Old 03-31-2009, 11:16 PM   #77
Insomniac
IndyFan

SPF would be awesome!
Insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #78
Dr Bones
IndyFan

I don't like the idea of anyone replacing HF but I guess nobody could get used to the idea of anyone but Connery being Bond, but they did it time and time again and Bond is still big time forty years on....

Look at the uproar when Brosnan was replaced by Craig...Now everyone is loving Craig.

Instead of the Indy passing on the role to Mutt idea it my well happen HF gets replaced and it may even happen that some fans prefer the new Indy. Like I said, hard to accept now...but who knows in the future?

Reboots are ten a penny these days but they just keep on coming...Indy may well be next.

Dr Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #79
StoneTriple
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bones
Reboots are ten a penny these days but...

So is using the term reboot for a prequel. Indy wouldn't have to be "rebooted". Considering the myriad of possible stories in the 12 novels and the unexplored early 30s, a prequel with a different actor would work very well just as a good adventure film.
StoneTriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #80
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneTriple
So is using the term reboot for a prequel. Indy wouldn't have to be "rebooted". Considering the myriad of possible stories in the 12 novels and the unexplored early 30s, a prequel with a different actor would work very well just as a good adventure film.

That's where I want the franchise to go! I wanna to see what happened in 25/26!!!

You know what I talking about....

And a couple of WW2 adventures would be nice too, with Mac.

And I love pretty much all the novels with a couple of exceptions (Sky Pirates should be avoided completely and Interior World is just too weird, White Witch however is a much better story than SP, and is more Indy like and I wouldn't mind it being turned into a film or telemovie). I've always felt that a mini series would be fitting for the novels especially for MacGregor's because of continuity and McCoy's, again because of the continuity in between his books.

In terms of an actor though, I don't know who should play Indy other than WW2 Indy, which would be SPF. For 1920s Indy, I did like Luke Ford (from Mummy 3) very much. He could do 1920s Indy and believe me, he played Alex who is a lot tougher than Mutt, so I believe he could pull it off. And the fact that he was hot in Mummy 3, certainly has pushed my vote in his direction, lol.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:04 AM   #81
Millions
IndyFan

Uh.... who's SPF?
Millions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:33 AM   #82
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions
Uh.... who's SPF?

Sunscreen.
Lance Quazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:34 AM   #83
Rocket Surgeon

What does Harrison Ford's son look like?
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #84
EddyW
IndyFan

I think I've said it before,but if it was up to me, I'd ask Eric Bana. I'm pretty sure he could pull it of and he even looks like (a younger, gruffier, TOD) Indy.

What do you think? With the right lighting and a fedora over this we could have Indy kicking Nazi's for a long time to come.
EddyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #85
punisher5150
IndyFan

SPF=Sean Patrick Flannery

Young Indiana Jones! I think a series set in the 30s with him as Indy would be good. I used to think he didn't look much like Harrison Ford, but now that he's older, there is definitely a resemblance. Take a loof at Raiders era Harrison Ford and SPF now.

Also, I think Dennis Quaid could do a 1940s Indy (looked very Indy-ish in the Flight of the Phoenix remake, that's what sold me), but I'd rather see SPF in the 30s if we're not going to have Harrison Ford.
punisher5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #86
Morning Bell
IndyFan

I'm not thrilled with the idea of anyone replacing Ford, although I do think some actors like Bruce Campbell and David Duchovny would do a respectable job.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #87
Dr Bones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyW
I think I've said it before,but if it was up to me, I'd ask Eric Bana. I'm pretty sure he could pull it of and he even looks like (a younger, gruffier, TOD) Indy.

What do you think? With the right lighting and a fedora over this we could have Indy kicking Nazi's for a long time to come.

Devil's advocate here...

He does look a little like HF in the bottom pic but just becuase he has a passing resemblence doesn't mean he is the right guy for the role or even that HF should be replaced.

Bana has been real hit and miss in the films I have seen him in. He was dull in the dull Troy and as for Hulk....

