Your Figures In Action! (with PICS!)

vf wing

I've been playing around with some setups and dios. For me it's fun to incorporate the Indy mythos in with GI Joes. The relics themselves make great MacGuffins. Plus Indy benefits from a larger cast of characters to interact with than he has in his own line.

I don't stress too much on them being from different eras or toylines. To me, that's the very point of having different lines: to mix 'em up, since we know that's not too likely to ever happen in the mass media.

I pictured Monkey Man being a smuggler of rare or faked artifacts helping Copperhead to smuggle them out thru some backwater route. That is 'til Shipwreck and Mutt track 'em down!

muttvscopperhead123.jpg

shipwreckvsmonkeyman299.jpg

therelicship127.jpg

What's everybody doing with their figures. Or Legos??

Lambonius

Awesome. I have been thinking about starting this exact thread for at least a week now, but haven't gotten around to doing the pics. It's not quite appropriate for the old Silly Pics thread, since this is for more "serious" (term used loosely) setups. I'd love to see some scene recreations (if that's even possible with the incomplete line we've been stuck with :( ) so post, post, post!!

Unfortunately, I'm home at my parents' place for the weekend, on their SLOW non-broadband connection, and without my digital camera or figures, so my contribution will have to wait. But I've got some great ideas that I will absolutely be posting early this week. Keep 'em coming!! (y)

vf wing

Yes, exactly!! I tried to dig up the Silly Pics thread, but couldn't find it on the first four pages. But, i would love to see whatever creative displays people are doing. Just not necessarily limited to humor or parody.

I love scene recreations! The Probot video is one of the best examples i've seen in capturing the look and feel of the truck chase in Raiders.

One project that just occurred to me this evening involves doing a Lego UFO with Indy in the foreground. I do have a bunch of Legos, but probably not time or inclination to go to quite those lengths. Not yet anyway!
:whip:

UIMJ

Mine is a pretty basic display, generally organized by movie. The spot witht he LJN Thuggee will be for ToD figures, which I have, but probably won't open for display until I have doubles.

I've got some more stuff than this, but anything more and it looks cluttered.

IndyCollection.jpg

vf wing

I'm probably going to pop my TOD figures open. The doubles will be the ones to stay on card, that is if I'm able to find any!

Nice setup! The only old school figures I can remember ever owning are the Arab Swordsman, Indy, and Toht. I guess i need to start digging around for my Toht since it looks like it could be a cold day before we get a new one!

tnswman

Nurhachi1991 said:
Shipwreck!!!!!! Man he is a hard figure to find

Destro would of made an awesome Indy villan

Shipwreck??? from the comic pack? Holy crap man, there are 500 at my wal-mart LOL!

Nurhachi1991

DSC00346.jpg

Vogel: So Mr. Williams we hear you are the reason the Indiana Jones line is cancelled............

Mutt: Yeah you got a problem with that?

Vogel: As a matter of fact...........

DSC00347.jpg

Mutt: No please!!! I can be reasonable!

Vogel: That time has passed....... Destro you may do the honors

Mutt: NOOOOOOOOOO

DSC00348.jpg

Vogel: At least that is done to bad about the line....

Flint: He is absolutely kids because when you overstock the shelves with the same figure nobody wins did you know that overstocking figures people do not want has been the death of other popular toy lines?

Adventure heroes: Now we know!

Flint: And knowing is half the battle!

GI20JOE20Logo.jpg

G.I. Joooooooooooeeeee

vf wing

Holy crap, I love that castle!! I, too, would like to know its origins. That could be a must buy for me!

Nurhachi, those Adventure Heroes make cool stand-ins for proper Indy figs, really adding to the comical effect. Your story is hilarious! Now I just need to open my Vogel...

I put together this new setup the other night:

indyslipsaway681.jpg

tnswman

vf wing said:
Holy crap, I love that castle!! I, too, would like to know its origins. That could be a must buy for me!

Nurhachi, those Adventure Heroes make cool stand-ins for proper Indy figs, really adding to the comical effect. Your story is hilarious! Now I just need to open my Vogel...

indyslipsaway681.jpg

those are exin blocks from the UK :) I love those blocks :)

Nurhachi1991

vf wing said:

indyslipsaway681.jpg

Thanks man! I love your display to the Nazi soldiers look great interogating poor Sallah!

Dr Bones

Mine...."This is the ark we're looking for"

2.jpg

Sorry for the small size but I reduced it for my sig on another forum.

Billy Ray

tnswman said:
those are exin blocks from the UK :) I love those blocks :)

OMG, you are right...I just realized that I used to have these very bricks...I should have recognized them. I wonder where they are??? Time to take an expedtion to my Mom's attic I think.