Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 09-13-2017, 04:50 PM   #251
IndyForever
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Palm
Wow, GREAT interview!! And great pictures of Ford!
Yeah Harrison looks great just pop that hat, leather jacket & whip on he will fall right back into character as he is the man! Also Spielberg will no doubt take a picture day 1 of filming like he did on KOTCS so within a year we hopefully get a new character shot of him courtesy of Spielberg!!
IndyForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #252
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
A man of few words lets hope he is saving all his energy for his presumably final ... movie

Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #253
DARTH ZOIDBERG
IndyFan

Harrison got the script and is hoping Spielberg is ready to start filming in 2018,

http://popculture.com/movies/2017/09...-filming-2018/
DARTH ZOIDBERG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:19 PM   #254
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

That's just a reprint of what's in the GQ interview.
Udvarnoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:28 PM   #255
moon_tan
IndyFan

Harrison Ford has been ready for a new Indiana Jones movie since his interview about Cowboys and Aliens in 2011. It is Steven Spielberg that is holding things up. Spielberg likes to delay movies. The same for J.J. Abrams.
Spielberg doesn't understand that being in your 70's poses health issues and a weaker immune system. Loss of energy. A heart attack, a stroke and dying of natural causes in your sleep can happen.
Spielberg will be 71 this December. Harrison Ford is already 75.
They should have made more Indy films in the 1990's.
For some reason, Spielberg wants Harrison to be so old to play Indy again and I don't think the film will be as enjoyable. Maybe Spielberg has some jealousy there for Harrison's vim and vigor.
It is not easy for a man to be so physical and strong in your 70's. Spielberg does not know this. Spielberg doesn't look like he lift weights and does push ups himself. Spielberg can just sit in a chair with his one kidney.
Of course, Harrison has been wanting to do this fifth movie as soon as possible. It may be his swan song.
Steven Spielberg knows darn well there will not be any more Indiana Jones movies after 2020 with Harrison, like he says there will be.
As far as trying to find an artifact for the movie...The Librarian tv series (TNT) comes up with artifacts every week the cast is in search for or trying to rescue from a villain.
An artifact that has a biblical connection like the Ark of the Covenant and Jesus' cup was my favorite.
moon_tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:37 PM   #256
moon_tan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky
Fingers crossed. It makes a lot of sense to slot this back for Summer 2019, which was the original plan.
I agree with you, Udvarnoky. No Star Wars or James Bond movie in the way in July 2019. Spider-Man 2 might be released in July 5, 2019.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:04 AM   #257
moon_tan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARTH ZOIDBERG
Harrison got the script and is hoping Spielberg is ready to start filming in 2018,

http://popculture.com/movies/2017/09...-filming-2018/
They should listen to Harrison this time. They should start scouting locations and getting the cast together this year, so they could start filming this thing in 2018. Let's do it for Harrison.
Would love to see "Short Round" Jonathan Ke Quan return in the movie. Perhaps show his martial arts.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:55 AM   #258
AndyLGR
IndyFan

Great to hear news snippets over this last couple of weeks that things seem to be ramping up with the sotry now.
AndyLGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:55 PM   #259
DARTH ZOIDBERG
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_tan
Harrison Ford has been ready for a new Indiana Jones movie since his interview about Cowboys and Aliens in 2011. It is Steven Spielberg that is holding things up. Spielberg likes to delay movies. The same for J.J. Abrams.
Spielberg doesn't understand that being in your 70's poses health issues and a weaker immune system. Loss of energy. A heart attack, a stroke and dying of natural causes in your sleep can happen.
Spielberg will be 71 this December. Harrison Ford is already 75.
They should have made more Indy films in the 1990's.
For some reason, Spielberg wants Harrison to be so old to play Indy again and I don't think the film will be as enjoyable. Maybe Spielberg has some jealousy there for Harrison's vim and vigor.
It is not easy for a man to be so physical and strong in your 70's. Spielberg does not know this. Spielberg doesn't look like he lift weights and does push ups himself. Spielberg can just sit in a chair with his one kidney.
Of course, Harrison has been wanting to do this fifth movie as soon as possible. It may be his swan song.
Steven Spielberg knows darn well there will not be any more Indiana Jones movies after 2020 with Harrison, like he says there will be.
As far as trying to find an artifact for the movie...The Librarian tv series (TNT) comes up with artifacts every week the cast is in search for or trying to rescue from a villain.
An artifact that has a biblical connection like the Ark of the Covenant and Jesus' cup was my favorite.

this is different Disney owns the rights to the Indiana Jones franchise now so I would think with Fords advancing age and the fact Disney Is calling the shots Disney would be inclined to get a new director If Spielberg stalls much longer. Plus This is a recent revelation about the script being done which is a certain kind of milestone. the first we heard of a finished script was I believe a David Koepp interview about a week ago...