Brandon Routh was cast as Supes due to his Reeve likeness (obviously Reeve was picked for his Supes likeness!) but it was a bad film and the casting of Routh alone couldn't save it.

But IMHO give Bana a decent movie, plot, script, director, supporting cast etc etc..then why not.

That said Bana or anyone else need to make the role their own..a Harrison immitator would be just awful...(Routh!)
Dr Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #88
caats
IndyFan

after seeing Star Trek. a reboot/recast down the line could be awesome. but i think we're a while off from it. maybe in like 15 years or so. Star Trek has swung my opinion on an Indy reboot in favor of it. and also, Chris Pine might not look like Ford, but he's definitely in the same mold when it comes to acting. Good looking leading man who can do tough, but at the same time can do humor. and his yell is very Ford like. haha. i'm sure there'll be somebody else similar come out in the next 15 years.
caats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:00 PM   #89
kongisking
IndyFan

If they were to do a Remake or Reboot of the character, my list of possible actors would be:

Hugh Jackman (He definitely has the Bad-Ass Factor...)

Josh Lucas (Very good at tough, loner, smart-mouthed dudes; could be good as TOD's Indy)

Dennis Quaid (looks a LOT like Harrison!!!)

Chris Pine (from what I've heard, he used Indy and Han Solo as inspiration for his performance as Kirk.)

Hell with it, maybe even Aaron Eckhart*...

* He'd make a GREAT Steve Rogers (AKA Captain America) too!!!!!
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #90
caats
IndyFan

i believe that for Pine. Pine would be my only choice. He seemed a lot like Indy. the way he yelled, and the way he ran and screamed reminded me of the start of Raiders when Indy ran to the plane.
caats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #91
indytim
IndyFan

Location: England (you can get all kinds of transport there ... boat, plane, anything)
Would Bradley Cooper make a good Indy?

Of course, no-one but the great Mr Ford could ever truly play Indy but I was thinking if another actor was ever cast to fill those well-trodden boots on the silver screen then maybe Bradley Cooper wouldn't be such a bad choice. I wasn't much of a fan when I first saw him in Alias but in his recent movie work Bradley has displayed that kind of rugged charm and cocksure yet fallible swagger that smacks of Indy. Just a thought

indytim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #92
Mickiana
IndyFan

He could do it on looks, but he would have to get a hard edge about him in his Indy character.
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:42 PM   #93
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Not a big fan of Bradley Cooper. At least in the roles that I've seen him in. He comes off as a real douche for the lack of a better word. Again, it could be because of the roles he plays.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:45 AM   #94
indycast
IndyFan

After seeing Inception for a second time - I think Tom Hardy could make a fine Indy - but of course there is no one but Harrison that could make it work!

indycast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:58 AM   #95
Mickiana
IndyFan

Just saw Limitless and enjoyed it as a good romp. The scene when he is tearing through some sea side town in a fast sports car looking tanned with a couple days of stubble made me think he could be a good Indy.
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #96
Toht's Arm
IndyFan

I'll add my vote for Tom Hardy over Bradley Cooper. Provided he can do the accent, of course.
Toht's Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #97
Dark Horse
IndyFan

Both wouldn't be bad actually.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:20 AM   #98
Indy Scout 117
IndyFan

see i think it'd be difficult for anyone to take on the Indy role other than Harrison Ford. Ford knows how to play a hero role superbly. y'know how actors/actresses are best known for a specific kinda role, like hero, villain, damsel in distress, etc? you'd need someone who would A) look like Harrison Ford and B) know how to play a hero role like it's nobody's business. it'd be difficult to find someone like that, that i know of at least.
Indy Scout 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:21 AM   #99
Darth Vile
IndyFan

I think you have to be mindful that we're talking about a casting of an actor to play Indiana Jones and not Harrison Ford. The lines are blurred because, to most of us here, Ford is Indiana Jones... but for me it would be a mistake to automatically gravitate to someone who resembles Ford (be it physically or a similarity between characters they've portrayed).
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #100
Ebeneezer Jones
IndyFan

Mark Wahlberg...
Ebeneezer Jones is offline   Reply With Quote