YIJC vs. KOTCS

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Raiders90

Both of these are for various reasons considered the redheaded stepchildren of the Indy film franchise. So I have to ask--which do you prefer?

I choose the YIJC.

My list is:
1) Raiders
2) TOD
3) LC/YIJC (equal)
4) KOTCS

michael

Raiders112390 said:
Both of these are for various reasons considered the redheaded stepchildren of the Indy film franchise.

So Temple of Doom isn't classified as that anymore? Because I don't get the feeling that isn't from people.

As for the topic, it's not fair. The quantity in one of them makes for an unbalanced question.

If I have to pick...

John Wiliams score, (no matter how much he stumbles and plajurizes himself).
Harrison Ford, (Just the first half of the film, no matter how weak the script).

It's tough, because no matter how crazy the "Forrest Gump Brushes with Greatness," YI is still closer in tone to Raiders than Crystal Skull.

So it's a draw, but that isn't an option.

Could the Forrest Gumpiness have been an idea "stolen" by Georgie?

Henry W Jones

I like YIJC. That said, I have never believed Flannery as Indy. He's not terrible but I don't see Indiana Jones when I look at him. Also the "Henri Defense" name through half the series takes it even further from the character Ford plays in the movies. It had some great quality moments but again I found myself waiting for Indy from the movies to show up and he never does. The Crystal Skull while being the weakest movie still makes me feel like I am watching an Indy adventure and like I'm watching Indiana Jones. It has some cheesy moments but YIJC has tons of them too. So Crystal for me any day.

Crack that whip

Oh, man. I enjoy all four movies, right up to and including Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, weaknesses be damned - but I think The (Adventures of) Young Indiana Jones (Chronicles) TV show is absolutely brilliant. It's the most artistically ambitious thing George Lucas has ever done, and in my opinion his greatest creative work since at least the early '80s.

Better than Crystal Skull? Heck, I think Young Indy is better than Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and I love those. I think the show is better than any of the Indy movies that don't have "Raiders," "Lost" or "Ark" in their titles.

Major West

What do I prefer? I suppose KOTCS, because it's a proper Indy movie with Ford playing Indy. Then I remembered Mystery of the Blues, which features a few minutes of Ford as middle aged 'Snow Indy with Beard' which is pretty cool in a mini adventure, but the answer is still KOTCS because it's a full proper movie with Ford as Indy.