Last edited by DARTH ZOIDBERG : 09-14-2017 at 08:04 PM.
DARTH ZOIDBERG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #260
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Footage of Harrison being asked about Indy 5:

https://www.facebook.com/gq/videos/10156574052998098/
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:27 PM   #261
Moedred
Administrator

More Karen Allen:
Quote:
Initially I felt sad because we had a blast working with Shia on Crystal Skull. He had just turned 21, and I adored him. He was just the most lovely, hardworking, emotionally vulnerable person. At the time, we had no idea if there would be another [movie] but there was that beautiful little wink at the end where he starts to take the hat and Indy comes and takes it away from him. Reading that [article] put an end to that as a possibility. I mean, there was no indication as to why that was true ó whether he doesnít want to do it or they just made the decision in terms of where theyíre going with the story ó and itís a complete mystery to me as to whether or not Marion is even a part of this next one. But Iím sorry that he wonít be a part of it. I guess [Indiana and Marion] sent him off to school after all!
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:32 AM   #262
Raiders112390
IndyFan

If a script is done, and Allen doesn't even know whether Marion is coming back, it's a good bet that she either isn't coming back or her role is minimal. Hopefully the former is the case. I have nothing against Karen Allen or the character but Ford's last outing as Indy needs to see him go back to his roots - cut out the bloat.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #263
Silvor
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
If a script is done, and Allen doesn't even know whether Marion is coming back, it's a good bet that she either isn't coming back or her role is minimal. Hopefully the former is the case. I have nothing against Karen Allen or the character but Ford's last outing as Indy needs to see him go back to his roots - cut out the bloat.
Or Ford is a lot higher up than her in the chain of who reads the work in progress script as he's one of the main driving forces behind getting the movie made.
Koepp stated in a recent interview that the script isn't done yet and that there was a lot of work left.
Just because Ford got a text saying the script was ready for him to read doesn't mean it's done.
Silvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:10 AM   #264
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

Agreed. The script is probably only between Spielberg, Koepp and Ford at this point. If I remember correctly, Karen Allen was not informed that she would be in Crystal Skull until pretty late in the game as well.
Udvarnoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:50 AM   #265
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Until everything's finalized there are probably only a few who really know what's going on. Once the script is finished and finalized the rest of the cast should fall into place.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:05 AM   #266
Wilhelm
IndyFan

About Indiana Jones 5 and nazis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D8anefRWUo
Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:48 PM   #267
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky
Agreed. The script is probably only between Spielberg, Koepp and Ford at this point. If I remember correctly, Karen Allen was not informed that she would be in Crystal Skull until pretty late in the game as well.

Ford won't see the script until the mouse signs off on it.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:18 PM   #268
hismasterplan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm
About Indiana Jones 5 and nazis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D8anefRWUo

Loved his answer.
hismasterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:13 PM   #269
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by hismasterplan
Loved his answer.

So tragic. So old. Not that old is tragic, but to assume that this gentleman, at his age can pursue an action film, is the true travesty. You have to remember that the Blade Runner scenes that we will see this year, are probably 18 months old at the minimum
Old 09-23-2017, 04:27 AM   #270
Silvor
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
So tragic. So old. Not that old is tragic, but to assume that this gentleman, at his age can pursue an action film, is the true travesty. You have to remember that the Blade Runner scenes that we will see this year, are probably 18 months old at the minimum
Oh c'mon!
You know Ford really has problems with interviews and how uncomfortable they make him. If you were to judge his movie performances based on his interviews he'd never be able to do any of his movies.
Silvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:02 PM   #271
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Quote:

I bet Ford could kick your ass, easily.
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:06 PM   #272
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:

He interviewed awkwardly back when he was young.
"So old." No offense, but I've seen you pushing this line for YEARS. It's like you have something against older people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcPRbke-hxI

Same year, comes off much more energetic.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:09 PM   #273
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Back in the 90s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nubw-MjUffA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcffF9aUxpk

He always has come off like a mumbling, stoned SOB. I hate ageist crap.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:44 PM   #274
hismasterplan
IndyFan

Quote:

Sorry, I should have clarified which part of Ford's answer I was referring too. It was a big deal but I was tired. I meant his answer about being ready to fight nazis and white supremacists in real life and that the story would be good and evil, if not about specifically nazis.
hismasterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:04 AM   #275
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Palm
I bet Ford could kick your ass, easily.