Indy's schooling

Raiders90

I think I figured out a solution to the discrepancy in time between the YIJC timeline of Indy studying archeology, and the novels.
In the novels, it is presented that Indy is graduating from the college of Chicago, with an undergraduate degree in archaeology. In the YIJC, he is shown to just attending college in 1920. Is it possible that while not shown, he studied while in the army? I know at least the US army offers educational/degree programs as far as I'm aware, so perhaps the Belgian and French armies did something similar?

Or perhaps he got pushed a little further ahead, what with his father being a professor and him being on friendly terms with Howard Carter. I mean the fact that he didn't finish high school yet is allowed to go to college in the series is a discrepancy in and of itself--Which could further the theory that he studied in the army.

Hmmm interesting theory Raiders, but I don't buy it.
Indy fought with French intelligence for the majority of the war, studying archaeology while undercover would have been very very tricky, nigh on impossible really. Indy spent his war years constantly on the move, not only between countries, but between armies too.

I always got the idea that Indy occasionally wasn't sure if he was ever going to study archaeology. At the beginning of the war hes a rebel with a cause, he recieves permission from his dad to study archaeology in the college of his choice from his dad by letter, an offer later rescinded, after Indy had returned home but before he'd gone to Chicago... sorta ruling out any college affiliation for any supposed pamphlet course.
In treasure of the peacocks eye we see Indy abandoning the search to go back home and go to college, if he was already partly trained, then the decision to leave Remy could have been partly postponed, it wouldn't have been as heart rending a decision as it appeared to be.
Finally in the Winds of Change Indy appears to be considering a career as a diplomat, before again going back to his life long dream. Again, this is the very end of the war.

As for difficulty being accepted, Indy, at the age of 21 has been to almost every country in the world, he has a working knowledge of a vast amount of cultures and associated mythologies, he speaks something like 36 languages and is deeply passionate about the subject. Not to mention his laudable army record, a Captain in the Belgium army.

Chicago would have been idiots not to accept him.

I still think its simply an 'our universe' problem. i.e. the authors were kept in the dark