Fedora's hat

has anyone noticed that in LC the ribbon on fedora's hat is tiny and in YIJC it's thick like in ROLA and it's "supposed" to be the same hat:confused:

Las Vegas Jones

Fedora's hat in LC was an "Off The Rack", well more out of the box, hat from Western Costume stock. It was reblocked for the movie there and was part of the rental, along with the rest of his costume and the costumes of most of the characters from the opening sequence. There was no specific "You will use THAT hat" it was the first one out of the fedora box that was the correct size for the actor.
I was working, as a costumer, there when the film was being made and saw all the LC costumes in lock up (they were held in case they needed to do any re-shots, so the costumes would be ready and available) {The costumes for the rest of the film were done, as usual, in England.} I got to look at them (even tried Fedora's Hat on) and was wondering what they could all be for, especially Fedora's as it looked very Indy like but not Indy.
Once I saw the movie all the costumes I saw all made sense :)

Las Vegas Jones

Las Vegas Jones

I figure the hat Fedora gave him just set the style that Indy would use for the rest of his life. NOT that the hat he gave him was the only one he would ever own. So, that was just his first one:)

Stoo

oliverjones18 said:
You callin' me a fanboy!:mad:
Hey, oliverjones, don't let this upset you. The guy buys toys and dresses up like Indy.:rolleyes:
Like Lonesome Drifter suggested, maybe he replaced the ribbon.

Swindle

The implication to me is it was the same hat. The cut to modern Ford-Indy really beat you over the head with that.