takes longer to sell through.

JasonMa

TheFedora said:
Most of it has been moved to their overstock stores (Character Warehouses in CA and FL).

In fact for my birthday last month I received 8 sealed ones that my mother-in-law bought at one of the overstock stores. She knew I was interested because I bought one at Animal Kingdom last fall and was lucky enough to pull Indy. No surprise that I got some duplicates so I've got extras if anyone wants to trade.

Have:
Marion
Cairo Swordsman
Toht x2

Need:
Sallah
Indy in Disguise/Indy Topper
Golden Idol/Chaser
Jacketless Indy/Variant

I know those last two are a long-shot but I figures it was worth asking