Fav. Indy Moments

I

Indy_Jones88

Ok lets go round and name our fav indy moment. Wether it is from the movies or the books and comics, it doesnt matter. Just name ure fav indy moment.

Mine would have to be the begining or Raiders. Its a classic 1 to pick i know, but it has been my favorite since i was a kid. Indy avoiding the light to not set off the trap, Indy avoiding the foot panels that would send poison darts his way, and dont forget the boulder chase. This is also where we find out that Indy has a fear of snakes when he is in the plane with Jock & Reggie the Snake.

I also think this is the part of all the movies where Indy is the most mysterious. You dont know anything about him or his life and he is very quiet. He only talkes when he has something intelligent to say (If only my sister would do that.).

Remember this is only my opinion. That doesnt mean its right wrong or indifferent. Have fun with this.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
In my case that would be...also the opening sequence of Raiders, but I also liked the rope bridge scene in Temple a lot.

Indy_Jones88 said:
He only talkes when he has something intelligent to say (If only my sister would do that.).

lol :D .. I know exactly what you are talking about.

I

Indy_Jones88

lol

lol :) Im guessing u have a sister? How old r u and ure sister if u dont mind me asking?

S

skywlkrinc

I agree. The opening scene of Raiders is my favorite as well. In fact it is pure cinematic genius. I also like the scene in ToD when Indy and Shorty are in the room with the spikes. The truck sequence in Raiders is another favorite.
In LC I like the whole entering and escaping the castle Brumwald (sp?) part.

Luke

I

Indy_Jones88

Yea for LC the motorcycle chase is pure genius... I also like for a comedy scene when they r stuck in the burning room in the castle.

For TOD i guess it would have to be the bridge scene or the mine cart scene.

Lets face it, for the indy films every second is pure genius. Every second is movie history.

Finn

Staff member
Three fav. moments from all three films...

Raiders: Three short moments that are classics, the boulder, the swordsman, the snake.

ToD: "Do you know how to fly?" - "No, do you?", the snake in the jungle and the "He nuts?" - "No, he crazy!"

LC: Tied up in chairs, "No ticket" and the hat blown by the wind.

LASTCRUSADER

Aside form the opening scene in Raiders, I would have to say that the three challenges Indy faced in the Grail's temple is one of my favorite sequences in the trilogy.

I

Indy_Jones88

cool

Im glad we all have our Indy moments. Sometimes its hard to remember them all lol. Like i completely forgot about the swordsman because its like a 20 second clip but it is so funny.

Keep posting fav indy moments

bungle92

The part in Temple of Doom after Indy wakes up from the Black Sleep and the screen cuts to the Thuggee guard beating up the kids and then the mine car flashes on Indy. We then hear a "thwack" from Indy's whip and see the guard go flying on the ground. This scene made me want to be Indy when I was a kid.

Finn

Staff member
Actually, I think it's the smack of a fist (can't think any other way why the baddie would come flying down), but what the heck. It's a good moment either way.

Junior Jones

I'll go with Indy shoots the swordsman for best comedy moment.

And Indy drags under the truck for best action moment.

I

Indy_Jones88

kool i love all those moments to. Keep them coming people.

Luckylighter

At the end of the Basket Chase in "Raiders", just as the truck starts heading down the alley, Indy comes around from behind the corner, the Raiders theme picks up on full octane, he raises his pistol and starts firing. Man, that scene still gives me goosebumps.

And later on...

Belloq: "It's a transmitter...a radio for speaking to God, and it's within my reach."

Indy: "You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together, I've got nothing better to do."

Ah, I could do this all day. :cool:

OK...one more: ToD--"It wasn't my hands it was my...my misunderstanding."

I

Indy_Jones88

Ok LuckyLighter has a good idea, if u want to quote indy that is fine to.

"My soul is prepared, how is yours"

Finn

Staff member
And now that we mentioned Belloq, there is even better word exchange earlier on the same scene.

Belloq: Now, Dr. Jones, where could I then find an adversary worth my own reputation?
Indy: Try the local sewer.

Katarn07

Cairo Swordsman does his moves, Indy draws his Webley and pulls the trigger.

The Thuggee henchman do their moves, Indy goes for the Webley, realizes its not there, gives that half laugh thing, and then goes for his whip and gets a sword of his own.

Seeing those together makes them even better than alone!

There are plenty of others and lots of them are subtle like when Indy tips his hat after snatching the idol in RotLA or when he comes face to face with that snake stature in ToD. It's the little things he does really that makes him so cool :D

Most of my favorite moments are from LC, since that is my favorite movie of the trilogy. Here are a couple:

The very end of LC, with the whole "We named the dog Indiana" bit, and when they ride out into the sunset. Even though I know that ending is so cliched, I find it really moving.

In ToD, in Club ObiWan when the Chinese guy (name?) grabs the machine gun and starts shooting and laughing like a maniac. His facial expressions are very funny.

When Indy falls off of the cliff and is then reunited with his dad and they embrace. That part is so cute!!

When Fedora places the infamous hat on young Indy's head...the beginning of it all.

There are a lot more but I can't think of any at the moment

I

Indy_Jones88

Very good, im very happy with all of the feedback. I agree sometimes it is just the little things, like in LC when our favorite heroes hat blows back to him, that make the movies the greatest.

grumpus

awww there are so many, but i like after club obi-wan when indy and willie fall into the car and indy tells shorty to go "okie dokie doctor jones, hold onto your potatoes" great line if you ask me